Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2021, 06:18 PM

4,483 posts, read 1,320,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjGuru View Post
Charlie24, I'm still waiting for the forgiveness question. I know that's a tough one. I'm widowed, and know what unspoken forgiveness can do to a person at death. If you would rather not answer, let me know and I'll not ask again.
I guess I'm a little dense, as I have admitted to, not very smart!

I don't know what your forgiveness question is, if I did, I would have surely answered it!

Old 08-23-2021, 06:21 PM

1,091 posts, read 278,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post

I don't know what your forgiveness question is, if I did, I would have surely answered it!
Have you ever forgiven someone, such as your wife, child, parent, etc. without them knowing it? If so, were they forgiven, simply on the basis of your forgiveness?

Old 08-23-2021, 06:21 PM

Quote:

Why don't you just give it to me plain and simple, I promise an answer from the scripture!

Old 08-23-2021, 06:24 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,354,085 times
Quote:
The oracles noted in Rom 3:2 include not only law but the covenant that God has made with the house of Israel, to which the Gentiles are to be grafted in. When we are unfaithful, God remains faithful, even in our unbelief. And the covenant remains valid. And that covenant specifically states that God will take away sins, and remember sin no more, even if we are unfaithful in unbelief.

Jer 31:33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.
Jer 31:34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

Agreed?
Agreed.

Old 08-23-2021, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Have you ever forgiven someone, such as your wife, child, parent, etc. without them knowing it? If so, were they forgiven, simply on the basis of your forgiveness?
Yes, I have! They were forgiven by me, but not by God until they admitted that wrong to Him.

But this brings us to the question, was there a sin committed?

You see, my forgiveness to someone cannot be compared to the forgiveness of God.

My consequences are not the same as His consequences.

Old 08-23-2021, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Yes, I have! They were forgiven by me, but not by God until they admitted that wrong to Him.

But this brings us to the question, was there a sin committed?

You see, my forgiveness to someone cannot be compared to the forgiveness of God.

My consequences are not the same as His consequences.
If we go back and read 2Co 5:19, sins are not being imputed and all are reconciled. God is at least as righteous as you, would you not agree? Or do you, being a sinner, have more grace than God?

Old 08-23-2021, 06:52 PM

Charlie24: I'm ready to call it a night. It's getting late on this side of the globe. Let's recap first:

All sins are forgiven
All are reconciled by God to Himself
All are justified by Christ
All are in Christ
God's faithfulness endures, even in our unbelief

Agreed?

Old 08-23-2021, 06:53 PM

Quote:
If we go back and read 2Co 5:19, sins are not being imputed and all are reconciled. God is at least as righteous as you, would you not agree? Or do you, being a sinner, have more grace than God?
No, Guru! The reconciling of Christ was done in a specific manner! He gave His life on the Cross that whosoever believeth in Him might be saved/reconciled.

The fact that reconciliation is needed is proof of a broken relationship between man and God.

It is faith in Christ that brings reconciliation. It can't be received any other way!

Old 08-23-2021, 06:58 PM

Quote:
No, Guru! The reconciling of Christ was done in a specific manner! He gave His life on the Cross that whosoever believeth in Him might be saved/reconciled.

The fact that reconciliation is needed is proof of a broken relationship between man and God.

It is faith in Christ that brings reconciliation. It can't be received any other way!
Read the text again, Charlie24. It was God in Christ who reconciled the world to himself, not imputing their trespasses to them. The text states this unequivocally, and does so using present tense verbs to make sure we understand what it say's and means.

Let's work with the word "reconcile" first. We'll get to "salvation" later.

Old 08-23-2021, 06:58 PM

11,123 posts, read 6,385,743 times
Quote:

no charlie we are reconciled by His death, which happened 2000 years ago and we are saved by His life. the reconciliation for all happened 2000 years ago, it is a done deal whether you believe it happened or not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity