Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2022, 05:33 AM

8,039 posts, read 1,846,500 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Don't even pretend you know what anything in the book of the Revelation of Jesus Christ means.
The Holy Spirit will illuminate passages like this to your understanding if you ask Him what they mean.

Old 02-10-2022, 05:44 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,312,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
The Holy Spirit will illuminate passages like this to your understanding if you ask Him what they mean.
Doesn't deserve a response in light of you rejecting what Mystic has been telling you about about guidance of the Spirit.

All will be saved, and no matter how limited you are in your beliefs, those beliefs will not limit the Holy one of Israel accomplishing what he Says and desires. God said.... Let there be..... And there was.

Old 02-10-2022, 05:47 AM

Quote:
Doesn't deserve a response in light of you rejecting what Mystic has been telling you about about guidance of the Spirit.

All will be saved, and no matter how limited you are in your beliefs, those beliefs will not limit the Holy one of Israel accomplishing what he Says and desires. God said.... Let there be..... And there was.
Simply an unbiblical statement that is steeped in false doctrine and heresy.

Old 02-10-2022, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Simply an unbiblical statement that is steeped in false doctrine and heresy.
Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth. If God desires something, nothing can prevent the fulfillment of it, it is a law in life. Your unbelief or the unbelief of others can never prevent it from happening.

Desire conceives and nothing can stop it unless it is aborted. God does not abort his own desires.

So is My word ( Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth) that goeth out of My mouth, It turneth not back unto Me empty, But hath done that which I desired, And prosperously effected that for which I sent it.

Old 02-10-2022, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth. If God desires something, nothing can prevent the fulfillment of it, it is a law in life. Your unbelief or the unbelief of others can never prevent it from happening.

Desire conceives and nothing can stop it unless it is aborted. God does not abort his own desires.

So is My word ( Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth) that goeth out of My mouth, It turneth not back unto Me empty, But hath done that which I desired, And prosperously effected that for which I sent it.
You are going to have to cut out of your Bible those scriptures that teach that there are certain ones who will be cast into the furnace / lake of fire; where there is wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Old 02-10-2022, 06:22 AM

2,029 posts, read 1,366,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Here’s what Jesus said about that.

Luke 18:9-14

The Pharisee and the Publican

9 And He also told this parable to some people who trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and viewed others with contempt: 10 “Two men went up into the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. 11 The Pharisee stood and was praying this to himself: ‘God, I thank You that I am not like other people: swindlers, unjust, adulterers, or even like this tax collector. 12 I fast twice a week; I pay tithes of all that I get.’ 13 But the tax collector, standing some distance away, was even unwilling to lift up his eyes to heaven, but was beating his breast, saying, ‘God, be merciful to me, the sinner!’ 14 I tell you, this man went to his house justified rather than the other; for everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, but he who humbles himself will be exalted.”

I do not see a contradiction. This is an entirely different subject matter. Do not those who love God love Him because He loved us first? God loves saint and sinner alike. Saints reap the rewards, sinners reap death. Your rebuttal has nothing to do with anybody's eternal security.

Old 02-10-2022, 06:26 AM

Quote:
You are going to have to cut out of your Bible those scriptures that teach that there are certain ones who will be cast into the furnace / lake of fire; where there is wailing and gnashing of teeth.
You need to research the symbolic meanings of fire, not just believe what you have been taught or carried over from your former life before you professed to be a christian. By your statement you are saying 2 things, God will not and cannot save all because you have a couple of verses in the Bible that seemingly put sinners in a a furnace of fire and a lake of fire that is a physical place of no escape. Actually a 3rd thing, God cannot accomplish his desires.

Old 02-10-2022, 06:31 AM

God has given to mankind a measure of sovereignty; even free will; and has chosen not to violate that for whatever reason.

Therefore, even though God is Omnipotent, He does not utilize that Omnipotence in order to force salvation on anyone.

People are indeed able to choose damnation therefore, for whatever reason.

Maybe they think that the preaching of the Cross is foolishness; but for whatever reason they reject the gospel of Jesus Christ; and in doing so they choose damnation for themselves.

Old 02-10-2022, 06:45 AM

Quote:
God has given to mankind a measure of sovereignty; even free will; and has chosen not to violate that for whatever reason.

Therefore, even though God is Omnipotent, He does not utilize that Omnipotence in order to force salvation on anyone.

Maybe they think that the preaching of the Cross is foolishness; but for whatever reason they reject the gospel of Jesus Christ; and in doing so they choose damnation for themselves.
You were not saved by your free will. You were saved by what he did. You were not saved from some kind of eternal separation, you were saved from the power of sin over your life. Does God have free will ? Where does your bible say that God violates the free will of man by saving him? Who in their right mind would refuse to be saved when they were aware that they needed saving? He is the great persuader and can do that using wisdom instead of fire and brimstone. If anything fire and brimstone preaching is a violation of man's free will. Jesus said if they are not willing to listen, just shake the dust off your feet on your way out.

Last edited by pcamps; 02-10-2022 at 07:00 AM..

Old 02-10-2022, 07:03 AM

Quote:

The cross to you is foolish because that is the place where God proved to the world that hew was NOT imputing the sin of the people against them. That scripture alone proves the saving is done and all will be saved, the effect of that can only be experienced by being fully convinced of it, and to be fully convinced of it, takes faith because the truth of it to the natural mind is beyond its comprehension.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity