Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2022, 10:38 PM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I don't think got questions has got an answer for this one. Yea, but what about eternal punishment and fiery furnaces is probably going to be his comeback, that seems to be his go to bible verse, I can almost see him breathing fire at the thought that God is not imputing the sins of the people against them. The old creation religion man is at enmity with the new creation spiritual man.
My heart is deeply saddened because I believe JBF actually sincerely believes God IS a wrathful and vengeful War God as depicted by our primitive ancestors in their many OT writings. You cannot possibly read those accounts and come away with any other impression. That is why Jesus was rejected and why His effort to convey the real God was so badly misinterpreted to be an answer to God's wrath. It is a travesty of human ignorance and perversity of monumental proportions. I have no clue how to fight it.

Old 02-10-2022, 03:46 AM

4,639 posts, read 1,184,757 times
Quote:
Do you believe this .........
that God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, NOT counting people’s sins against them. And he has committed to us the message of reconciliation.

Yes or No?

That the message of reconciliation is God is Not counting the people's sin against them.

Yes or No?

If no, please explain what you think it is saying.
It refers to Gods elect people from all over the world. It doesnt apply to the non elect who shall die in their sins as Jesus points out Jn 8:24

24 I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.

Now how can Jesus say to them they shall die in their sins, if God was in Him reconciling them to Him not counting their sins against them. How could they die in their sins in unbelief ? Explain that

Old 02-10-2022, 04:47 AM

8,039 posts, read 1,846,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
My heart is deeply saddened because I believe JBF actually sincerely believes God IS a wrathful and vengeful War God as depicted by our primitive ancestors in their many OT writings. You cannot possibly read those accounts and come away with any other impression. That is why Jesus was rejected and why His effort to convey the real God was so badly misinterpreted to be an answer to God's wrath. It is a travesty of human ignorance and perversity of monumental proportions. I have no clue how to fight it.
Jesus is a "Man of war" (Exodus 3:15) even in the New Testament.

Just read Revelation 19:11-16, for example.

Last edited by justbyfaith; 02-10-2022 at 05:02 AM..

Old 02-10-2022, 04:52 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,312,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
No reasonably minded person can look at the stark contrast of the way Jehovah in the OT and Jesus Christ of the NT are depicted and not see there is something amiss, it simply cannot be dismissed the way it is by the likes of a few posters on here. I personally have no issue with Jehovah, because all who wrote of him in the OT writings did not know him. How they accredited God with the atrocities done in the OT, is something that Jesus would have never done.

Old 02-10-2022, 04:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightfame52 View Post
It refers to Gods elect people from all over the world. It doesnt apply to the non elect who shall die in their sins as Jesus points out Jn 8:24

24 I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.

Now how can Jesus say to them they shall die in their sins, if God was in Him reconciling them to Him not counting their sins against them. How could they die in their sins in unbelief ? Explain that
You do realize it is plainly saying he was not imputing sin, so be reconciled to God?

Old 02-10-2022, 05:01 AM

Quote:
You do realize it is plainly saying he was not imputing sin, so be reconciled to God?
So those to whom God is not imputing sin, can die in their sins?

If no, then they die in their sins to whom God is imputing sin.

If yes, then they still die in their sins. So, your argument is moot.

Old 02-10-2022, 05:05 AM

Quote:
No reasonably minded person can look at the stark contrast of the way Jehovah in the OT and Jesus Christ of the NT are depicted and not see there is something amiss, it simply cannot be dismissed the way it is by the likes of a few posters on here. I personally have no issue with Jehovah, because all who wrote of him in the OT writings did not know him. How they accredited God with the atrocities done in the OT, is something that Jesus would have never done.

Rev 19:11, And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.
Rev 19:12, His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.
Rev 19:13, And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.
Rev 19:14, And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.
Rev 19:15, And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.
Rev 19:16, And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.

Old 02-10-2022, 05:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
So those to whom God is not imputing sin, can die in their sins?

If no, then they die in their sins to whom God is imputing sin.

If yes, then they still die in their sins. So, your argument is moot.
How can you die in sin when they are not being imputed ? How can they die in something God condemned ? God condemned sin(not the sinner) in the flesh, for what purpose ? So that the righteous requirements of the law can be met in those who believe the good news that God is not imputing sin against them. Romans 8:3

You still do not get the finished work of the cross, you don't get it is done and dusted. We live in a world that God is not imputing its sin against it, the wonderful benefit of believing this is, sin longer has power over you and you are free to LIVE no longer under the condemnation of sin, and enabled us to serve him without fear
in holiness and righteousness before him all our days Luke 1:74-75. In not believing the good news, you remain under the condemnation of sin, NOT the condemnation of God, in other words you like your life owned and condemned by that which you are freed from.

Years ago I saw this..... A cell door to the prison I was in, was wide open, I was free to go. It wasn't believe and I will open the cell door, it was wide open, I was free, but I had a choice of remaining in that prison of condemnation of sin or just simply getting off my ass to enjoy the freedom that was mine. Those who believe like you, are kicking those cell doors closed, keeping those whom Jesus freed, under the condemnation of sin, NOT the condemnation of God. Repent and believe the good news!

Old 02-10-2022, 05:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
Rev 19:11, And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.
Rev 19:12, His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.
Rev 19:13, And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.
Rev 19:14, And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.
Rev 19:15, And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.
Rev 19:16, And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.
Don't even pretend you know what anything in the book of the Revelation of Jesus Christ means.

Old 02-10-2022, 05:31 AM

Quote:
How can you die in sin when they are not being imputed ? How can they die in something God condemned ? God condemned sin(not the sinner) in the flesh, for what purpose ? So that the righteous requirements of the law can be met in those who believe the good news that God is not imputing sin against them. Romans 8:3
There are clearly people in scripture who will die in their sins.

So, it appears that you are saying that those people have their sins being imputed to them.

So, you have made my point quite nicely.

You would have made my point quite nicely no matter what the answer to my question might have been.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity