Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2021, 06:12 PM

11,897 posts, read 3,705,401 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
That's because your timeframe isn't the same as God's, and because you neglected to factor in all of the extenuating circumstances that only God knows.
Yep, and that has always been the case, and always will be to a certain extent

That is why I do not jump on board with the condensing that happens with the traditional interpretation that gets labelled UR (Universal reconciliation) - and it’s the same problem I have with ET (eternal torment)

they do not keep a very necessary separation between the unlimited and the limited, the divine and the profane.

Old 09-25-2021, 06:18 PM

28,099 posts, read 29,976,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post

That is why I do not jump on board with the condensing that happens with the traditional interpretation that gets labelled UR (Universal reconciliation) - and it’s the same problem I have with ET (eternal torment)

they do not keep a very necessary separation between the unlimited and the limited, the divine and the profane.
I cannot believe how closely our beliefs correspond at times! That's not to suggest that they are identical by any means, but we do seem to be on pretty much the same wave length most of the time.

Old 09-25-2021, 07:00 PM

11,897 posts, read 3,705,401 times
Quote:
I cannot believe how closely our beliefs correspond at times! That's not to suggest that they are identical by any means, but we do seem to be on pretty much the same wave length most of the time.
I think that is because we have dedicated the same amount of energy in trying to get a much broader understanding, and it is probably from reading similar things .... a big thing for me is not trying to force or hold on to any limited, denominational stand point for the sake of it, I like to see how it connects to other beliefs

We both are natural readers, and thinkers to start with as well

So I’m not against any denomination, organisation as such, but recognise that they all have their own administration, part, limitations

Live as You Are Called
1Co 7:17**But as God hath distributed to every man, as the Lord hath called every one, so let him walk. And so ordain I in all churches.
1Co 7:18**Is any man called being circumcised? let him not become uncircumcised. Is any called in uncircumcision? let him not be circumcised.
1Co 7:19**Circumcision is nothing, and uncircumcision is nothing, but the keeping of the commandments of God.
1Co 7:20**Let every man abide in the same calling wherein he was called.
1Co 7:21**Art thou called being a servant? care not for it: but if thou mayest be made free, use it rather.
1Co 7:22**For he that is called in the Lord, being a servant, is the Lord's freeman: likewise also he that is called, being free, is Christ's servant.
1Co 7:23**Ye are bought with a price; be not ye the servants of men.
1Co 7:24**Brethren, let every man, wherein he is called, therein abide with God.

Old 09-25-2021, 08:50 PM

234 posts, read 99,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorOldSpike View Post
If you mean Universalism, the dictionary definition is-
"a theological doctrine that all human beings will eventually be saved"

But many humans reject Jesus, and as he said that only he is the way to God, I can't see them being saved at all.
Jesus said- "Whoever rejects me rejects God" (Luke 10:16)
Quote:
That's because your timeframe isn't the same as God's, and because you neglected to factor in all of the extenuating circumstances that only God knows.

Are you saying that every human being is going to be saved, even if they reject Jesus and even if they're evil thieves and murderers and terrorists etc?

Old 09-25-2021, 09:26 PM

63,819 posts, read 40,109,822 times
Quote:
Are you saying that every human being is going to be saved, even if they reject Jesus and even if they're evil thieves and murderers and terrorists etc?
Everyone is saved but the question is saved for what. There are negative consequences for failure to develop properly and they will not be pleasant. However, they will not be eternal. We will reap exactly what we sow and have not repented.

Old 09-25-2021, 09:47 PM

234 posts, read 99,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
..There are negative consequences for failure to develop properly and they will not be pleasant. However, they will not be eternal...
Jesus said punishment IS eternal-

"Then they will go away to eternal punishment,but the righteous to eternal life" (Matt 25:46)

so who shall we believe, him or you?..

Old 09-25-2021, 11:06 PM

28,099 posts, read 29,976,114 times
Quote:
I'm saying that this is what God wants and that He will do everything possible -- with the exception of exerting force and taking away our freedom of choice -- to make that happen. I believe He genuinely loves all of us enough that He doesn't want to lose any of us. I'm not saying that I believe that we are all guaranteed eternal life in His presence, but I don't think He's going to be writing any of us off until He's given us every opportunity to change for the better. Given enough time, I believe most will make the right decision.

Old 09-26-2021, 01:05 AM

7,530 posts, read 3,030,030 times
Quote:
I'm saying that this is what God wants and that He will do everything possible -- with the exception of exerting force and taking away our freedom of choice -- to make that happen. I believe He genuinely loves all of us enough that He doesn't want to lose any of us. I'm not saying that I believe that we are all guaranteed eternal life in His presence, but I don't think He's going to be writing any of us off until He's given us every opportunity to change for the better. Given enough time, I believe most will make the right decision.
Katz: none of us began this journey by our decision. The end of our journey, as it was in the beginning, is wholly within the mighty purpose of our glorious Father.

"I will draw all mankind unto Me" =

Kampto =

Draw by His power.

Drag off by His power.

Impel by His power.

Everything & everyone.

metaschēmatizō =

The power of our Lord enables Him to bring everything under His control by way of this wonderful verb.

"But there's far more to life for us. We're citizens of high heaven! We're waiting the arrival of the Savior, the Master, Jesus Christ, who will transform our earthy bodies into glorious bodies like his own. He'll make us beautiful and whole with the same powerful skill by which he is putting everything as it should be, under and around him." ~MSG

Everything & everyone brought into conformity within Him!

Old 09-26-2021, 04:39 AM

614 posts, read 173,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2

they do not keep a very necessary separation between the unlimited and the limited, the divine and the profane

Quote:
That sounds a lot like the developing human brain, how it is actually the paring down of connections that forms the real us. Many want to throw off that instruction. We need things. God says it takes wisdom. It's tough when they have led entire lives without. The waiting is hard. And it is not all waiting for wisdom. So much of the waiting is due to the doctrines of men. They come at you like that one family member with that one glass when you are doing the dishes by hand. You've already done those light things. You are onto the pans now. Why bring me that glass when the water is so greasy now? You can't stop them. It slips into the water. They give you a sheepish smile. You protest, but you let them. They are family, even if they don't always treat you like you are. You realize you meet that attitude they have toward you with love toward them. It's the only way they will come around. Plus, that's just who you are, now that the Spirit has gotten you doing the dishes, so to speak.

Last edited by Am I a Prophet; 09-26-2021 at 04:47 AM.. Reason: the writing process

Old 09-26-2021, 06:31 AM

11,123 posts, read 6,390,876 times
Quote:
If you mean Universalism, the dictionary definition is-
"a theological doctrine that all human beings will eventually be saved"

But many humans reject Jesus, and as he said that only he is the way to God, I can't see them being saved at all.
Jesus said- "Whoever rejects me rejects God" (Luke 10:16)
all humanity will be saved, according to Jesus it is finished.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity