Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2021, 05:21 AM

614 posts, read 173,093 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightfame52 View Post
So Jesus uses the word few twice, few are chosen Matt 22:14 and few will find life Matt 7:14. These truths eposes the unfaithful teaching of universal salvation.
No, they don't. I don't know about anybody else, but I think that God will save those who don't come around to believing in this lifetime through fire. That is not about being treated specially. It may not be hell, but it doesn't sound like anything anyone who listens wants to go through. I think it is about being picked apart and shown only too clearly, and separated from all of that very comfortable error.

The few, who are they? Are they called to be arrogant? I don't think that is it. I think they are simply first fruits, like Jesus. All engines have to start somehow. This one, the kingdom, starts with the work of the few.

Old 10-02-2021, 07:11 AM

7,530 posts, read 3,030,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Am I a Prophet View Post
No, they don't. I don't know about anybody else, but I think that God will save those who don't come around to believing in this lifetime through fire. That is not about being treated specially. It may not be hell, but it doesn't sound like anything anyone who listens wants to go through. I think it is about being picked apart and shown only too clearly, and separated from all of that very comfortable error.

The few, who are they? Are they called to be arrogant? I don't think that is it. I think they are simply first fruits, like Jesus. All engines have to start somehow. This one, the kingdom, starts with the work of the few.

The Prince-Leader of salvation, the Lord Jesus Christ, is in the separation work of the Spirit. The operation is one of being made new from the inside out by being changed in degrees of glory into His image.

"It is doubtful whether God can bless a man greatly until he has hurt him deeply." A.W. Tozer

Old 10-02-2021, 09:15 AM

63,818 posts, read 40,109,822 times
Quote:

Well said, Prophet!!!

Old 10-02-2021, 11:48 AM

You can search eternal perpetual, or perpetual perishing, or perpetual destroying until you grow weary: the fact remains it is gobbeldegook of twisted dogmatics.

In Matthew 25:46 what did Matthew think Jesus was teaching us? Furthermore, what are the five foundational reasons for "everlasting punishment"?

Matthew must, or should have known, under the guidance of the Holy Spirit that kolasin aionion at some point in the future could, or would, just as easily read "age-lasting corrective punishment" as "everlasting penal punishment" and thus cause a horrible mess of total confusion. He could have avoided all this and used ekdikesis aidios which leaves no doubt as to the severity and duration of the punishment.

Ekdikesis according to the koine = "a revenging, vengeance, punishment" and in no way implies corrective punishment as kolasin does. Aidios leaves no doubt as to meaning "everlasting" It is used twice in the NT, to refer to the eternalness of God, the Author and Finisher of the all.

The question for the moment = if Matthew intended to convey that the goats were going into unending penal punishment why didn't he just write ekdikesis aidios?

Old 10-02-2021, 05:39 PM

The Offer

Imagine this scenario. An automobile manufacturer builds a vehicle model which it hopes will become a great success. During testing, however, it becomes apparent that the car suffers from a severe design flaw and would pose an imminent danger to the public were it released for sale. Instead of correcting the flaw, the manufacturer decides it has a better idea; it mentions the flaw on page 122 of the owner's manual and explains there how the owner can have the defect corrected at the nearest dealership free of charge.

Does it appear rather lopsided that the vehicle is sold to unsuspecting customers with little if any mention of the design defect? Does it appear rather absurd that the responsibility for discovering the dangerous defect and having it corrected falls upon the buyer, when the builder could have fixed the problem before taking the car to market?

Imagine this scenario.

Because of the sin of our forefather, Adam, we all inherit sin and mortality. None of us are tested as he was, in order to see if we will be a righteous person or a sinner; we are all given mortality. Our choices have nothing to do with our present condition as sinners; we are born that way.

As for salvation from sin and death, that will depend on finding the proper message and acting on it in an effective manner; otherwise the condition we inherit at birth will be our everlasting downfall.

Does it appear rather lopsided that the condemnation is universal and our choice has nothing to do with it, but our salvation from that condemnation requires our active participation? Does it appear rather absurd that the responsibility for obtaining salvation depends, in the final analysis, upon each individual, while we are in no way responsible for our needing that salvation in the first place?

Doesn't it seem strange that perdition is an inherited condition, while salvation is only an offer made to those fortunate enough to stumble upon it?

Fact is, salvation is not an offer we happen upon; it's a gift.

And a Savior is One Who saves. In 1 Timothy 4:9-11, we read, Faithful is the saying and worthy of all welcome (for for this are we toiling and being reproached), that we rely on the living God, Who is the Saviour of all mankind, especially of believers. These things be charging and teaching. God is the Savior of all mankind, for salvation is the destiny of all. 1 Cor. 15:20-28; 1 Tim. 4:10; Jn. 12:32; Col. 1:20; Eph. 1:10; Rom. 5:18, 19; Phil. 2:9-11.

God is the Savior of believers especially because He prefers some from the beginning for salvation now and during the eons of the eons (2 Thes. 2:13; Rev. 20:4, 5). Others are vessels of indignation, as indicated in Romans 9, and will not be saved until the consummation mentioned in 1 Cor. 15:24.

Salvation is not an offer; God enlightens all, at the time He chooses. John 1:9-13. - Kenneth Larsen

Old 10-02-2021, 06:03 PM

63,818 posts, read 40,109,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose2Luv View Post
The Offer

Imagine this scenario. An automobile manufacturer builds a vehicle model which it hopes will become a great success. During testing, however, it becomes apparent that the car suffers from a severe design flaw and would pose an imminent danger to the public were it released for sale. Instead of correcting the flaw, the manufacturer decides it has a better idea; it mentions the flaw on page 122 of the owner's manual and explains there how the owner can have the defect corrected at the nearest dealership free of charge.

Does it appear rather lopsided that the vehicle is sold to unsuspecting customers with little if any mention of the design defect? Does it appear rather absurd that the responsibility for discovering the dangerous defect and having it corrected falls upon the buyer, when the builder could have fixed the problem before taking the car to market?

Imagine this scenario.

Because of the sin of our forefather, Adam, we all inherit sin and mortality. None of us are tested as he was, in order to see if we will be a righteous person or a sinner; we are all given mortality. Our choices have nothing to do with our present condition as sinners; we are born that way.

As for salvation from sin and death, that will depend on finding the proper message and acting on it in an effective manner; otherwise the condition we inherit at birth will be our everlasting downfall.

Does it appear rather lopsided that the condemnation is universal and our choice has nothing to do with it, but our salvation from that condemnation requires our active participation? Does it appear rather absurd that the responsibility for obtaining salvation depends, in the final analysis, upon each individual, while we are in no way responsible for our needing that salvation in the first place?

Doesn't it seem strange that perdition is an inherited condition, while salvation is only an offer made to those fortunate enough to stumble upon it?

Fact is, salvation is not an offer we happen upon; it's a gift.

And a Savior is One Who saves. In 1 Timothy 4:9-11, we read, Faithful is the saying and worthy of all welcome (for for this are we toiling and being reproached), that we rely on the living God, Who is the Saviour of all mankind, especially of believers. These things be charging and teaching. God is the Savior of all mankind, for salvation is the destiny of all. 1 Cor. 15:20-28; 1 Tim. 4:10; Jn. 12:32; Col. 1:20; Eph. 1:10; Rom. 5:18, 19; Phil. 2:9-11.

God is the Savior of believers especially because He prefers some from the beginning for salvation now and during the eons of the eons (2 Thes. 2:13; Rev. 20:4, 5). Others are vessels of indignation, as indicated in Romans 9, and will not be saved until the consummation mentioned in 1 Cor. 15:24.

Salvation is not an offer; God enlightens all, at the time He chooses. John 1:9-13. - Kenneth Larsen
God's infinite love is truly awesome, my dear brother Rosey!!!

Old 10-03-2021, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
God's infinite love is truly awesome, my dear brother Rosey!!!
The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases, it is new every morning, great is His faithfulness.

"It is not opinion man needs; it is God. It is not religion; it is Christ. It is not literature and science, but the knowledge of the free love of God in the gift of His only begotten Son." ~Horatius Boner

Old 10-03-2021, 06:38 AM

4,637 posts, read 1,181,268 times
We know that universalism is a unfaithful teaching since all will not enter into eternal life, Jesus makes that clear Matt 7:14

14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

Jn 3:36

36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

Pauls testimony 1 Cor 6:9

9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,

So those who teach and believe all will be saved are deceived.

Old 10-03-2021, 07:08 AM

Quote:

Yes they do.

Old 10-03-2021, 07:31 AM

Universalism is error because its only promised a seed shall be saved and serve Him Ps 22:30-31

Ps 22: 30-31

30 A seed shall serve him; it shall be accounted to the Lord for a generation.

31 They shall come, and shall declare his righteousness unto a people that shall be born, that he hath done this

The seed of the women opposed to the seed of the serpent Gen 3:14-15

14 And the Lord God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:

15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

A seed denotes particular limited atonement !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity