Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2022, 04:59 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,289,070 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAL-5 View Post
Nope, none whatsoever. According to brightf, God hates them. They should be lucky God doesn't smite them this very instant. Imagine someone professing to know God and then stating...God actually hates the majority of mankind...and say it seriously?
Yes, it is hard to fathom that this is being communicated by someone professing that Jesus Christ is Lord.

Old 04-12-2022, 05:01 AM

679 posts, read 204,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
We who believe in eternal torments can sing to the Lord just fine.

We are even more thankful to Him than the Universalist; since we know what we have been redeemed from.

Whereas, since the Universalist denies an eternal hell, he is not saved from anything substantial since no one in his view will experience an eternal hell.

I cannot imagine the Universalist saying to God, "thank you for saving me" because he has not been saved from anything...there is no eternal hell in his theology to be saved from.
Sing justbyfaith, give thanks to God for saving you. I know when I believed in the nonsense and devilish teaching of eternal torment I actually had a hard time giving thanks...it was always in the back of my mind....see that guy over there with the turban on his head....billions of years into the furnace. How nice for him. My mother, NOT born again almost died in 2001. I was beside myself...what if she dies? All these people around me, and I thought about it a lot...almost all going to a furnace? This is the God I am suppose to love and worship??? Thank God He rescued me, maybe because I prayed about it and it did burden me a LOT.

What gets me, the callousness of people. As long as they think their hides are saved, too bad for the others.

Old 04-12-2022, 05:13 AM

Quote:
Sing justbyfaith, give thanks to God for saving you. I know when I believed in the nonsense and devilish teaching of eternal torment I actually had a hard time giving thanks...it was always in the back of my mind....see that guy over there with the turban on his head....billions of years into the furnace. How nice for him. My mother, NOT born again almost died in 2001. I was beside myself...what if she dies? All these people around me, and I thought about it a lot...almost all going to a furnace? This is the God I am suppose to love and worship??? Thank God He rescued me, maybe because I prayed about it and it did burden me a LOT.

What gets me, the callousness of people. As long as they think their hides are saved, too bad for the others.
Then you end up in heaven and accept all unbelieving friends and family who have really done nothing worthy of any real form of punishment other than a slight ticking off are now going to be tormented eternally, and somehow Jesus wipes away all memory of those loved ones from you. This kind of believing is a perversion of His way and and thoughts are higher than ours. I'm going to throw Aunt Mabel into the furnace, don't worry, you will eventually understand why and cry worthy is the Lamb

Old 04-12-2022, 05:14 AM

7,530 posts, read 3,025,758 times
Quote:

Hal: There are marks upon an individual who have had an encounter with the living God. His touch produces a "why me" the chief of sinners.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3IUqz10ARE

Old 04-12-2022, 05:38 AM

8,039 posts, read 1,841,188 times
Quote:

Actually the Lord spoke to me this morning and told me that I am no longer to sing during worship but am to pray in my prayer language under my breath, between me and the Lord.

He said that I will be hated for it; because when anyone is praying in tongues, the unbelieving feel the conviction of the Holy Ghost.

Isa 28:9, Whom shall he teach knowledge? and whom shall he make to understand doctrine? them that are weaned from the milk, and drawn from the breasts.
Isa 28:10, For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little:
Isa 28:11, For with stammering lips and another tongue will he speak to this people.
Isa 28:12, To whom he said, This is the rest wherewith ye may cause the weary to rest; and this is the refreshing: yet they would not hear.
Isa 28:13, But the word of the LORD was unto them precept upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little; that they might go, and fall backward, and be broken, and snared, and taken.

Old 04-12-2022, 07:40 AM

Quote:

Now the solution to this quandary in your mind ought not to be wishful thinking that what is written in holy scripture might not be true. You can think that all you want; but your thinking it will not change the fact that the holy scriptures are in fact true.

Instead of burying your head in the sand you should be putting all your energy into winning souls for Christ.

Pro 11:30, The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life; and he that winneth souls is wise.

Old 04-12-2022, 10:20 AM

7,530 posts, read 3,025,758 times
What does it mean to be in Christ?

You were given grace before the world was created. -2 Tim. 1:9

You were chosen before the world was created. -Eph. 1:4

You were loved by God with a love that is inseparable. -Rom. 8:38,39

You were forgiven for all your sins. -Eph. 1:7

You were justified before God & the righteousness of God is imputed to you. -2 Cor. 5:4

You have become a new creation. -2 Cor. 5:17

"In/en the Name of Jesus every knee shall bow & tongue confess, You are Lord to the glory of God the Father. -Phil. 2:10

In = en

How deep is the confession?

The heavens.

The earth.

The underworld

Not perfunctory genuflections ! !

ἵνα ἐν τῷ ὀνόματι Ἰησοῦ πᾶν γόνυ κάμψῃ ἐπουρανίων καὶ ἐπιγείων καὶ καταχθονίων

Old 04-12-2022, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose2Luv View Post
"In/en the Name of Jesus every knee shall bow & tongue should confess, Jesus Christ is <fify> Lord to the glory of God the Father. -Phil. 2:10

Old 04-12-2022, 01:21 PM

553 posts, read 172,461 times
King James Version:

Isaiah 45:22 Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else.

23 I have sworn by myself, the word is gone out of my mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, That unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear.

Now you'll say Jesus isn't God.

Old 04-12-2022, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellsmaine View Post
King James Version:

Isaiah 45:22 Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else.

23 I have sworn by myself, the word is gone out of my mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, That unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear.

Now you'll say Jesus isn't God.

He's painted himself into another corner. He's good at that
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity