Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2020, 01:43 PM

11,897 posts, read 3,694,213 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjGuru View Post
I think you're right. He's doing an excellent job too. I've had to dig through my bible for the last few days making sure I knew what he was talking about...lol That Benjamin thread did it. Not sure I can recover.
Lol

I find that one thing always leads to another - like the colour purple Has interested me a long time, where it comes from and ends up

Old 11-05-2020, 02:13 PM

3,061 posts, read 914,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjGuru View Post
You sound a lot like David when he stood before Nathan, saying "the man that does these things shall surely be put to death", and then Nathan responds: "You are the man".

Don't you see? It's the spirit of man, your spirit (the candle of the Lord) that is righteous and is loved by God. You, The Anointed are loved by God. And, it's your flesh (the natural man) that hates God and will be judged and condemned by God.

And you, The Anointed, are both, spirit and flesh. And, like Nathan said to David "You, are the man!".

Is this really that hard to get?
The flesh is merely the womb in which 'I' the mind= invisible spirit, a potential child of God, is being formed.

Flesh and blood cannot inherit the Kingdom of God, in fact, as far as the heavenly existence is concerned, the flesh is of no use at all, it is the WORDS of the Lord God our savior as spoken through his servant Jesus, which are spirit and Life.

The only way that I can see you the mind, is to listen to the words that you speak, which words are a reflection of the invisible mind that is 'YOU.' That is, as long as you do not hide, who you really are, behind a wall of lies. But my God does not lie.

And unlike many of this forum who reject the words of the Lord, in favor of the flowery words of love, spoken by the wannabe biblical experts, who are doing the works of Satan, by attempting to convince everyone that God lied when he said that the penalty for the unrepentant sinner, is everlasting death, total oblivion, and wiped from the memory of God.

Have they convinced you yet, that you can do whatever you want and still inherit everlasting Life?

Old 11-05-2020, 02:25 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,354,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
I could be wrong but I think the anointed is another who plays “devil advocate” and is actively trying to provoke reactions to get people to think and expand their understanding

Everyone has their own perspectives and perceptions and it takes intellectual work to broaden our horizons
He is not a very good devil's advocate? But he is obstinate, and arrogant in his attempts to provoke others. Personally, I find him more annoying, rather than anointed? But he is entitled to believe whatever he has chosen to believe, even if it is nonsense - like slaughtering innocent women, children, and infants, along with their precious animals - three hundred years later? That comes from the minds of men with their belated vengeance, not that of a God.

Old 11-05-2020, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
He is not a very good devil's advocate? But he is obstinate, and arrogant in his attempts to provoke others. Personally, I find him more annoying, rather than anointed? But he is entitled to believe whatever he has chosen to believe, even if it is nonsense - like slaughtering innocent women, children, and infants, along with their precious animals - three hundred years later? That comes from the minds of men with their belated vengeance, not that of a God.
Yep, I agree

I believe he does get some people to dig deeper though to defend their views against his views

Old 11-05-2020, 02:56 PM

7,530 posts, read 3,023,833 times
Quote:
"Obstinate, annoying nonsense" sums up wee non anointed dude in three brief words. I will add one more to the three.....

"Pride is a barrier to all spiritual progress." ~ Harry Ironside

Old 11-05-2020, 03:03 PM

“I believe that justice and mercy are simply one and the same thing. Such is the mercy of God that He will hold His children in the consuming fire of His distance until they pay the uttermost farthing, until they drop the purse of selfishness with all the dross that is in it, and rush home to the Father and the Son, and the many brethren, rush inside the center of the life-giving fire whose outer circles burn. I believe that no hell will be lacking which would help the just mercy of God to redeem His children.” - George MacDonald-

Old 11-05-2020, 03:05 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,354,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
Yep, I agree

I believe he does get some people to dig deeper though to defend their views against his views
Bullies will always try to belittle you and steal your lunch money - if you allow it.
They will always try to make you feel, as if, you are the one being unreasonable.

Old 11-05-2020, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Bullies will always try to belittle you and steal your lunch money - if you allow it.
They will always try to make you feel, as if, you are the one being unreasonable.
So True!

Old 11-05-2020, 07:41 PM

“In His free grace, God is for man in every respect; He surrounds man from all sides. He is man's Lord who is before him, above him, after him, and thence also with him in history, the focus of man's existence. Despite man's insignificance, God is with him as his Creator who intended and made mankind to be very good. Despite man's sin, God is with him, the One who was in Jesus Christ reconciling the world, drawing man unto Himself in merciful judgment. Man's evil past is not merely crossed out because of its irrelevancy. Rather, it is in the good care of God. Despite man's life in the flesh, corrupt and ephemeral, God is with him. The victor in Christ is here and now present through His Spirit, man's strength, companion, and comfort. Despite man's death God is with him, meeting him as redeemer and perfecter at the threshold of the future to show him the totality of existence in the true light in which the eyes of God beheld it from the beginning and will behold it evermore. In what He is for man and does for man, God ushers in the history leading to the ultimate salvation of man.” - Karl Barth-

Old 11-05-2020, 08:43 PM

3,061 posts, read 914,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose2Luv View Post
“In His free grace, God is for man in every respect; He surrounds man from all sides. He is man's Lord who is before him, above him, after him, and thence also with him in history, the focus of man's existence. Despite man's insignificance, God is with him as his Creator who intended and made mankind to be very good. Despite man's sin, God is with him, the One who was in Jesus Christ reconciling the world, drawing man unto Himself in merciful judgment. Man's evil past is not merely crossed out because of its irrelevancy. Rather, it is in the good care of God. Despite man's life in the flesh, corrupt and ephemeral, God is with him. The victor in Christ is here and now present through His Spirit, man's strength, companion, and comfort. Despite man's death God is with him, meeting him as redeemer and perfecter at the threshold of the future to show him the totality of existence in the true light in which the eyes of God beheld it from the beginning and will behold it evermore. In what He is for man and does for man, God ushers in the history leading to the ultimate salvation of man.” - Karl Barth-
God is He, who said through his holy prophet 'Moses' in Exodus 20:4-6; “Do not make for yourselves images of anything in heaven or on earth or in the water under the earth. Do not bow down to any idol or worship it, because I am the LORD your God and I tolerate no rivals. I bring punishment on those who hate me and on their descendants down to the third and fourth generation. But I show my love to thousands of generations of those who love me and obey my laws.

To those who believe the holy scriptures, they will know what is said in Exodus 34: 6-7; When the LORD passed in front of Moses and called out; “I, the LORD, am a God who is full of compassion and pity, who is not easily angered and who shows great love and faithfulness. I keep my promise for thousands of generations and forgive evil and sin; but I will not fail to punish children and grandchildren to the third and fourth generation for the sins of their parents.”

The God who said in Ezekiel 18: 21-23; “If an evil person stops sinning and keeps my laws, if he does what is right and good, he will not die; he will certainly live. All his sins will be forgiven, and he will live, (The everlasting life as promised) because he did what is right. Do you think I enjoy seeing an evil person die?” asks the Sovereign LORD. “No, I would rather 'SEE HIM "REPENT" AND LIVE.'

Verse 24; “But if a righteous person stops doing good and starts doing all the evil, disgusting things that evil people do, will he go on living? No! None of the good he did will be remembered. He will die (The everlasting death as promised for the 'UNREPENTANT' sinner) because of his unfaithfulness and his sins.

Hebrews 6: 4-6; For how can those who abandon their faith be brought back to repent again? They were once in God's light; they tasted heaven's gift and received their share of the Holy Spirit; they knew from experience that God's word is good, and they had felt the powers of the coming age. And then they abandoned their faith! It is impossible to bring them back to repent again, because they are again crucifying the Son of God and exposing him to public shame.

Our Lord God and savior, who, as revealed in Matthew 25: 31, Will separate the righteous on his right, from the 'UNREPENTANT' wicked, on his left. Then he will say to the righteous on his right; Then the King will say to the people on his right, "Come, you that are blessed by my Father! Come and possess the kingdom which has been prepared for you ever since the creation of the world?"

Then to those on his left he will say; "Away from me, you that are under God's curse! Away to the eternal fire which has been prepared for the Devil and his angels!"

This is the same King who sits on the throne before who stand all the spirits of the dead, who were being judged for the life they had lived while in the flesh, who said to John in Revelation 21: 5-8; “And now I make all things new!” He also said to John, “Write this, because 'THESE WORDS ARE TRUE AND CAN BE TRUSTED.” And he said, “It is done! I am the first and the last, the beginning and the end. To anyone who is thirsty I will give the right to drink from the spring of the water of life without paying for it. Those who win the victory will receive this from me: I will be their God, and they will be my children. But cowards, traitors, perverts, murderers, the immoral, those who practise magic, those who worship idols, and all liars — the place for them is the lake burning with fire and sulphur, which is the second death.”

How terrible it will be for those who reject the words of our Lord, "WHICH ARE TRUE AND CAN BE TRUSTED,' and do as Satan did with Eve, and call God a liar. Those disciples of the darkness, who say that god lied when He said, "The reward of the righteous is life everlasting in the kingdom of God, wherein flesh and blood cannot enter, but the punishment for the unrepentant wicked, is everlasting death, from which there is no return."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity