Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2021, 07:27 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,841,188 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
That's not working out very well for you. And ignorant people like yourself is just one of the reasons for leaving the Church.
I think that you need to look in the mirror yourself; because you are pointing your finger into a mirror.

If you left the church because of people who were faithful, then that is on you, not on the people who were faithful.

Old 06-27-2021, 07:31 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,354,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
I think that you need to look in the mirror yourself; because you are pointing your finger into a mirror.

If you left the church because of people who were faithful, then that is on you, not on the people who were faithful.
Your pretense of being faithful doesn't concern me, nor are you by any means a teacher, rather a dictator.

Old 06-27-2021, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Your pretense of being faithful doesn't concern me, nor are you by any means a teacher, rather a dictator.
I take that as a compliment.

I consider that the Lord teaches us that we do not need any man to teach us but that He has given us the anointing which teaches us of all things.

Therefore all that is needed is that we have the word dictated to us.

If we believe it to be true, we will gain insight into what it means and the Holy Spirit will teach us as we continue to study the word.

Old 06-27-2021, 07:37 PM

Quote:
I take that as a compliment.

I consider that the Lord teaches us that we do not need any man to teach us but that He has given us the anointing which teaches us of all things.

Therefore all that is needed is that we have the word dictated to us.

If we believe it to be true, we will gain insight into what it means and the Holy Spirit will teach us as we continue to study the word.
Then, I would suggest that you continue to study!

Old 06-27-2021, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Then, I would suggest that you continue to study!
Likewise.

Old 06-27-2021, 07:43 PM

Of course, He has only given the anointing and the unction to those who believe in Jesus Christ and accept the Holy Bible as the word of God.

Old 06-27-2021, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Of course, He has only given the anointing and the unction to those who believe in Jesus Christ and accept the Holy Bible as the word of God.
Exaltation of oneself, doesn't mean much to me.

Old 06-27-2021, 08:12 PM

63,797 posts, read 40,068,856 times
Quote:
If you don't believe in the Bible, then I am concerned for you as to your fate.
Quote:
The bold is your grievous error! The truth is He has given the anointing and the unction of the Holy Spirit to everyone who believes Jesus and accepts JESUS CHRIST as the Word of God NOT the Bible!!! It amazes me how capable we humans are of getting things completely twisted and convoluted.

Old 06-28-2021, 01:16 AM

7,530 posts, read 3,023,833 times
No Scripture Continued

All men are required to repent.

“But now He commands all men everywhere to repent.” Acts 17:30.

There is no limitation with respect to number or place, but all men everywhere are commanded to repent, reform.

Why is it in hell sinners are not permitted to repent?

If hell is anywhere,(yes, if) and if there are sinful men there, they are clearly commanded to repent?

If they are commanded to repent of course they are permitted to; and if they are permitted to, who on earth is authorized to say they will not?

It is said with great assurance, that there is no repentance in hell; and it seems to be taken for granted that this unqualified maxim is sufficiently authoritative to silence all further inquiry. This is a favorite hypothesis far from having any foundation to rest upon. It presumptuously assumes that God will punish his creatures for being wicked, and at the same time be unwilling that they should repent of their wickedness!

It is either true that those sinners ought to repent, or they ought not. If they ought to repent, then to say our Maker forbids, or hinders it, is to say he is unwilling His creatures should discharge their duty.

If they ought not to repent, it follows that, somehow or other, their obligation to do it is cancelled, and it is consequently right for them to continue in a state of impenitency forever.

Everlasting life is given to all men.

The apostle John says, “He that believes not God, has made him a liar, because he believes not the record that God gave of his Son. And this is the record, that God has given us everlasting life; and this life is in his Son.” I John 5:10, 11.

God has given us everlasting life in Christ, all who believe this truth have the witness in themselves of the fact. Those who do not credit this truth – do not believe that God has given them everlasting life in Christ – make God a liar.

The conclusion then is all are to receive everlasting life through Jesus our Lord, as a gift from God. Rom. 6:22.

Hence Jesus Christ is declared the “Savior of the world,” John 4:42; I John 4:14, and it is written “that in Him does all fullness dwell,” Col. 1:19, and “that God is in Christ reconciling the world unto himself.” II Cor. 5:19.

Every knee, every mouth, every dimension declaring You are Lord

Old 06-28-2021, 01:31 AM

7,530 posts, read 3,023,833 times
Rev 5:13

Every created thing (παν κτισμα).

Every creature in a still wider antiphonal circle beyond the circle of angels (from κτιζω, for which see 1 Tim 4:4; James 1:18 ), from all the four great fields of life (in heaven, upon the earth, under the earth as in verse 3, which is from all created life

No created thing is left out.

This universal chorus of praise to Christ- concerning the sympathetic agony of creation (κτισις) in hope of freedom from the bondage of corruption.

If the trail of the serpent is on all creation, it will be ultimately thrown off.

Pliny says "sing a song to Christ as to God. He is here worshipped by the universe" -N.T. Robertson

Last edited by Rose2Luv; 06-28-2021 at 01:44 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity