Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2021, 01:10 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,344,506 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Once again, there are only two places in the New Testament which use the word for eternal (aidios).

And, neither are talking about eternity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
Please reference them for me.
I once said, if you were seriously interested in learning it would be a different story, but you are only here to preach your dogma. Besides, I have already mentioned this to you before, so begin with Jude 1:6, and search for that which speaks to his divine nature - you should be able to find it! And you might even learn something while doing so.

Old 06-27-2021, 01:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
Most ages in history have generally lasted for more than 1,000 years.

It does bring up a question, however.

We are currently in the age of grace; which will be cut short by the Great Tribulation.

Does age-abiding life only last until the age of grace is over?

I think that that is a scary prospect.

Because, according to John 5:24, "age-abiding" life begins from the moment of first faith.

So, whatever age you are in when you receive age-abiding life, when it is over, your life is over.
This is just ignorance.

Old 06-27-2021, 02:45 AM

7,530 posts, read 3,019,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
An age can be as little as a day, a lifespan or that of a thousand years.

Luke Kessler has a bachelor's degree in Biblical Studies. As a missionary in Asia, through unique circumstances, God began to reveal His glorious plan to save all mankind.

Greek words that actually mean endless

https://makepeacewithjesus.org/9-gre...o-mean-endless

The New Testament has only one word which can truthfully be translated as eternal. This is the Greek word Aidios which is used only twice: For since the creation of the world GODS invisible qualities; his ETERNAL (aidios) power and divine nature have been clearly seen. Read Jude 6 and 7 - where you will see a difference between them, whereas, they do not use the same Greek Word. The fire speaks to that of an age, not something that is without a beginning or an end. And the eternal chains that hold them have to do with his eternal power, not all eternity."

Aionios

The simple definition of aionios is found expressed by the apostle John. (John 17:3)

"This is life aionios, that we may know you the only true God and Jesus Christ whom You did send."

Aionios zoe expresses not duration but quality of experience.

Both aionios zoe & aionios kolasis point to life of quality, and punishment of quality.

"Father, it's time. Display the bright splendor of your Son so the Son in turn may show your bright splendor. You put him in charge of everything human so he might give real and eternal life to all in his care. And this is the real and eternal life: that they know you, the one and only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you sent. I glorified you on earth by completing down to the last detail what you assigned me to do."

Last edited by Rose2Luv; 06-27-2021 at 03:09 AM..

Old 06-27-2021, 03:01 AM

No Scripture Continued

“Let not mercy and truth forsake you.” Prov. 3:3.

God tells us never to let mercy forsake us, the unavoidable inference is that that Divine quality will never forsake him.

According to the folly of men, it will forsake the Eternal, or rather, He never had much of it.

Rev. John Wesley, in addressing the reprobates on the supposition of eternal predestination, says: “There is no help for you in God. Your God! No; he is not yours; he never was; he never will be. He that made you – he that called you into existence – has no pity upon you! He made you for this very end – to damn you – to cast you headlong into a lake of fire burning with brimstone! This was prepared for you, or ever the world began! And for this you are now reserved in chains of darkness, till the decree brings you forth – till, according to his unchangeable, irresistible will,

“ ‘You groan, you howel, you writhe in waves of fire,
And pour forth blasphemies at his desire!’

O God, how long shall his doctrine stand?”

Again, in Wesley’s letter to the Rev. Hervey, he says: “But what becomes of all other people? They must inevitably perish forever. The die was cast or ever they were in being. The doctrine to pass them by, has –

“ ‘Consigned heir unborn souls to hell,
and damned them from their mothers’ womb!’

I could sooner be a Turk, a Deist, yea, an Atheist, than I could believe this. It is less absurd to deny the very being of a God, than to make him an Almighty Tyrant!

Will anyone contend that God can have any mercy for victims of such wrath and vengeance?

He can harbor nothing but infinite spite and hatred! Remember, mercy will never forsake the throne of God; and, therefore, he who sits thereon will ever be merciful to all the creatures of his power.

Old 06-27-2021, 05:13 AM

4,483 posts, read 1,317,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose2Luv View Post

Luke Kessler has a bachelor's degree in Biblical Studies. As a missionary in Asia, through unique circumstances, God began to reveal His glorious plan to save all mankind.

Greek words that actually mean endless

https://makepeacewithjesus.org/9-gre...o-mean-endless

The New Testament has only one word which can truthfully be translated as eternal. This is the Greek word Aidios which is used only twice: For since the creation of the world GODS invisible qualities; his ETERNAL (aidios) power and divine nature have been clearly seen. Read Jude 6 and 7 - where you will see a difference between them, whereas, they do not use the same Greek Word. The fire speaks to that of an age, not something that is without a beginning or an end. And the eternal chains that hold them have to do with his eternal power, not all eternity."

Aionios

The simple definition of aionios is found expressed by the apostle John. (John 17:3)

"This is life aionios, that we may know you the only true God and Jesus Christ whom You did send."

Aionios zoe expresses not duration but quality of experience.

Both aionios zoe & aionios kolasis point to life of quality, and punishment of quality.

"Father, it's time. Display the bright splendor of your Son so the Son in turn may show your bright splendor. You put him in charge of everything human so he might give real and eternal life to all in his care. And this is the real and eternal life: that they know you, the one and only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you sent. I glorified you on earth by completing down to the last detail what you assigned me to do."
Charlie24 also has a B/A in Biblical Studies and he disagrees with Mr. Kessler. Of course, he has probably put his studies to work abroad in the field with his peers where I have not.

I can tell you up front that Mr. Kessler is not speaking from fact but of his own opinion.

There has been an attack on the Greek vocabulary in the attempt to prove something that is yet to be proven.

This is not rocket science, it's not difficult at all!

If Mr. Kessler wanted to actually prove his opinion he would have solved Matt. 25:46. He most definitely faced this challenge in his studies, I know I did.

"And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”

The Greek word for eternal is "aionios" this word in itself does not equal "unending" but eternal life in Matt. 25:46 which is to be saved and in Christ can only be conceived as "unending" and infinite.

If indeed this is true, the "eternal punishment" is also "unending" and infinite.

The use of "kolasis" (correction or pruning) in connection with aionios is totally out of order when compared to obvious Biblical doctrine such as "eternal life."

Old 06-27-2021, 06:15 AM

The New Testament has only one word which can truthfully be translated as eternal. This is the Greek word Aidios which is used only twice: For since the creation of the world GODS invisible qualities; his ETERNAL (aidios) power and divine nature have been clearly seen. Read Jude 6 and 7 - where you will see a difference between them, whereas, they do not use the same Greek Word. The fire speaks to that of an age, not something that is without a beginning or an end. And the eternal chains that hold them have to do with His eternal power, not all eternity.

Aionios =

The simple definition of aionios is found expressed by St. John. (John 17:3)

Aionios zoe expresses not duration but quality.

Both aionios zoe & aionios kolasis point to life of quality and punishment of quality.

Old 06-27-2021, 06:20 AM

Quote:
The New Testament has only one word which can truthfully be translated as eternal. This is the Greek word Aidios which is used only twice: For since the creation of the world GODS invisible qualities; his ETERNAL (aidios) power and divine nature have been clearly seen. Read Jude 6 and 7 - where you will see a difference between them, whereas, they do not use the same Greek Word. The fire speaks to that of an age, not something that is without a beginning or an end. And the eternal chains that hold them have to do with His eternal power, not all eternity.

Aionios =

The simple definition of aionios is found expressed by St. John. (John 17:3)

Aionios zoe expresses not duration but quality.

Both aionios zoe & aionios kolasis point to life of quality and punishment of quality.

LOL, "it's time" alright, time for you to come out of that stupor.

Old 06-27-2021, 06:21 AM

Everlasting punishment

Search = "everlasting punishment"

Results = 1 verse found (Matt. 25:46)

The five (5) qualifications for aionios kolasis/ everlasting punishment according to the Master of reconciliation =

1.________________?

2.________________?

3.________________?

4.________________?

5.________________?

I was an hungry, and you gave me no meat. #1

I was thirsty, and you gave me no drink. #2

I was a stranger, and you took me not in. #3

I was naked, and you clothed me not. #4

I was sick, and in prison, and you visited me not. #5

Old 06-27-2021, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Everlasting punishment

Search = "everlasting punishment"

Results = 1 verse found (Matt. 25:46)

The five (5) qualifications for aionios kolasis/ everlasting punishment according to the Master of reconciliation =

1.________________?

2.________________?

3.________________?

4.________________?

5.________________?

I was an hungry, and you gave me no meat. #1

I was thirsty, and you gave me no drink. #2

I was a stranger, and you took me not in. #3

I was naked, and you clothed me not. #4

I was sick, and in prison, and you visited me not. #5
How many verses does it take for God's Word to be true?

Would two make it true, maybe three, or would it take four of more?

How about 2 Thes. 1:9, does this qualify on your list?

"Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;:"

Or maybe this one, Daniel 12:2,

"And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt."

How many verses does it take that have eternal-everlasting?

Old 06-27-2021, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
Charlie24 also has a B/A in Biblical Studies and he disagrees with Mr. Kessler. Of course, he has probably put his studies to work abroad in the field with his peers where I have not.
"[The Pharisees] believe that wicked spirits are to be kept in an eternal imprisonment (eirgmos aidios)."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity