Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2021, 08:13 AM

4,483 posts, read 1,320,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
did you know that if you make your enemy your friend you have destroyed your enemy?
2 Cor. 14-17

"Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?

And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?

And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you."

Old 06-25-2021, 08:23 AM

11,123 posts, read 6,385,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
Let's take a look at this subject from a different angle.

Does a person go to heaven apart from receiving Jesus as his Lord and Saviour, thus becoming a child of God?
I just finished showing you scripture that everyone will become a child of God, for every knee shall bow and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord to the glory of God the Father.

Quote:
If you are saying that it is inevitable but that every man will receive Jesus as his Lord, then of course I might even be wholly on board with you.
That is exactly what we are saying. Jesus Christ is the saviour of ALL MEN, first those that believe, which is speaking of the first fruits, which is the promises of the whole harvest. everyone will come in there own order, the firstfruits then the rest.

Quote:
Except for the fact that the scripture seems to be clear on the fact that there are those who will be cast into the furnace of fire (Matthew 13:41-42, Matthew 13:49-5) as a form of everlasting punishment (Matthew 25:46).
ET is based on ONE word and its adjective AION. are you sure you want to base the whole of scripture on ONE word? AION and its adjective are NOT referring to eternal, that which is without end.

Quote:
These are those who will never receive Jesus as their Lord and Saviour from sin; but with the doctrine of eternal damnation, if everyone will receive Jesus, they will receive Him sooner rather than later if the doctrine of eternal damnation is preached.
You teach eternal torment at the expense of God and Jesus making them sinners for missing the mark of the salvation of the whole world.

Quote:
In order to enter into heaven, one must be submitted to the Lordship of Jesus Christ, are we in agreement?
yup and like I said every knee etc.

Quote:
It seems to me that even if Universalism is the reality, that hellfire and damnation preaching has the capacity to bring a man to repentance so that he has Jesus as his Lord and Saviour from sin.

I know that it did for me.
So it was the terror of eternal torment that caused you to repent, do you only serve God as some type of fire insurance? We are to serve Him because of LOVE not because we are terrified.

Quote:
I would not be where I am today if it were not for hellfire and damnation preaching. I would still be in a state of unholiness; I would be wearing the old man instead of the new man who is created in righteousness and true holiness (Ephesians 4:24).
so are you saying that if all are saved you would go back to your old life of sin?

Quote:
If I had been told that everyone goes to heaven and had also believed that lie, I probably would not have ever repented of some of the greater besetting sins in my life.
I guess you just answered my question. You do not serve God because you love him, you serve Him because you are terrified of being eternally tormented if you don't.

Quote:
The fear of the LORD, that is wisdom; and to depart from evil is understanding (Job 28:28).

See also Luke 12:4-5 (kjv).
there is a big difference between the reverential awe of God and being terrified of Him.

Old 06-25-2021, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
2 Cor. 14-17

"Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?

And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?

And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you."
even the devil can quote scripture charlie but has no understanding of the meaning of the scriptures they qoute.

Old 06-25-2021, 08:37 AM

2,029 posts, read 1,364,529 times
Quote:
I just finished showing you scripture that everyone will become a child of God, for every knee shall bow and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord to the glory of God the Father.

That is exactly what we are saying. Jesus Christ is the saviour of ALL MEN, first those that believe, which is speaking of the first fruits, which is the promises of the whole harvest. everyone will come in there own order, the firstfruits then the rest.

ET is based on ONE word and its adjective AION. are you sure you want to base the whole of scripture on ONE word? AION and its adjective are NOT referring to eternal, that which is without end.

You teach eternal torment at the expense of God and Jesus making them sinners for missing the mark of the salvation of the whole world.

yup and like I said every knee etc.

So it was the terror of eternal torment that caused you to repent, do you only serve God as some type of fire insurance? We are to serve Him because of LOVE not because we are terrified.

so are you saying that if all are saved you would go back to your old life of sin?

I guess you just answered my question. You do not serve God because you love him, you serve Him because you are terrified of being eternally tormented if you don't.

there is a big difference between the reverential awe of God and being terrified of Him.
This is one of the best rebuttals to ET I have read in a long time....maybe someone on the fence will be swayed. If someone is not bothered by ET they won't even read what you posted. Their minds are already made up. Imagine standing before God after they die and be asked....You really believed I was capable of damning 90% of all souls, the very people I made into a fire forever? What monster is capable of this yet this is who you told other people I was...a monster?? I never knew you and you never knew Me.

Old 06-25-2021, 08:54 AM

Quote:
even the devil can quote scripture charlie but has no understanding of the meaning of the scriptures they qoute.
But I suppose you do, LOL!

Old 06-25-2021, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero 7 View Post
This is one of the best rebuttals to ET I have read in a long time....maybe someone on the fence will be swayed. If someone is not bothered by ET they won't even read what you posted. Their minds are already made up. Imagine standing before God after they die and be asked....You really believed I was capable of damning 90% of all souls, the very people I made into a fire forever? What monster is capable of this yet this is who you told other people I was...a monster?? I never knew you and you never knew Me.
thanks zero

Old 06-25-2021, 08:59 AM

Quote:
But I suppose you do, LOL!
Charlie only the devil would go around teaching God and Jesus missed their mark (sinned). You have no idea what manner of spirit you are of.

Old 06-25-2021, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Charlie only the devil would go around teaching God and Jesus missed their mark (sinned). You have no idea what manner of spirit you are of.
You are one of the most misleading posters I have ever encountered on any forum!

You make the most ridiculous remarks to folks who are opposed to you.

The hate is just oozing from your opinion of who others are!

Old 06-25-2021, 09:33 AM

Quote:
You are one of the most misleading posters I have ever encountered on any forum!

You make the most ridiculous remarks to folks who are opposed to you.

The hate is just oozing from your opinion of who others are!
I realize many don't like to look in the mirror charlie as it exposes all their flaws. I can't help it if my post do the same thing to you.

Old 06-25-2021, 09:35 AM

20,440 posts, read 12,783,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero 7 View Post
Imagine standing before God on Judgement Day and He asks you, “Why didn’t you warn people?”

Matthew 10:28

And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather fear him who can destroy both soul and body in hell.

Luke 13:3

Unless you repent, you too will all perish.
-Jesus
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity