Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2021, 01:29 PM

63,785 posts, read 40,053,123 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
Have it your way, my friend. Going through the scripture to explain has gotten me and Lord nowhere with you in the past. I see no need to do it now, case closed!
But Lord willing I'll be around to explain it when you are ready, not holding my breath.
We will be able to reminisce over these conversations on the other side, Charlie. I look forward to your apology for your silly belief in eternal damnation and the inerrancy of EVERYTHING in the Bible as the word of God instead of Jesus.

Old 06-24-2021, 01:29 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,349,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Oh well, apparently not, Charlie! You claim to study the Bible and properly divide the scriptures, but I see no division or thinking involved at all just rote and blind acceptance of all of it.

Old 06-24-2021, 02:13 PM

20,439 posts, read 12,779,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjGuru View Post
Of course you'll be saved, just like I will and for both of us in the same way. By Jesus, through His faith in us. It's not the faith of the flesh that somehow we conjure up on our own. But rather His faith in us. It's already in us, in our spirit. The breath of God. You need to ask Christ to let your soul see His faith and receive it.
Quote:
Where do you think faith comes from? It's part of salvation, it's a gift, by grace.
I think I misunderstood the bolded. You may want to reword how you say that. Regardless, even you admit there is a response we must make.

Old 06-24-2021, 03:20 PM

7,530 posts, read 3,021,446 times
No Scripture: Zero

Jesus said: “If you love them (only) that love you, what reward have you? Do not even the publicans the same?” Matt. 5:46.

If God loves only those who love him is He better than the publicans?

If God loves only those who love him, why should not we love only those who love us?

Is it not right to imitate God?

God loves all, blesses all, does good to all.

He is unchangeable, he always will love all, do good to all, and bless all.

The dogma of endless hatred and endless cursing is false– perjury plain and simple!

Jesus condemns all spite, hatred, and revenge and informs us that those ehttps://www.religiousforums.com/threads/the-restitution-of-all-things.237790/#post-6846128vil passions are not of heaven, but of earth, and are sensual and devilish.

We are required to love our enemies, do good to them that hate us, and pray for those who despitefully use us and persecute us, that we may be like God; perfect, as he is perfect; merciful, as he is merciful; and hence, it must be that God loves all, and hates none; blesses all, and curses none.

“If your enemy is hungry, give him bread to eat; if he is thirsty, give him water to drink; for, by so doing, you shalt heap coals of fire upon his head.” Rom. 12:20; Prov. 25:21.

Would God require us to deal thus with our fellow men if he will soon, in another world, put it out of our power to do good?

We must, according to his command, ever be striving to reform our fellow men by deeds of kindness; but, we are told that in the spirit-land, God will not permit us to obey this injunction, or regard it himself; so that what is right and holy here, is wrong and sinful there.

What is obedience in this world is disobedience in the next, therefore it will be perfectly right for Him to pour coals of hell fire in one everlasting storm upon the heads of part of his children while the “pure in heart” stand by and say, Amen!

Old 06-24-2021, 03:45 PM

4,483 posts, read 1,319,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
We will be able to reminisce over these conversations on the other side, Charlie. I look forward to your apology for your silly belief in eternal damnation and the inerrancy of EVERYTHING in the Bible as the word of God instead of Jesus.
You're gonna be waiting for a while maybe longer!

Old 06-24-2021, 04:14 PM

1,091 posts, read 278,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
I think I misunderstood the bolded. You may want to reword how you say that. Regardless, even you admit there is a response we must make.
I believe Charlie is already saved. What I meant was for him to seek an increase in the faith. I do that all the time too (Luk 17:5). The initial revealing of the faith is when God opens the faith of Christ to the soul. It's called a "door of faith" (Act 14:27). God does that for us, by grace, when we are without strength, being dead in our sins, unable to open or even see the door on our own.

Old 06-24-2021, 04:14 PM

11,123 posts, read 6,383,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Yes, if you read all the words of Jesus, you will not get UR.
Sure you will jimmie, but most here who believe in et refuse to look up the Hebrew and Greek words that have been translated into English to actually see what was said.

Old 06-24-2021, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
If Universalism is true, I will be glad to have been wrong when everyone enters in. I know it not to be the case. But the fact that I believe in such "evil crap", when I stand before God, will not matter if Universalism is true; because everyone enters in and therefore I will not be judged for believing in such "evil crap".
and that shows how little you actually understand the salvation of all.

Old 06-24-2021, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Do you think Jesus would say that, or actually do that?

Luk 15:4 What man of you, having an hundred sheep, if he lose one of them, doth not leave the ninety and nine in the wilderness, and go after that which is lost, until he find it?

And if sinners can do that, how much more will the One who created man in His own image do so?
Hi JJ not only that but if one believes in ET then one has to also believe Jesus the great Shepard of the sheep will suffer an eternal torment of loss as it s the Shepard who loses the sheep that suffers the loss.

Old 06-24-2021, 04:19 PM

20,439 posts, read 12,779,436 times
Quote:
I believe Charlie is already saved. What I meant was for him to seek an increase in the faith. I do that all the time too (Luk 17:5). The initial revealing of the faith is when God opens the faith of Christ to the soul. It's called a "door of faith" (Act 14:27). God does that for us, by grace, when we are without strength, being dead in our sins, unable to open or even see the door on our own.
OK, but how does that manifest itself in UR? Not everyone takes that step.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity