Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2021, 05:42 AM

4,483 posts, read 1,318,618 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjGuru View Post
Do you think Jesus would say that, or actually do that?

Luk 15:4 What man of you, having an hundred sheep, if he lose one of them, doth not leave the ninety and nine in the wilderness, and go after that which is lost, until he find it?

And if sinners can do that, how much more will the One who created man in His own image do so?
You UR guys are so sick with the scripture!

Skip on down to vs 7 and read.

Luke 15:7

"I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance."

That one lost sheep has do something! He has to repent of his own free will! If he doesn't, he will not rejoin the 99.

You guys can't help it, taking the scripture out of context, there's no other way for you to do it but to present half truths and mislead.

Old 06-24-2021, 05:47 AM

7,530 posts, read 3,021,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
Love will never fail to give mankind a choice as to whether he will spend eternity with Christ or with satan.
Utter nonsense !

#1. Mankind has been made subject to vanity "not willingly".

#2. The subjection is by the will of God, (not man).

#3. The reason =

"The earnest expectation of the creature waits for the manifestation of the sons of God. For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who has subjected the same in hope, because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God. For we know that the whole creation groans and travails in pain together."

"Made subject" = hypotassō

"Not willingly" = ou hekōn

Old 06-24-2021, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose2Luv View Post
Utter nonsense !

#1. Mankind has been made subject to vanity "not willingly".

#2. The subjection is by the will of God, (not man).

#3. The reason =

"The earnest expectation of the creature waits for the manifestation of the sons of God. For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who has subjected the same in hope, because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God. For we know that the whole creation groans and travails in pain together."

"Made subject" = hypotassō

"Not willingly" = ou hekōn
Rose, I still think you are FineLinen from another site.

Anyway, show us in scripture where God forces man to believe Him and repent.

Because that is what you're saying!

And again you have the scripture all wrong. Paul is speaking of "creature, which is creation!

The fall of Adam and Eve necessitated the fall of all creation.

Paul is saying it is mans fault that the entire creation fell subject to vanity.

Man willingly fell, but the rest of creation was not willing but had no choice.

All of creation is longing, groaning and travails to be placed back in their original perfection.

Old 06-24-2021, 06:17 AM

2,029 posts, read 1,364,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
I bet I do need some correction with the UR in your view, LOL.

Once again, taking scripture out of context which is the way of the UR!

I humble myself before God, not to the UR"s false claims.

You're going to get nothing but finger pointing from me, pal.
Back when I was a babe in Christ many years ago I heard of a UR preacher. I thought to myself....wow..what a dangerous person preaching this...why would Jesus even have to die then if EVERYONE is going to heaven??
I did the research...I prayed...often and the Holy Spirit revealed to me that God does NOT give up on anyone. Do you even read what Rosie posts?......ALL creation subject to vanity, not of it's own accord.....Jesus Christ is the Savior of ALL mankind, especially to those who believe. YOU talk about cherry picking the bible, why never any mention of verses that prove His Lordship. If your not even bothered by ET, I am wasting my time and so far, it seems, you ain't bothered in the least. Your hide is saved or so you think.

Old 06-24-2021, 06:32 AM

7,530 posts, read 3,021,446 times
Quote:
Do you think Jesus would say that, or actually do that?

Luk 15:4 What man of you, having an hundred sheep, if he lose one of them, doth not leave the ninety and nine in the wilderness, and go after that which is lost, until he find it?

And if sinners can do that, how much more will the One who created man in His own image do so?
JJ: The great Shepherd of the sheep loses none. He loses not one sheep, (or goat), and not one leftover morsel of fish and bread. "Gather up the remnants that remain that nothing be lost."

He loses nothing

"A lost sheep is, for all practical purposes a dead sheep. It is the admission that we are dead in our sins---that we have no power of ourselves either to save ourselves or to convince anyone else that we are worth saving. It is the recognition that our whole life is out of our hands and that if we ever live again, our life will be entirely the gift of some gracious shepherd. God finds us the desert of death (not in the garden of improvement) but in the power of Jesus' resurrection, he puts us on his shoulders rejoicing and brings us home." -Robert Farrar Capon-

Last edited by Rose2Luv; 06-24-2021 at 06:52 AM..

Old 06-24-2021, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero 7 View Post
Back when I was a babe in Christ many years ago I heard of a UR preacher. I thought to myself....wow..what a dangerous person preaching this...why would Jesus even have to die then if EVERYONE is going to heaven??
I did the research...I prayed...often and the Holy Spirit revealed to me that God does NOT give up on anyone. Do you even read what Rosie posts?......ALL creation subject to vanity, not of it's own accord.....Jesus Christ is the Savior of ALL mankind, especially to those who believe. YOU talk about cherry picking the bible, why never any mention of verses that prove His Lordship. If your not even bothered by ET, I am wasting my time and so far, it seems, you ain't bothered in the least. Your hide is saved or so you think.
Zero, the UR makes one huge mistake, they assume God is going to either force all men to believe Him or give them a free break from refusing to repent after a period of refinement.

Not one single word of it is found in scripture. You guys cherry-pick scripture verses, taking them completely out of context to their meaning and expect us who have studied the scripture for decades to believe it!

None of you, not a single one of you, can prove anything you say in plain scripture. There is verse after verse in scripture that puts man in Hell for rejecting Christ, plain as day. But you guys can't come up with one verse that says man gets out of Hell at any time.

You go to cherry-picking trying to fool the unknowing into a lie! Well, good luck with that. Only the tree-huggers will join you! You guys just can't come to terms with judgement, and will lie to keep the dream alive.

Old 06-24-2021, 07:03 AM

1,091 posts, read 277,933 times
Quote:
You UR guys are so sick with the scripture!

Skip on down to vs 7 and read.

Luke 15:7

"I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance."

That one lost sheep has do something! He has to repent of his own free will! If he doesn't, he will not rejoin the 99.

You guys can't help it, taking the scripture out of context, there's no other way for you to do it but to present half truths and mislead.
God is the one who grants repentance through regeneration. How do think man is actually saved, by his own works and doings, or by the grace of God? Your foolishness knows no bounds. The ET'ers have faith in death, but not in life.

Act 11:18 When they heard these things, they held their peace, and glorified God, saying, Then hath God also to the Gentiles granted repentance unto life.

Old 06-24-2021, 07:09 AM

Quote:
God is the one who grants repentance through regeneration. How do think man is actually saved, by his own works and doings, or by the grace of God? Your foolishness knows no bounds. The ET'ers have faith in death, but not in life.

Act 11:18 When they heard these things, they held their peace, and glorified God, saying, Then hath God also to the Gentiles granted repentance unto life.
The ignorance of scripture is astounding. That's a hard word for the UR to accept "repentance" so they ignore it. Heaven or Hell depends upon it but UR ignores it. Man is given free will to decide for himself but the UR ignores it.

Whole lot of ignoring going on in those ranks and little understanding, but the UR ignores it!

Old 06-24-2021, 07:34 AM

20,439 posts, read 12,779,436 times
Quote:

God gives forgiveness through faith in the redemptive work of Christ.

Old 06-24-2021, 07:37 AM

1,091 posts, read 277,933 times
Quote:
The ignorance of scripture is astounding. That's a hard word for the UR to accept "repentance" so they ignore it. Heaven or Hell depends upon it but UR ignores it. Man is given free will to decide for himself but the UR ignores it.

Whole lot of ignoring going on in those ranks and little understanding, but the UR ignores it!
How do you think dead men come to life? Through their own "free will"? LOL

Do you think the flesh will show up at the judgement by it's own "free will". That's why I said you have faith in death but not in life. I've already showed you where God gives repentance to life, not death. Is it your testimony that you have no faith in God. None whatsoever?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity