Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2021, 04:29 PM

11,123 posts, read 6,385,743 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjGuru View Post
ET'ers have no faith in the goodness and grace of God. And they testify to that every day on this forum. Particularly on this thread.

Ask them if they believe in Him who justifies the ungodly (Rom 4:5). They'll squirm and groan, make up excuses why it's not so, fling a scripture here or there, come up with dumb cliches, hunt for ways to avoid the obvious and final say NO, they don't. It's actually kind of humorous to watch.
This is sad but true, how one can say they have faith in Jesus but do not believe He will accomplish all he came to do is beyond crazy. They in effect teach that God and Jesus are sinners, for they teach God took aim at the salvation of the world, sent Jesus to save the world but they missed the mark.

Old 06-24-2021, 04:34 PM

1,091 posts, read 278,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
OK, but how does that manifest itself in UR? Not everyone takes that step.
I don't think you need to believe in UR to be saved. Some are willing to receive what others may not. And there are differences even between those who receive it. But I do think that when you're faithful to the faith, God opens that door of faith wider.

Old 06-24-2021, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
What in the descriptions and unambiguous demonstration of God's Holy Spirit of agape love gives you the impression that God would ever eternally punish ANYONE FOR ANYTHING! Our ignorant, primitive, and savage ancestors would not have been able to rationalize the absurdity of such a concept, which is what made it effective in motivating them, but you should be able to, Charlie.
I dont think charlie will ever get it brother as he thinks a dirty filter can give clear water.

Old 06-24-2021, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
OK, but how does that manifest itself in UR? Not everyone takes that step.
every knee shall bow and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord to the glory of God the Father. so everyone does take that step jimmie

Old 06-24-2021, 08:21 PM

7,530 posts, read 3,023,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjGuru View Post
I don't think you need to believe in UR to be saved. Some are willing to receive what others may not. And there are differences even between those who receive it. But I do think that when you're faithful to the faith, God opens that door of faith wider.
Salvation, as you know JJ, is a many faceted operation of the Spirit of God of past present and future. Each of these dimensions of His love and grace lead to expansion of where we are into His expansive Being.

Some appear to be content in their present restricted view of the One whose Being is without Beginning or Ending. We believe in the One who opens blind eyes, deaf ears and raises the dead. into newness of Life.

Ephphatha !

Old 06-24-2021, 08:31 PM

7,530 posts, read 3,023,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
every knee shall bow and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord to the glory of God the Father. so everyone does take that step jimmie

"That in the name of Jesus every knee should bow (ινα εν τω ονοματ Ιησου παν γονυ καμψη). First aorist active subjunctive of καμπτω, old verb, to bend, to bow, in purpose clause with ινα. Not perfunctory genuflections whenever the name of Jesus is mentioned, but universal acknowledgment of the majesty and power of Jesus who carries his human name and nature to heaven. This universal homage to Jesus is seen in Romans 8:22; Ephesians 1:20-22 and in particular Revelation 5:13.

Under the earth (καταχθονιων). Homeric adjective for departed souls, subterranean, simply the dead. Here only in the N.T." ~Robertson N.T. Word Pictures

Every knee, every tongue, every dimension in universal homage.

Old 06-24-2021, 10:50 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,841,188 times
Quote:
Show me in scripture where Jesus told you that every word in the Bible is the word of God!!! You can't.
Jesus said that He would send the Holy Spirit who would guide the disciples into all truth (John 16:13). Therefore He substantiates Peter's writings as being inspired by the Lord. Peter then substantiates Paul in 2 Peter 3:15-16.

And Paul substantiates the rest of scripture in 2 Timothy 3:16.

So then, Jesus does indirectly tell us that every word in the Bible is the word of God.

Last edited by justbyfaith; 06-24-2021 at 11:42 PM..

Old 06-24-2021, 10:53 PM

Quote:
What in the descriptions and unambiguous demonstration of God's Holy Spirit of agape love gives you the impression that God would ever eternally punish ANYONE FOR ANYTHING!
It is Jesus' own word, in Matthew 25:46.

Old 06-24-2021, 10:57 PM

Deu 7:9, Know therefore that the LORD thy God, he is God, the faithful God, which keepeth covenant and mercy with them that love him and keep his commandments to a thousand generations;
Deu 7:10, And repayeth them that hate him to their face, to destroy them: he will not be slack to him that hateth him, he will repay him to his face.
Deu 7:11, Thou shalt therefore keep the commandments, and the statutes, and the judgments, which I command thee this day, to do them.

Old 06-24-2021, 11:08 PM

Let's take a look at this subject from a different angle.

Does a person go to heaven apart from receiving Jesus as his Lord and Saviour, thus becoming a child of God?

If you are saying that it is inevitable but that every man will receive Jesus as his Lord, then of course I might even be wholly on board with you.

Except for the fact that the scripture seems to be clear on the fact that there are those who will be cast into the furnace of fire (Matthew 13:41-42, Matthew 13:49-5) as a form of everlasting punishment (Matthew 25:46).

These are those who will never receive Jesus as their Lord and Saviour from sin; but with the doctrine of eternal damnation, if everyone will receive Jesus, they will receive Him sooner rather than later if the doctrine of eternal damnation is preached.

In order to enter into heaven, one must be submitted to the Lordship of Jesus Christ, are we in agreement?

It seems to me that even if Universalism is the reality, that hellfire and damnation preaching has the capacity to bring a man to repentance so that he has Jesus as his Lord and Saviour from sin.

I know that it did for me.

I would not be where I am today if it were not for hellfire and damnation preaching. I would still be in a state of unholiness; I would be wearing the old man instead of the new man who is created in righteousness and true holiness (Ephesians 4:24).

If I had been told that everyone goes to heaven and had also believed that lie, I probably would not have ever repented of some of the greater besetting sins in my life.

The fear of the LORD, that is wisdom; and to depart from evil is understanding (Job 28:28).

See also Luke 12:4-5 (kjv).

Last edited by justbyfaith; 06-24-2021 at 11:45 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity