Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2021, 03:35 PM

7,530 posts, read 3,030,030 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjGuru View Post
Well, Jesus is the Savior of all men. It is who He is. And the very reason He "will have all men to be saved", "to be testified in due time":

1Ti 2:4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.
1Ti 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;
1Ti 2:6 Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.

It may not appear now that all will be saved, but we're to read the scriptures with that faith. "Faith being the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen".
The Lord of reconciliation is not a potential Saviour: He is Saviour, reaching as far as the curse is found.

Old 08-08-2021, 09:55 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,845,403 times
Eze 13:20, Wherefore thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I am against your pillows, wherewith ye there hunt the souls to make them fly, and I will tear them from your arms, and will let the souls go, even the souls that ye hunt to make them fly.
Eze 13:21, Your kerchiefs also will I tear, and deliver my people out of your hand, and they shall be no more in your hand to be hunted; and ye shall know that I am the LORD.
Eze 13:22, Because with lies ye have made the heart of the righteous sad, whom I have not made sad; and strengthened the hands of the wicked, that he should not return from his wicked way, by promising him life:
Eze 13:23, Therefore ye shall see no more vanity, nor divine divinations: for I will deliver my people out of your hand: and ye shall know that I am the LORD.

Old 08-09-2021, 12:22 AM

23,165 posts, read 10,459,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
Eze 13:20, Wherefore thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I am against your pillows, wherewith ye there hunt the souls to make them fly, and I will tear them from your arms, and will let the souls go, even the souls that ye hunt to make them fly.
Eze 13:21, Your kerchiefs also will I tear, and deliver my people out of your hand, and they shall be no more in your hand to be hunted; and ye shall know that I am the LORD.
Eze 13:22, Because with lies ye have made the heart of the righteous sad, whom I have not made sad; and strengthened the hands of the wicked, that he should not return from his wicked way, by promising him life:
Eze 13:23, Therefore ye shall see no more vanity, nor divine divinations: for I will deliver my people out of your hand: and ye shall know that I am the LORD.
What exactly is your point?

Old 08-09-2021, 12:26 AM

23,165 posts, read 10,459,754 times
Quote:
Justbyfaith, who is this written to and why?

Old 08-09-2021, 03:02 AM

7,530 posts, read 3,030,030 times
Quote:
The term "is" (Gk "ἐστί"), though a small word, carries a lot of meaning. It's being used in the present tense, indicative mood, 3rd person singular, and simply means: "to be". It's the identical term and syntax (structure) used in Luk 23:38, where it is said of Jesus: THIS IS THE KING OF THE JEWS. Make no mistake: Jesus IS the King of the Jews, as well as the Savior of all men. It just isn't known or realized by all Jews or Gentiles at this time. And the very reason we have to let them know, so they can believe and receive Him as such.
The "small" words in koine express incredible magnitude. One of them is ἐν.

The Lord Jesus is not only King of the Jews, He is the Prince-Leader of every human being, in every dimension of the heavens, earth, and underworld!

That ἐν/ in the Name of Jesus every knee shall bow in worship, not "at" His Name, but in/ἐν His Name.

For those who have experienced the wonder of being in/ ἐν Him, the outcome is obvious. The entire universe ultimately sings in harmonious strains.....

You are Lord.

Last edited by Rose2Luv; 08-09-2021 at 03:12 AM..

Old 08-09-2021, 05:48 AM

1,091 posts, read 278,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose2Luv View Post
The "small" words in koine express incredible magnitude. One of them is ἐν.

The Lord Jesus is not only King of the Jews, He is the Prince-Leader of every human being, in every dimension of the heavens, earth, and underworld!

That ἐν/ in the Name of Jesus every knee shall bow in worship, not "at" His Name, but in/ἐν His Name.

For those who have experienced the wonder of being in/ ἐν Him, the outcome is obvious. The entire universe ultimately sings in harmonious strains.....

You are Lord.
I love that word too. And often obscured in our translations of His word.

Old 08-09-2021, 07:35 AM

1,091 posts, read 278,991 times
Quote:
You're trying to make an unjust equivalency here with UR, and it's not correct to do so, and for the following reasons:

UR proclaims life to be IN CHRIST, not outside Christ, but rather IN CHRIST. UR believes that God "will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth", and I believe that "scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness," not by vanity or divine divination. For example:

We read where John the Baptist said: "Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world". Was John speaking by vanity or divine divinations?

We're told that Jesus said: "if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me". Are we to understand His words as a false promise of vanity? Jesus made that promise, not UR. We also know by reading from our bible that He's already fulfilled the first condition of the promise: His own resurrection. Are we to believe that Jesus, the One who said "I came not to judge the world, but to save the world", will He not save the world and bring His own promises to fruition?

We read where Paul writes "that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them", and how David wrote "Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered. Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin." Is it your testimony today, before our God and His Christ, that both Paul and David colluded in vanity, speaking divinations?

Is it your testimony that "the LORD'S hand waxed short" and is no longer able to save? Are we to believe that "the potter be esteemed as clay; that the thing made should say of him that made it: 'He made me not'", or that the potter cannot refine clay that is marred to make "again another vessel, as seemed good to the potter to make it". Is the Good Potter also of vanity, and unable to take His own clay and refine it again to another vessel?

Are we to believe, as you would tell us, that God has only power over men's souls to cast into hell, but not to refine and save? Do we not read where "the preparations of the heart in man, and the answer of the tongue, is from the LORD", or that "a man's heart deviseth his way: but the LORD directeth his steps", or how "there are many devices in a man's heart; nevertheless the counsel of the LORD, that shall stand". Are we to believe that God is not also sovereign over the very souls of men, that He owns?

We're told a "king's heart is in the hand of the LORD, as the rivers of water: he turneth it whithersoever he will." Can He not also do this with the king's people? Is it vanity to think so? We read a "man's goings are of the LORD; how can a man then understand his own way?" Is it too much for the Lord to exercise His own dominion over the souls that are His, when He say's "all souls are mine", even the ones that are dead/lost? Are we not to believe that Jesus came to "seek and to save that which was lost"?

We read where "it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure". Are we to be so proud and boast that God can work in us, but not all? That His mercy can extend to us but not to others? Shall we boast that our salvation rests in our own "free will" and what "we did"?

I've only given a few examples here, otherwise this post could go on endlessly... Is it your testimony these are lies and vanity?

Last edited by jjGuru; 08-09-2021 at 07:54 AM..

Old 08-09-2021, 08:15 AM

63,819 posts, read 40,109,822 times
Quote:
You're trying to make an unjust equivalency here with UR, and it's not correct to do so, and for the following reasons:

UR proclaims life to be IN CHRIST, not outside Christ, but rather IN CHRIST. UR believes that God "will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth", and I believe that "scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness," not by vanity or divine divination. For example:

We read where John the Baptist said: "Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world". Was John speaking by vanity or divine divinations?

We're told that Jesus said: "if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me". Are we to understand His words as a false promise of vanity? Jesus made that promise, not UR. We also know by reading from our bible that He's already fulfilled the first condition of the promise: His own resurrection. Are we to believe that Jesus, the One who said "I came not to judge the world, but to save the world", will He not save the world and bring His own promises to fruition?

We read where Paul writes "that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them", and how David wrote "Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered. Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin." Is it your testimony today, before our God and His Christ, that both Paul and David colluded in vanity, speaking divinations?

Is it your testimony that "the LORD'S hand waxed short" and is no longer able to save? Are we to believe that "the potter be esteemed as clay; that the thing made should say of him that made it: 'He made me not'", or that the potter cannot refine clay that is marred to make "again another vessel, as seemed good to the potter to make it". Is the Good Potter also of vanity, and unable to take His own clay and refine it again to another vessel?

Are we to believe, as you would tell us, that God has only power over men's souls to cast into hell, but not to refine and save? Do we not read where "the preparations of the heart in man, and the answer of the tongue, is from the LORD", or that "a man's heart deviseth his way: but the LORD directeth his steps", or how "there are many devices in a man's heart; nevertheless the counsel of the LORD, that shall stand". Are we to believe that God is not also sovereign over the very souls of men, that He owns?

We're told a "king's heart is in the hand of the LORD, as the rivers of water: he turneth it whithersoever he will." Can He not also do this with the king's people? Is it vanity to think so? We read a "man's goings are of the LORD; how can a man then understand his own way?" Is it too much for the Lord to exercise His own dominion over the souls that are His, when He say's "all souls are mine", even the ones that are dead/lost? Are we not to believe that Jesus came to "seek and to save that which was lost"?

We read where "it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure". Are we to be so proud and boast that God can work in us, but not all? That His mercy can extend to us but not to others? Shall we boast that our salvation rests in our own "free will" and what "we did"?

I've only given a few examples here, otherwise this post could go on endlessly... Is it your testimony these are lies and vanity?

Old 08-09-2021, 12:51 PM

11,123 posts, read 6,390,876 times
Quote:

Old 08-09-2021, 01:01 PM

2,029 posts, read 1,365,644 times
Quote:

How much more proof is needed for them? Over and over they are shown great stuff like this but its not enough for them, they still spout the same

few verses like this over and over like parrots...BRACK! Broad is the path that leads to destruction..BRACK!..broad is the path that leads to destruction...BRACK!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity