Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2021, 01:39 PM

1,091 posts, read 278,861 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
Well, Guru, in our differences it doesn't matter my heart condition. What matters is the Word of God, what it says!

I know we see things differently but I see no advantage to teaching UR! The love that Christ gave us on the Cross is what leads one to salvation. The scripture says that we are saved by Grace through faith, not Grace through love!

So we stand at odds with one another, wish we didn't, but it is what it is.
I don't think I've ever used the term "Grace through love" with respect to receiving salvation. I do like the sound of that though.

I proclaim and post about UR because scripture tells us to do so. I tell people that Jesus IS their savior. Not a possible savior, or a potential savior, but rather IS their savior. Here is the text:

1Ti 4:10 For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.
1Ti 4:11 These things command and teach.

The term "is" (Gk "ἐστί"), though a small word, carries a lot of meaning. It's being used in the present tense, indicative mood, 3rd person singular, and simply means: "to be". It's the identical term and syntax (structure) used in Luk 23:38, where it is said of Jesus: THIS IS THE KING OF THE JEWS. Make no mistake: Jesus IS the King of the Jews, as well as the Savior of all men. It just isn't known or realized by all Jews or Gentiles at this time. And the very reason we have to let them know, so they can believe and receive Him as such.

Old 08-08-2021, 01:48 PM

11,123 posts, read 6,390,876 times
Quote:
Not in the way you see Him as possibly failing! The answer to man's problem is not whether judgement is hell and eternal for all who don't know Him, but rather that He gave Himself that we might live!
yes charlie and He did it for ALL

Old 08-08-2021, 01:52 PM

4,483 posts, read 1,322,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjGuru View Post
I don't think I've ever used the term "Grace through love" with respect to receiving salvation. I do like the sound of that though.

I proclaim and post about UR because scripture tells us to do so. I tell people that Jesus IS their savior. Not a possible savior, or a potential savior, but rather IS their savior. Here is the text:

1Ti 4:10 For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

The term "is" (Gk "ἐστί"), though a small word, carries a lot of meaning. It's being used in the present tense, indicative mood, 3rd person singular, and simply means: "to be". It's the identical term and syntax (structure) used in Luk 23:38, where it is said of Jesus: THIS IS THE KING OF THE JEWS. Make no mistake: Jesus IS the King of the Jews, as well as the Savior of all men. It just isn't known or realized by all Jews or Gentiles at this time. And the very reason we have to let them know, so they can believe and receive Him as such.
We disagree on HOW He is the Saviour of all men, I've shown you that I believe He is the only Saviour, the only way, therefore the Saviour of all men. There can be no other. Not that all will be saved!

But I'm very happy to see we agree that He is definitely THE Saviour of all men!

Old 08-08-2021, 01:53 PM

11,123 posts, read 6,390,876 times
Quote:

JJ you have a great why of expressing my thoughts, lol. wish I could put my thoughts to paper like you do, I keep telling everyone I am a bull in a china shop. lol but even God can use a bull once in awhile.

nice post brother.

Old 08-08-2021, 02:12 PM

Quote:
We disagree on HOW He is the Saviour of all men, I've shown you that I believe He is the only Saviour, the only way, therefore the Saviour of all men. There can be no other. Not that all will be saved!

But I'm very happy to see we agree that He is definitely THE Saviour of all men!
Well, Jesus is the Savior of all men. It is who He is. And the very reason He "will have all men to be saved", "to be testified in due time":

1Ti 2:4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.
1Ti 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;
1Ti 2:6 Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.

It may not appear now that all will be saved, but we're to read the scriptures with that faith. "Faith being the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen".

Old 08-08-2021, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
JJ you have a great why of expressing my thoughts, lol. wish I could put my thoughts to paper like you do, I keep telling everyone I am a bull in a china shop. lol but even God can use a bull once in awhile.

nice post brother.
You too my friend, I love reading all your posts

Old 08-08-2021, 02:23 PM

4,483 posts, read 1,322,384 times
Quote:
You too my friend, I love reading all your posts
Same here, Guru, we are not that far apart when we get past the judgements!

I would much rather ponder on His mercy and grace any day!

Old 08-08-2021, 03:08 PM

63,818 posts, read 40,109,822 times
Quote:
Well, Jesus is the Savior of all men. It is who He is. And the very reason He "will have all men to be saved", "to be testified in due time":

1Ti 2:4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.
1Ti 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;
1Ti 2:6 Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.

It may not appear now that all will be saved, but we're to read the scriptures with that faith. "Faith being the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen".

Old 08-08-2021, 03:14 PM

7,530 posts, read 3,030,030 times
It has been suggested that it matters not the condition of our heart. The facts are the broken wrecks of sin and despair must be awakened by ABBA to be transformed from inside out, heart, ears & eyes.

Many made sinners equals many made righteous.

Old 08-08-2021, 03:18 PM

7,530 posts, read 3,030,030 times
καὶ ἔχει ἐπὶ τὸ ἱμάτιον καὶ ἐπὶ τὸν μηρὸν αὐτοῦ τὸ ὄνομα γεγραμμένον? Βασιλεὺς βασιλέων καὶ κύριος κυρίων

King = basileus =

Leader/ commander/ king.

The Lord of all lords, the King of all kings =

The Prince Leader of reconciliation, the Lamb who overcomes the all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BE4DDB5whyk
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity