Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-04-2021, 01:49 AM

8,039 posts, read 1,840,257 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Do you not bother to read anything posted in rebuttal to your rote indoctrination into the doctrine of demons damnation Gospel????
What rebuttal can there be to the reality of the word of God?

If an argument is against the word, it is merely an argument without a basis.

NASB2020:2Co 10:3, For though we walk in the flesh, we do not wage battle according to the flesh
2Co 10:4, for the weapons of our warfare are not of the flesh, but divinely powerful for the destruction of fortresses
2Co 10:5, We are destroying arguments and all arrogance raised against the knowledge of God, and we are taking every thought captive to the obedience of Christ.

Please note that I am utilizing prayer as a weapon of warfare.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
The wrath is against all unrighteousness, so they will reap, what they have sown.
Since we are sowing the word of God and therefore to the Spirit, we will reap everlasting life; not only for ourselves, but hopefully for all who hear us.

Galatians 6:8-9;

1 Timothy 4:16.

Last edited by justbyfaith; 07-04-2021 at 02:03 AM..

Old 07-04-2021, 05:00 AM

7,530 posts, read 3,023,097 times
In Love's service, only wounded soldiers can serve.

"You’re blessed when you’re at the end of your rope. With less of you there is more of God and his rule. You’re blessed when you feel you’ve lost what is most dear to you. Only then can you be embraced by the One most dear to you. You’re blessed when you’re content with just who you are—no more, no less. That’s the moment you find yourselves proud owners of everything that can’t be bought. You’re blessed when you’ve worked up a good appetite for God. He’s food and drink in the best meal you’ll ever eat. You’re blessed when you care. At the moment of being ‘care-full,’ you find yourselves cared for. You’re blessed when you get your inside world—your mind and heart—put right.

For my part, I am going to boast about nothing but the Cross of our Master, Jesus Christ. Because of that Cross, I have been crucified in relation to the world, set free from the stifling atmosphere of pleasing others and fitting into the little patterns that they dictate. Can’t you see the central issue in all this? It is not what you and I do—submit to circumcision, reject circumcision. It is what God is doing, and he is creating something totally new, a free life! All who walk by this standard are the true Israel of God—his chosen people. Peace and mercy on them! Quite frankly, I don’t want to be bothered anymore by these disputes. I have far more important things to do—the serious living of this faith. I bear in my body scars from my service to Jesus. ~MSG

Old 07-04-2021, 11:19 AM

“The Spirit of the Lord is on me, because he has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners and recovery of sight for the blind, to set the oppressed free."

The Lord Jesus Christ is still in the recovery business. He continues to release captives who are prisoners to their dogma and their vast need of deliverance from themselves and all that binds them.

Our blindness is no match in His recovery process,

Yes, Jesus Christ sets the oppressed prisoners FREE.

Old 07-04-2021, 05:27 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,352,130 times
Quote:
The wrath is against all unrighteousness, so they will reap, what they have sown.
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
Since we are sowing the word of God and therefore to the Spirit, we will reap everlasting life; not only for ourselves, but hopefully for all who hear us.

The only thing you are doing is deceiving that of yourself and others. Nowhere, do the Scriptures speak to that of eternal punishment. What you are sowing is discord between those of the faith with your false beliefs; one of the most heinous sins in the Bible, fighting against unity. You are not winning any soul, you are pushing them away with that self-righteousness that you exhibit.

Old 07-04-2021, 05:41 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,840,257 times
Quote:
The only thing you are doing is deceiving that of yourself and others. Nowhere, do the Scriptures speak to that of eternal punishment. What you are sowing is discord between those of the faith with your false beliefs; one of the most heinous sins in the Bible, fighting against unity. You are not winning any soul, you are pushing them away with that self-righteousness that you exhibit.
Unity at the expense of truth is not something that the Lord desires.

I am willing to consider the claims of the Universalist and continue to hash these things out.

However, as someone has said, we do not choose what we believe; and I remain unconvinced of Universalism at the present time.

Even if I believed in it, I would probably still preach everlasting torments; because I believe that such a doctrine will get someone into the kingdom faster than if they believe that they have all of an eternity to make their decision.

Also, it may appear to be against unity to preach everlasting torments here because the majority appear to believe in that doctrine here at these boards.

However, there are other locations where the majority believe in everlasting torments; and in those places yo would be the ones who are fighting against unity.

And the scriptures do in fact speak of everlasting punishment in a number of places.

I will give only a few here.

Matthew 13:41-42, Matthew 13:49-50, Matthew 25:46, Romans 11:9-10.

These few scriptures are enough to convince me of the reality that the doctrine is true.

Those who even deny the doctrine also have to deny the inspiration of the holy scriptures in order to keep their point of view; because, apparently, these scriptures are irrefutable as they are interpreted together according to the hermeneutic that we find in 1 Corinthians 2:13 (kjv).

Old 07-04-2021, 06:10 PM

Jerwade: You must wake up!

According to D. & D., your grasp of Scripture is wrong.

"The scriptures do in fact speak of everlasting punishment in a number of places."

There is exactly one (1) scripture speaking of "everlasting punishment", by none other than the Master of Reconciliation, the Lord Jesus Christ.

You will never believe what lands one in this ghastly punishment.

Old 07-04-2021, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
these two seem to see hell everywhere.

My brother: the D.D.'s are living in a fantasy world of hurt. They surely are unaware that "as a man thinks in his own heart, so is he".

“The Reformation was a time when men went blind, staggering drunk because they had discovered, in the dusty basement of late medievalism, a whole cellar full of fifteen-hundred-year-old, two-hundred proof Grace–bottle after bottle of pure distillate of Scripture, one sip of which would convince anyone that God saves us single-handedly. The word of the Gospel–after all those centuries of trying to lift yourself into heaven by worrying about the perfection of your bootstraps–suddenly turned out to be a flat announcement that the saved were home before they started…Grace has to be drunk straight: no water, no ice, and certainly no ginger ale; neither goodness, nor badness, not the flowers that bloom in the spring of super spirituality could be allowed to enter into the case.” ~ Robert Farrar Capon

Old 07-04-2021, 06:33 PM

Do good to your enemies how long?

Jesus said: “If you love them (only) that love you, what reward have you? Do not even the publicans the same?” Matt. 5:46.

If God loves only those who love him is He better than the publicans?

If God loves only those who love him, why should not we love only those who love us?

Is it not right to imitate God?

God loves all, blesses all, does good to all.

He is unchangeable, he always will love all, do good to all, and bless all.

The dogma of endless hatred and endless cursing is false– perjury plain and simple!

Jesus condemns all spite, hatred, and revenge and informs us that those evil passions are not of heaven, but of earth, and are sensual and devilish.

We are required to love our enemies, do good to them that hate us, and pray for those who despitefully use us and persecute us, that we may be like God; perfect, as he is perfect; merciful, as he is merciful; and hence, it must be that God loves all, and hates none; blesses all, and curses none.

“If your enemy is hungry, give him bread to eat; if he is thirsty, give him water to drink; for, by so doing, you shalt heap coals of fire upon his head.” Rom. 12:20; Prov. 25:21.

Would God require us to deal thus with our fellow men if he will soon, in another world, put it out of our power to do good?

We must, according to his command, ever be striving to reform our fellow men by deeds of kindness; but, we are told that in the spirit-land, God will not permit us to obey this injunction, or regard it himself; so that what is right and holy here, is wrong and sinful there.

What is obedience in this world is disobedience in the next, therefore it will be perfectly right for Him to pour coals of hell fire in one everlasting storm upon the heads of part of his children while the “pure in heart” stand by and say, Amen!

Old 07-04-2021, 06:33 PM

Quote:
The only thing you are doing is deceiving that of yourself and others. Nowhere, do the Scriptures speak to that of eternal punishment. What you are sowing is discord between those of the faith with your false beliefs; one of the most heinous sins in the Bible, fighting against unity. You are not winning any souls, rather you are pushing them away with that self-righteousness that you exhibit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
Unity at the expense of truth is not something that the Lord desires.
It's unity based on the truth, not the lies which create separation and/or division.

Quote:
I am willing to consider the claims of the Universalist and continue to hash these things out.

However, as someone has said, we do not choose what we believe; and I remain unconvinced of Universalism at the present time.
The arrogance and ignorance that you possess will never allow you to do that, and it would be a waste of time.

Quote:
Even if I believed in it, I would probably still preach everlasting torments; because I believe that such a doctrine will get someone into the kingdom faster than if they believe that they have all of an eternity to make their decision.
To err in caution because of fear is still an error in truth, and it matters not which way you slice it.
Additionally, I find that the fearmongering is more destruction, ultimately it pushes people away.

Quote:
Also, it may appear to be against unity to preach everlasting torments here because the majority appear to believe in that doctrine here at these boards.

However, there are other locations where the majority believe in everlasting torments; and in those places yo would be the ones who are fighting against unity.

And the scriptures do in fact speak of everlasting punishment in a number of places.

I will give only a few here.

Matthew 13:41-42, Matthew 13:49-50, Matthew 25:46, Romans 11:9-10.

These few scriptures are enough to convince me of the reality that the doctrine is true.
Because you do not comprehend the original languages without resorting the the false English interpretations, and the King James is one of the worst when it comes to the ideologies of hell and the false notion of eternal punishment. Neither, do you comprehend that of the Lake (place of safety, refuge or haven) of fire which is the Presence of God; the all consuming fire that will remove and purify the human nature, saving the man himself.

Quote:
Those who even deny the doctrine also have to deny the inspiration of the holy scriptures in order to keep their point of view; because, apparently, these scriptures are irrefutable as they are interpreted together according to the hermeneutic that we find in 1 Corinthians 2:13 (kjv).
They have been refuted, however you are unwilling to believe, while holding tightly to your false beliefs that you have been taught. If you believe the falling away is just now happening, then you have been deceived, as the false ideologies are a derivative of Pagan concepts which have been adopted by Christianism around two-thousand years ago. And these are not the only ones, as Christianity is syncretistic in nature.

Old 07-04-2021, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose2Luv View Post
“The Spirit of the Lord is on me, because he has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners and recovery of sight for the blind, to set the oppressed free."

The Lord Jesus Christ is still in the recovery business. He continues to release captives who are prisoners to their dogma and their vast need of deliverance from themselves and all that binds them.

Our blindness is no match in His recovery process,

Yes, Jesus Christ sets the oppressed prisoners FREE.
De oppresso liber (Special Forces to free or liberate the oppressed).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity