Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2021, 09:43 AM

8,039 posts, read 1,845,403 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
but your not bring sound doctrine to the table JBF your doctrine is illogical therefore cannot be sound.
There is nothing illogical about what I am bringing to the table; and it is also all based on holy scripture.

Therefore it is, in fact, sound doctrine.

Old 08-08-2021, 10:02 AM

4,483 posts, read 1,322,891 times
Quote:
but your not bring sound doctrine to the table JBF your doctrine is illogical therefore cannot be sound.
Oh, it's sound doctrine to be sure, but here's the problem!

2 Tim. 4:1-4

"I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;

Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all long suffering and doctrine.

For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables."

In this particular case UR is the fable!

Old 08-08-2021, 10:32 AM

11,123 posts, read 6,390,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
There is nothing illogical about what I am bringing to the table; and it is also all based on holy scripture.

Therefore it is, in fact, sound doctrine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
Oh, it's sound doctrine to be sure, but here's the problem!

2 Tim. 4:1-4

"I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;

Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all long suffering and doctrine.

For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables."

that which is illogical is not sound I don't care how much you want what you are teaching to be sound it just is not. You two have turned away from sound doctrine for the teachings of men and there is a way the seemeth right unto a man but the end thereof are the ways of death. and you two keep teaching according to mans ways, death , death , death is all we hear from both of you.

Old 08-08-2021, 10:39 AM

Quote:
that which is illogical is not sound I don't care how much you want what you are teaching to be sound it just is not. You two have turned away from sound doctrine for the teachings of men and there is a way the seemeth right unto a man but the end thereof are the ways of death. and you two keep teaching according to mans ways, death , death , death is all we hear from both of you.
It's illogical to you, sure, if there is a fable to fit in that won't fit with sound doctrine!

Old 08-08-2021, 10:51 AM

Quote:
It's illogical to you, sure, if there is a fable to fit in that won't fit with sound doctrine!
lol who is it that follows fables? is it the one who fashion their doctrine after the gods of the nations or the one who hold God to a higher standard and believe He cannot fail.

Old 08-08-2021, 12:15 PM

1,091 posts, read 278,991 times
Quote:
It's not Charlie. ET'ing is the fable.

Can you give me one sound doctrinal reason why souls that God has made in His own image (Gen 1:27, 1Co 11:7), a soul having the very breath of the Almighty within (Gen 2:7, Job 33:4), that breath of God called the Candle of the Lord, the very spirit of man (Pro 20:27), the souls that God Himself owns (Eze 18:4), the souls that He died for (2Co 5:14), souls that he reconciled to Himself in Christ (2Co 5:19, Col 1:20), the very souls that He forgave in Christ (Col 2:13-14), and justified (Rom 4:5), that those souls should now be cast into a rubbish pit called "gehenna", to be tortured endlessly for all eternity and with fire?

Is that what you call sound doctrine?

Old 08-08-2021, 12:51 PM

1,091 posts, read 278,991 times
Quote:
Your doctrines come from a heart that needs healing, Charlie24.

Mat 12:35 A good man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth forth good things: and an evil man out of the evil treasure bringeth forth evil things.

Rom 1:30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
Rom 1:31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:

Those texts summarize the doctrines of the ET'ers, and describe the very heart of those that proclaim them as being: "the doctrines of our Lord".

And yet, even so, there is hope, grace and mercy that awaits such ones, in Christ. For it is the Lord's good will to save and bring all to a correct understanding of the truth (1Tim 2:4). However, those truth's will come about through the refiner's fire, and like fullers' soap (Mal 3:2, Mar 9:49), but also tempered with mercy due to unbelief (Rom 11:32). It will be a fire of righteousness that will prepare such souls for the Refiner's Kingdom.

Old 08-08-2021, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjGuru View Post
Your doctrines come from a heart that needs healing, Charlie24.

Mat 12:35 A good man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth forth good things: and an evil man out of the evil treasure bringeth forth evil things.

Rom 1:30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
Rom 1:31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:

Those texts summarize the doctrines of the ET'ers, and describe the very heart of those that proclaim them as being: "the doctrines of our Lord".

And yet, even so, there is hope, grace and mercy that awaits such ones, in Christ. For it is the Lord's good will to save and bring all to a correct understanding of the truth (1Tim 2:4). However, those truth's will come about through the refiner's fire, and like fullers' soap (Mal 3:2, Mar 9:49), but also tempered with mercy due to unbelief (Rom 11:32). It will be a fire of righteousness that will prepare such souls for the Refiner's Kingdom.
Well, Guru, in our differences it doesn't matter my heart condition. What matters is the Word of God, what it says!

I know we see things differently but I see no advantage to teaching UR! The love that Christ gave us on the Cross is what leads one to salvation. The scripture says that we are saved by Grace through faith, not Grace through love!

So we stand at odds with one another, wish we didn't, but it is what it is.

Old 08-08-2021, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Well, Guru, in our differences it doesn't matter my heart condition. What matters is the Word of God, what it says!

I know we see things differently but I see no advantage to teaching UR! The love that Christ gave us on the Cross is what leads one to salvation. The scripture says that we are saved by Grace through faith, not Grace through love!

So we stand at odds with one another, wish we didn't, but it is what it is.
you see no advantage in telling people that God cannot fail?

Old 08-08-2021, 01:38 PM

Quote:
you see no advantage in telling people that God cannot fail?
Not in the way you see Him as possibly failing! The answer to man's problem is not whether judgement is hell and eternal for all who don't know Him, but rather that He gave Himself that we might live!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity