Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2021, 07:08 AM

3,474 posts, read 1,006,182 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
I'm trying to figure out how this line of discussion is on topic. Not saying it shouldn't be discussed...but it is kind of a tangent to the OP.

It is in reality about hatred of Jehovah and His people, easy enough to see BF
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2021, 07:10 AM

3,474 posts, read 1,006,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
You can't have an honest discussion with a dishonest person.

Amen to this Dude, couldn't have said it better myself

Old 04-09-2021, 07:17 AM

4,466 posts, read 1,605,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highway54 View Post
(2 Corinthians 13:1) . . .. “On the testimony of two or three witnesses every matter must be established. . .
Thank you for acknowledging we obey God above men
And allow child molestation and rape to go unchecked in your ranks. You and your ilk are sickening. The worst of the worst.

Quote:
We obey God above men, so if you don't like God's laws take it up with Him. Me personally I see the wisdom in it.
The wisdom of allow children to be raped by their elders? To allow abusers and rapists the ability to freely choose their targets and get away it? That's certainly a take... But thank you for continuing to show the dark heart and non-thinking done by your cu... errr.... church.

Quote:
Thanks for acknowledging my obedience to God sir

All of us Christians put His word above your opinions.
You also thinks that he wants you to allow children and women within your ranks to be raped and abused without punishment... You and your ilk are sickening. Gross. Disturbed. If there is a God, you will be the first headed to hell.

Old 04-09-2021, 07:18 AM

16,670 posts, read 15,663,359 times
Quote:
Absolutely not. Most of us are simply opposed to allowing child sexual abuse and allowing people to die needlessly. Regardless of what you say, that has nothing to do with Jehovah, and nobody has said anything about hating Jehovah. Who do you think are "Jehovah's people?" I think there is a much wider definition than your post implies.

Old 04-09-2021, 07:18 AM

88,559 posts, read 84,738,350 times
Quote:
That's just silly. If people don't believe in Jehovah, how can they hate him? You're not making any sense here.

But yes, people ARE angry at the people who use "God said" as their excuse to mistreat or marginalize others. I do think some of you may honestly even believe that the Bible really is actually what God said, all logic and evidence to the contrary and despite the perspective of other Christians that if something smacks of meanness and harm to others, it can't possibly be of God. I'm also pretty sure that many keep their minds--and, especially, their hearts--completely blocked and closed off to considering that they might be wrong. A Bible in the hands of a person devoid of compassion is nothing but a weapon.

Old 04-09-2021, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Hating the beliefs that you hold (like women being second to men, allowing children and women to be raped with no consequences, all your many failed prophecies, your thought that you are better than the rest of us.... I could keep going?) because they make you a terrible person doesn't mean we "hate Jehovah and his people". It means we hate JW's (and others) who pervert religion and use it for abuse and control of weak minded individuals.

Old 04-09-2021, 09:41 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,352,130 times
Quote:
I think not, this is merely a portrait of self-righteousness; and a false claim of persecution in the name of your god.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
Absolutely not. Most of us are simply opposed to allowing child sexual abuse and allowing people to die needlessly. Regardless of what you say, that has nothing to do with Jehovah, and nobody has said anything about hating Jehovah. Who do you think are "Jehovah's people?" I think there is a much wider definition than your post implies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
That's just silly. If people don't believe in Jehovah, how can they hate him? You're not making any sense here.

But yes, people ARE angry at the people who use "God said" as their excuse to mistreat or marginalize others. I do think some of you may honestly even believe that the Bible really is actually what God said, all logic and evidence to the contrary and despite the perspective of other Christians that if something smacks of meanness and harm to others, it can't possibly be of God. I'm also pretty sure that many keep their minds--and, especially, their hearts--completely blocked and closed off to considering that they might be wrong. A Bible in the hands of a person devoid of compassion is nothing but a weapon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImissThe90's View Post
Hating the beliefs that you hold (like women being second to men, allowing children and women to be raped with no consequences, all your many failed prophecies, your thought that you are better than the rest of us.... I could keep going?) because they make you a terrible person doesn't mean we "hate Jehovah and his people". It means we hate JW's (and others) who pervert religion and use it for abuse and control of weak minded individuals.

Old 04-09-2021, 09:42 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,176,355 times
Thanks again to highway - Satan's little helper - for demonstrating the spiritual cancer that is the Jehovah Witness organization.

Keep on illustrating the rot that bloats the Watchtower and leeches out mindless, pus-filled minions to spread their virus throughout the internet.

Thankfully, normal people are immune, having been vaccinated with average intelligence, common sense and a morality that precludes letting children die of neglect and turning a blind eye to their being raped.

The Watchtower = Satan's workshop.

Old 04-09-2021, 10:22 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,352,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Thanks again to highway - Satan's little helper - for demonstrating the spiritual cancer that is the Jehovah Witness organization.

Keep on illustrating the rot that bloats the Watchtower and leeches out mindless, pus-filled minions to spread their virus throughout the internet.

Thankfully, normal people are immune, having been vaccinated with average intelligence, common sense and a morality that precludes letting children die of neglect and turning a blind eye to their being raped.

The Watchtower = Satan's workshop.
Or, watching and letting their spouse die - if it can be prevented.

A mother can bleed to death in childbirth within five minutes. But Terlizzi managed to hold on, as obstetric anesthesiologists carefully measured how much blood she was losing and gave her 26 units of blood products — effectively replacing all of the blood in her body.

California decided it was tired of women bleeding to death

Old 04-12-2021, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Or, watching and letting their spouse die - if it can be prevented.

A mother can bleed to death in childbirth within five minutes. But Terlizzi managed to hold on, as obstetric anesthesiologists carefully measured how much blood she was losing and gave her 26 units of blood products — effectively replacing all of the blood in her body.

California decided it was tired of women bleeding to death

I guess they just believe that God wanted them to die? Apparently using your brain and the tools that God has provided (in this case, doctors) isn't something they believe God wants them to do? Baffling to those of us with IQ's above room temp...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity