Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2020, 10:16 AM

846 posts, read 610,557 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
The apostles taught that each of the persons of the Godhead has a will, they are all God, they have all the characteristics that would describe them as being a separate person.

But they also were strict monotheists. They taught that there is ONLY one God. Not multiple Gods.

So the solution is that yes--they are all God, but they are all of the same essence. They are not all part of the essence of God, but they all fully contain all of the essence of God. They are all fully God.

Maybe they did lack the way to describe it, I don't know. But I do know that Jesus claimed to be God, the apostles taught he IS God, etc.
Yes. Like I said before. God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit are perfect. If all three are absolute and aligned they will always be in unison and in harmony; one God in 3 Persons.

Since God is perfect, it pretty much destroys many of the ideas on this forum. I guess that is why it is not brought up. I am still surprised (and saddened) to read just how many still follow man’s thought on God rather than God Himself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2020, 10:55 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,384,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJoe11 View Post
Yes. Like I said before. God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit are perfect. If all three are absolute and aligned they will always be in unison and in harmony; one God in 3 Persons.

Since God is perfect, it pretty much destroys many of the ideas on this forum. I guess that is why it is not brought up. I am still surprised (and saddened) to read just how many still follow man’s thought on God rather than God Himself.
He [the Christ] is not the Father, but in him dwells the fullness of the father himself.
In other words, it is not God the Son, rather the Son of God who was sent by the father.

There is no such thing as One god in three persons or a Trinitarian god with three heads.
I believe that is a Pagan concept which was adopted by the Roman Catholic Church that you follow.

Old 06-28-2020, 12:09 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,040,953 times
Quote:

Yes, he is perfect. So what's the issue?

Old 06-28-2020, 01:17 PM

63,867 posts, read 40,149,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
He [the Christ] is not the Father, but in him dwells the fullness of the father himself.
In other words, it is not God the Son, rather the Son of God who was sent by the father.

There is no such thing as One god in three persons or a Trinitarian god with three heads.
I believe that is a Pagan concept which was adopted by the Roman Catholic Church that you follow.

Old 06-28-2020, 01:25 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,320,738 times
Quote:

Old 06-28-2020, 03:51 PM

3,835 posts, read 1,388,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
That's okay, but I'd appreciate it if you'd define the terms, "mind, body, and spirit" for me so that we can get on the same state to start with. And is each of these "fully you" or just part of what constitutes "you"?
Just a quick response - sorry to confuse by throwing in my own personal remarks about 'mind, body, spirit' - this should not to be confused or mixed in in any way with the Churches exegesis/doctrine on the Trinity.
In raising/educating our own kiddos (homeschooling), we recognized these three aspects of each one of our own little ones, and endeavor carefully to nourish, grow, & challenge each, as is our responsibility as parents. Here 26 years later, we are seeing the fruits of this diligence - they are amazing and each unique individuals as adults.
No-this is NOT a universal 'comparison' to the Trinity, nor a justification nor a support in any way, and not trying to make it such. More-so a personal testimony of the human side fully realized!

Old 06-28-2020, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Yes, he is perfect. So what's the issue?
As I said I agree with you. And it is logical to say that Father, Son, and Spirit are all powerful, all knowing and perfect, they act and think the same. The 3 distinct Persons of the Godhead will always be in agreement and in unison because they are in the same essence.

Old 06-28-2020, 06:17 PM

28,103 posts, read 29,997,160 times
Quote:
As I said I agree with you. And it is logical to say that Father, Son, and Spirit are all powerful, all knowing and perfect, they act and think the same. The 3 distinct Persons of the Godhead will always be in agreement and in unison because they are in the same essence.
So, getting back to the topic of my OP, to a first-century Jewish convert to Christianity, the idea of "three persons in one essence" would have made zero sense. They simply didn't think in Greek philosophic terms. So were they at a disadvantage?

Old 06-29-2020, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
So, getting back to the topic of my OP, to a first-century Jewish convert to Christianity, the idea of "three persons in one essence" would have made zero sense. They simply didn't think in Greek philosophic terms. So were they at a disadvantage?
I don’t know whether your information is true. But we can read Scripture. The Pharisees claimed that Jesus called Himself Son of God. So, they had an understanding it appears. Paul refers to the Spirit and Jesus as God in several passages.

We say things like essence, Trinity, Godhead. But I think all these descriptions are incomplete. We are trying to define something that we cannot comprehend.

Old 06-29-2020, 10:58 AM

3,573 posts, read 1,180,136 times
Quote:

God act through emanations that cover issues in lower dimensions and can be understood by dwellers if those densities. E.g. Creator God, or Demiurge, emanation that deals with lower states of human consciousness on physical level. Per 1 Cor 2, natural, soul types worship Creator God because they are not capable to penetrate spiritual understanding.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity