Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2021, 03:26 PM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
Amen Brother! Don't lose that testimony, it is mighty in the taking down of the strong holds of darkness in this world. The world needs your testimony, it needs your faith in Christ!
If only you had the same faith in Christ instead of in the confused and contradictory mess that is in the Bible, Charlie. Jesus Christ's Holy Spirit of agape love is the standard of Truth you should be using, NOT the flawed and fallible words "written in ink" that you REFUSE to TEST against His Holy Spirit.

BTW, Basiliximab is a female.

Last edited by MysticPhD; 07-04-2021 at 03:40 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2021, 03:34 PM

4,483 posts, read 1,324,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
If only you had the same faith in Christ instead of in the confused and contradictory mess that is in the Bible, Charlie. Jesus Christ's Holy Spirit of agape love is the standard of Truth you should be using, NOT the flawed and fallible words "written in ink" that you REFUSE to TEST against His Holy Spirit.
A Christian that refers to the Bible as "the confused and contradictory mess."

Gonna really pull 'em in with that one, Mystic!

I'm sure God is proud of that testimony of faith in Him!

Old 07-04-2021, 04:12 PM

Quote:
You keep equating the Bible with GOD, Charlie. The Bible is NOT God! My faith is in God and His Son, Jesus the Word of God. Apparently, your faith is in the Bible. Why do you call yourself a Christian?

Old 07-04-2021, 04:19 PM

Quote:
You keep equating the Bible with GOD, Charlie. The Bible is NOT God! My faith is in God and His Son, Jesus the Word of God. Apparently, your faith is in the Bible. Why do you call yourself a Christian?
I've never heard anyone on this forum say that the scripture is Jesus or God. That's some of your crap!

I merely pointed out your total disregard for scripture calling yourself a Christian.

Anyone can see there is something seriously wrong with that, while the Atheists laugh at such stupidity.

Never one time in my life have I ever heard a Christian say the things that you say about the Holy Bible, never!

Old 07-04-2021, 04:35 PM

Quote:

Quote:
I've never heard anyone on this forum say that the scripture is Jesus or God. That's some of your crap!
Read your own quote, Charlie. You did just that! You equated my reference to the Bible as if it was a reference to God!!!
Quote:
I merely pointed out your total disregard for scripture calling yourself a Christian.
Again with this egregious lie! I do not disregard scripture, Charlie.. I make sure it IS scripture by testing it against what Jesus revealed and unambiguously demonstrated about God's Holy Spirit of agape love. If someone said something totally against your nature and character, would you trust that they knew you, Charlie????

Old 07-04-2021, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Read your own quote, Charlie. You did just that! You equated my reference to the Bible as if it was a reference to God!!! Again with this egregious lie! I do not disregard scripture, Charlie.. I make sure it IS scripture by testing it against what Jesus revealed and unambiguously demonstrated about God's Holy Spirit of agape love. If someone said something totally against your nature and character, would you trust that they knew you, Charlie????
You've got some problems, Mystic. Not going to push you any further.

It's time for us to take another time out before we say something we'll be sorry of.

Old 07-04-2021, 04:45 PM

3,220 posts, read 926,819 times
Quote:
Read your own quote, Charlie. You did just that! You equated my reference to the Bible as if it was a reference to God!!! Again with this egregious lie! I do not disregard scripture, Charlie.. I make sure it IS scripture by testing it against what Jesus revealed and unambiguously demonstrated about God's Holy Spirit of agape love. If someone said something totally against your nature and character, would you trust that they knew you, Charlie????
Your testing is a joke. The Holy Spirit does not say one thing to you and then tell it differently to another. Your Holy Spirit is a figment of your imagination. Just as your meditation is.

“The LORD is near to everyone who calls upon Him, who calls upon Him in truth.”

God’s word is truth as Jesus testified.

“Father, your word is truth.”

As scripture says; “Speak the truth to one another”....

Old 07-04-2021, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free4you View Post
“The LORD is near to everyone who calls upon Him, who calls upon Him in truth.”
God’s word is truth as Jesus testified.
“Father, your word is truth.”
As scripture says; “Speak the truth to one another”....
God's word is truth, but the problem is knowing WHAT IS AND IS NOT God's word! in my mind, a deluded parrot is in some ways almost worse than a sincere but misguided fundamentalist believer in the infallible Bible.

Old 07-04-2021, 05:33 PM

3,220 posts, read 926,819 times
Quote:
God's word is truth, but the problem is knowing WHAT IS AND IS NOT God's word! in my mind, a deluded parrot is in some ways almost worse than a sincere but misguided fundamentalist believer in the infallible Bible.
All the prophets are parrots. Even Jesus and we are proud of it. You’ll never see the kingdom of heaven until you believe in the parrots.

Old 03-28-2022, 12:31 PM

13,626 posts, read 7,954,764 times
"By what authority do You enter so solemnly into the Temple? By what authority do You teach? In the name of what power do You chase off the money changers? Only we can give You that authority, but we have not given it to You. Whence does it come?" These are questions that the scribes and priests have a right to ask. Jesus, however, does not give them any instruction on this point: "Neither will I tell you by what authority I do these things" (Luke 20:8). Instead, He reveals their bad faith and hypocrisy. Jesus is so easily understood by those with docile and humble spirits! The Samaritan woman, a sinner, speaks openly to Him about the Christ, and He says to her directly: "I who speak to you am He" (John 4:26).

When He does not respond in this straightforward manner, which is so fitting, it is because the men to whom He is speaking are not worthy... They had two witnesses: His word, and what was even stronger, His miracles. The eternal truth, which they poorly consulted, had nothing more to say to them and nothing more to do than to confound them before the people.

And we come to the same impasse when we question our own conscience about matters that are already plainly resolved: we are only seeking to trick the world or to trick ourselves. Let us cease to flatter ourselves. Let us stop seeking the expedients that will bring about our ruin. Let us break this dangerous and scandalous commerce by giving back the good we have wrongly acquired. Let us be faithful to the duties of our profession. Let us not retreat before the precepts of the Gospel, and let us certainly not seek the broad way that leads to perdition.

From Meditations for Lent by Bp. Jacques-Benigne Bossuet (1627-1704)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity