Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2021, 04:26 AM

8,039 posts, read 1,846,500 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Am I a Prophet View Post
But because something is a fruit of the Spirit does that mean that a person could not arrive at a decision to respect the same? Wouldn't you think that some would at least make an approximation of what they saw, like a cargo cult? What would God do with those who were so fascinated with Him that they did that? They would have seen something worthy to emulate. Do you think that God would assign that to some physical thing and not call it spiritual?

Yes, and that is not even to get into unbelievers who exhibited the sort of behavior and thought that God wanted man to have when He made us. Now, imagine how God sees us. He is our father. He can make exceptions. I'm sure He doesn't view man with pessimism. He can say that He will have to save this one as through fire! It will mean that the other workers who worked beside the lazy sluggard will complain, but God will be who God will be.
Jesus said that it is important to clean the inside of the cup and platter and not just to focus on the outside.

And the only way to be clean on the inside is through faith in Jesus Christ (walking in the light, 1 John 1:7).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2021, 06:28 AM

3,474 posts, read 1,008,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
Rom 2:4, Or despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance?

There are people here who are very blessed in spite of the fact that they reject Jesus Christ and what He did for them on the Cross.

God is showing them grace and mercy.

However, if they do not ever repent and give their heart to Christ, believing that He died for their sins personally,

There will come a moment (the moment of death) in which everything is going to come crashing down. They will be standing before the Lord at the Great White Throne Judgment.

If they are not saved by grace through faith (Ephesians 2:8-9), then their names will not be found written in the Lamb's Book of Life; and they will be cast into the lake of fire; which is the second death (Revelation 20:10-15).

I don't see any passage in scripture declaring that there is going to be a third resurrection in which people will be raised out of the second death. Therefore I conisder that the lake of fire will be their permanent "resting place".

Rest, schmest. "There shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth." (Matthew 13:41-42, 49-50).

It certainly does for many of us. When one really examines the wonderful way we are made, we cannot help but be moved by love for God.

Old 07-28-2021, 04:15 AM

8,039 posts, read 1,846,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Brainwashing or peer pressure? If his goodness leads to repentance, then fear tactics are unnecessary.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
How is it possible for anyone to miss something so obvious?
Mar 10:15, Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child, he shall not enter therein.

Old 07-28-2021, 03:13 PM

9,691 posts, read 10,027,043 times
I only heard the Spirit of God make one comment about the afterlife Which He said ``only the lost will lose their souls, people need the protection from God ``................ So finding Jesus by His ways is the only plan and repentance gets you like God

Old 07-28-2021, 03:38 PM

40 posts, read 17,777 times
Please tell me, does everyone appear before the judgment seat of Christ when they die? (2Cor.5:10)
Or is that just for believers for rewards in heaven?

Old 07-28-2021, 03:56 PM

33,266 posts, read 26,477,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rezar View Post
Please tell me, does everyone appear before the judgment seat of Christ when they die? (2Cor.5:10)
Or is that just for believers for rewards in heaven?
The judgment seat of Christ mentioned in 1 Cor. 3:12-15 and 2 Cor. 5:10 is for believers only and is for the purpose of being evaluated for rewards. Whether that judgment takes place individually for each believer as soon as he dies or takes place collectively for all church-age believers after the rapture of the church may be debatable.

The great white throne judgment which takes place at the end of the Millennial kingdom appears to be for unbelievers only. (Rev. 20:11-15).

There is also the judgment of the nations (Matthew 25:32-46) which takes place when Jesus returns at the end of the Tribulation and before he establishes his Millennial kingdom. At that judgment the 'sheep' - believers will go into the kingdom while the 'goats' - unbelievers will be sent into what Matthew 25:41 calls the 'eternal fire' which is the lake fire. I don't believe the 'fire' is a literal fire but stands for judgment.

Old 07-28-2021, 05:27 PM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Brainwashing or peer pressure? If his goodness leads to repentance, then fear tactics are unnecessary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
How is it possible for anyone to miss something so obvious?
They aren't thinking. They are responding to rote indoctrination. The doctrine is so messed up with rationalizations and carnal-minded misunderstanding it is a true Gordian knot.

Old 07-28-2021, 05:55 PM

3,831 posts, read 1,386,018 times
Quote:

Old 07-28-2021, 06:05 PM

40 posts, read 17,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Way View Post
The judgment seat of Christ mentioned in 1 Cor. 3:12-15 and 2 Cor. 5:10 is for believers only and is for the purpose of being evaluated for rewards. Whether that judgment takes place individually for each believer as soon as he dies or takes place collectively for all church-age believers after the rapture of the church may be debatable.

The great white throne judgment which takes place at the end of the Millennial kingdom appears to be for unbelievers only. (Rev. 20:11-15).

There is also the judgment of the nations (Matthew 25:32-46) which takes place when Jesus returns at the end of the Tribulation and before he establishes his Millennial kingdom. At that judgment the 'sheep' - believers will go into the kingdom while the 'goats' - unbelievers will be sent into what Matthew 25:41 calls the 'eternal fire' which is the lake fire. I don't believe the 'fire' is a literal fire but stands for judgment.

Thank you for clearing up Corinthians for me. I think it would have to be individually because everyone dies at different times.

The rest of your post I can't agree with because I call myself a full preterist.

Old 07-28-2021, 07:48 PM

3,220 posts, read 926,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I would say it more strongly than that. Without being in the states of mind of God's Holy Spirit of agape love as often as possible we are NOT leading a holy life.
Foolishness. Trying make God’s love look like your imagination.

There is no Holy Spirit of agape love taught in scripture. None.

God has a way of listening to the righteous. He reveals Himself to those who walk in humility and mercy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity