Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2021, 11:33 AM

4,483 posts, read 1,324,301 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
You keep pretending that I question God's power to protect His word, but I am not. I question that He violated His Sovereign Will giving us Dominion by doing so. If He had done so the original words in stone would have ensured all the mitzvot in the Mosaic Laws would have been enough. The fact that Jesus and a New Covenant were needed tells me He did no such thing, Charlie.
So God made a mistake by giving the authors the privilege to pen His words?

It's just getting worse, Mystic! Digging the hole deeper and deeper!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2021, 11:43 AM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
So God made a mistake by giving the authors the privilege to pen His words?
It's just getting worse, Mystic! Digging the hole deeper and deeper!
No, Charlie, ALL mistakes were made by ignorant MEN exercising their free will, period.

Old 07-29-2021, 11:50 AM

Quote:
No, Charlie, ALL mistakes were made by ignorant MEN exercising their free will, period.
Oh yeah, about wore that shovel out, going to need a new one!

Old 07-29-2021, 11:52 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,376,582 times
Quote:
Quote:
Oh yeah, about wore that shovel out, going to need a new one!
But you keep stepping in it?

Old 07-29-2021, 01:56 PM

40 posts, read 17,782 times
Quote:
Well this is going to break the boredom around here with a full preterist.

Haven't talked to one of you guys in a while. Start a new thread and tell us if anything noteworthy has changed with the preterists, just about anything from a preterist will start an argument, lol.

Anyway, welcome to the crowd, let us know what's on your mind!

Yes, preterism usually starts an argument. Soon as I am bored I will challenge any futuristic friend that bases our future on REVELATION - a book of prophecy that most have no wisdom about! (not even a clue!)

Old 07-29-2021, 02:51 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,376,582 times
Quote:
Jerwade, the Lord let me know He wasn't pleased with shutting you out on ignore. So I have no choice but to end that, even though I disagree with every single word of your past, present, and I'm sure future posts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
The Psalms were the hymnbook of the Old Testament Jews, there were No New Testament letters at that time.

You know, that which you call the whole Bible?

Then, go back and actually answer the questions which you had refused to answer?

Surely, you will do that! LMAO
Quote:
There's always a question to answer for you, Jerwade.

I found it to be tedious and useless, a waste of time, casting pearls to swine, casting the bread to the dogs, with no ability to comprehend the truth!

But that's just my opinion.
Quote:
You are correct, that is merely your opinion, which has no merit. Again, flapping your gums with nonsense.
Quote:
With good reason, my dear Jerwade!
Quote:
I have witnessed the ignorance - if you are calling that a good reason for your opinions?
Quote:
Thank you, Jerwade! Always a pleasure!
Question dodging? Is a rhetorical technique - involving the intentional avoidance of answering questions.

Old 07-29-2021, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Question dodging? Is a rhetorical technique - involving the intentional avoidance of answering questions.
Lord have mercy, Jerwade! I think I hurt myself at the dinner table.

Fried chicken, mushroom gravy with big chunks of mushrooms over Asian rice, fried squash, candied yams, and biscuits. I feel my eyes drawing shut!

Old 07-29-2021, 07:15 PM

3,220 posts, read 926,819 times
Quote:
I glorify Jesus and His Father as the Truth. You glorify the scriptures as the Truth. I like my chances.
Foolishness.

Jesus said the Father’s word is truth. You twist scripture to line up with your so called mystical revelation.

Jesus also said that those who act in truth seek the glory of God of course truth being God’s word.

Jesus also said God’s spirit is His word.

So if His word is in you and you use it as Jesus demonstrated unambiguously then you will live because God’s word is life.

Your chances are zero.

I know for a fact 110% that what I have been taught is pure. Jesus taught me because I keep God’s commandments the ones you reject.

John 17:1 After Jesus had spoken these words, he looked up to heaven and said, "Father, the hour has come; glorify your Son so that the Son may glorify you, 2 since you have given him authority over all people, to give eternal life to all whom you have given him. 3 And this is eternal life, that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom you have sent. 4 I glorified you on earth by finishing the work that you gave me to do. 5 So now, Father, glorify me in your own presence with the glory that I had in your presence before the world existed. 6 "I have made your name known to those whom you gave me from the world. They were yours, and you gave them to me, and they have kept your word. 7 Now they know that everything you have given me is from you; 8 for the words that you gave to me I have given to them, and they have received them and know in truth that I came from you; and they have believed that you sent me. 9 I am asking on their behalf; I am not asking on behalf of the world, but on behalf of those whom you gave me, because they are yours. 10 All mine are yours, and yours are mine; and I have been glorified in them. 11 And now I am no longer in the world, but they are in the world, and I am coming to you. Holy Father, protect them in your name that you have given me, so that they may be one, as we are one. 12 While I was with them, I protected them in your name that you have given me. I guarded them, and not one of them was lost except the one destined to be lost, so that the scripture might be fulfilled. 13 But now I am coming to you, and I speak these things in the world so that they may have my joy made complete in themselves. 14 I have given them your word, and the world has hated them because they do not belong to the world, just as I do not belong to the world. 15 I am not asking you to take them out of the world, but I ask you to protect them from the evil one. 16 They do not belong to the world, just as I do not belong to the world. 17 Sanctify them in the truth; your word is truth. 18 As you have sent me into the world, so I have sent them into the world. 19 And for their sakes I sanctify myself, so that they also may be sanctified in truth. 20 "I ask not only on behalf of these, but also on behalf of those who will believe in me through their word, 21 that they may all be one. As you, Father, are in me and I am in you, may they also be in us, so that the world may believe that you have sent me. 22 The glory that you have given me I have given them, so that they may be one, as we are one, 23 I in them and you in me, that they may become completely one, so that the world may know that you have sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me. 24 Father, I desire that those also, whom you have given me, may be with me where I am, to see my glory, which you have given me because you loved me before the foundation of the world. 25 "Righteous Father, the world does not know you, but I know you; and these know that you have sent me. 26 I made your name known to them, and I will make it known, so that the love with which you have loved me may be in them, and I in them."

Old 07-29-2021, 07:32 PM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Free4you View Post
Foolishness.

Jesus said the Father’s word is truth. You twist scripture to line up with your so called mystical revelation.

Jesus also said that those who act in truth seek the glory of God of course truth being God’s word.

Jesus also said God’s spirit is His word.

So if His word is in you and you use it as Jesus demonstrated unambiguously then you will live because God’s word is life.

Your chances are zero.

I know for a fact 110% that what I have been taught is pure. Jesus taught me because I keep God’s commandments the ones you reject.

John 17:1 After Jesus had spoken these words, he looked up to heaven and said, "Father, the hour has come; glorify your Son so that the Son may glorify you, 2 since you have given him authority over all people, to give eternal life to all whom you have given him. 3 And this is eternal life, that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom you have sent. 4 I glorified you on earth by finishing the work that you gave me to do. 5 So now, Father, glorify me in your own presence with the glory that I had in your presence before the world existed. 6 "I have made your name known to those whom you gave me from the world. They were yours, and you gave them to me, and they have kept your word. 7 Now they know that everything you have given me is from you; 8 for the words that you gave to me I have given to them, and they have received them and know in truth that I came from you; and they have believed that you sent me. 9 I am asking on their behalf; I am not asking on behalf of the world, but on behalf of those whom you gave me, because they are yours. 10 All mine are yours, and yours are mine; and I have been glorified in them. 11 And now I am no longer in the world, but they are in the world, and I am coming to you. Holy Father, protect them in your name that you have given me, so that they may be one, as we are one. 12 While I was with them, I protected them in your name that you have given me. I guarded them, and not one of them was lost except the one destined to be lost, so that the scripture might be fulfilled. 13 But now I am coming to you, and I speak these things in the world so that they may have my joy made complete in themselves. 14 I have given them your word, and the world has hated them because they do not belong to the world, just as I do not belong to the world. 15 I am not asking you to take them out of the world, but I ask you to protect them from the evil one. 16 They do not belong to the world, just as I do not belong to the world. 17 Sanctify them in the truth; your word is truth. 18 As you have sent me into the world, so I have sent them into the world. 19 And for their sakes I sanctify myself, so that they also may be sanctified in truth. 20 "I ask not only on behalf of these, but also on behalf of those who will believe in me through their word, 21 that they may all be one. As you, Father, are in me and I am in you, may they also be in us, so that the world may believe that you have sent me. 22 The glory that you have given me I have given them, so that they may be one, as we are one, 23 I in them and you in me, that they may become completely one, so that the world may know that you have sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me. 24 Father, I desire that those also, whom you have given me, may be with me where I am, to see my glory, which you have given me because you loved me before the foundation of the world. 25 "Righteous Father, the world does not know you, but I know you; and these know that you have sent me. 26 I made your name known to them, and I will make it known, so that the love with which you have loved me may be in them, and I in them."
I have been surprised many times in my life but never more surprised than I was to realize you actually think THE ONE THING OUR ALMIGHTY GOD WANTS FROM US IS TO PARROT HIS WORDS!!!! You are definitely One-of-a-kind!!!

Old 07-29-2021, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezar View Post
Yes, preterism usually starts an argument. Soon as I am bored I will challenge any futuristic friend that bases our future on REVELATION - a book of prophecy that most have no wisdom about! (not even a clue!)
So you have some experience in arguing the preterist way?

I'll look forward to that challenge, that's just my game!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity