Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2021, 08:38 PM

4,483 posts, read 1,324,301 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezar View Post
Thank you for clearing up Corinthians for me. I think it would have to be individually because everyone dies at different times.

The rest of your post I can't agree with because I call myself a full preterist.
Well this is going to break the boredom around here with a full preterist.

Haven't talked to one of you guys in a while. Start a new thread and tell us if anything noteworthy has changed with the preterists, just about anything from a preterist will start an argument, lol.

Anyway, welcome to the crowd, let us know what's on your mind!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2021, 09:00 PM

63,844 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Free4you View Post
Foolishness. Trying to make God’s love look like your imagination.
My imagination has nothing to do with it, but Jesus's unambiguous demonstration of God's Holy Spirit of agape love is unmistakable. Sorry, you seem to have missed it in your self-absorbed journey to become the Son of Man.
Quote:
There is no Holy Spirit of agape love taught in scripture. None.
Jesus IS the Holy Spirit of agape love as is His Father. You also seem to have missed that part of Jesus's revelations.

Old 07-28-2021, 09:40 PM

3,220 posts, read 926,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
My imagination has nothing to do with it, but Jesus's unambiguous demonstration of God's Holy Spirit of agape love is unmistakable. Sorry, you seem to have missed it in your self-absorbed journey to become the Son of Man. Jesus IS the Holy Spirit of agape love as is His Father. You also seem to have missed that part of Jesus's revelations.
Nonsense. Put down the verses.

The Spirit of truth speaks what he hears as Jesus and all the prophets did. He takes from what belongs to the son and the Father and declares it.

Sounds like who?

“When he comes the Spirit of truth he will guide you to all truth. He will not speak on his own but speak what he hears and declare to you the things that are to come. He will glorify me because he will take from what is mine and declare it to you.” (Bk John)

Old 07-28-2021, 09:50 PM

63,844 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Free4you View Post
“When he comes the Spirit of truth he will guide you to all truth. He will not speak on his own but speak what he hears and declare to you the things that are to come. He will glorify me because he will take from what is mine and declare it to you.” (Bk John)
I glorify Jesus and His Father as the Truth. You glorify the scriptures as the Truth. I like my chances.

Old 07-28-2021, 10:19 PM

Quote:
I glorify Jesus and His Father as the Truth. You glorify the scriptures as the Truth. I like my chances.
No faith whatsoever the scripture has been preserved for us. That is beyond pitiful!

It's making the Holy Spirit a liar is what it's doing!

Psalm 12:6-7

"The words of the Lord are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.

Thou shalt keep them, O Lord, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever."

But Mystic says no, they can't be trusted!

Old 07-29-2021, 01:12 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,376,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
No faith whatsoever the scripture has been preserved for us. That is beyond pitiful!

It's making the Holy Spirit a liar is what it's doing!

Psalm 12:6-7

"The words of the Lord are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.

Thou shalt keep them, O Lord, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever."

But Mystic says no, they can't be trusted!
Please, have JBF put that to music, a song or hymn, using his guitar.
It has nothing to do with the Bible being preserved for (us) everyone.

Old 07-29-2021, 03:04 AM

8,039 posts, read 1,847,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rezar View Post
Please tell me, does everyone appear before the judgment seat of Christ when they die? (2Cor.5:10)
Or is that just for believers for rewards in heaven?
The bema seat is for believers only; everyone else will also stand before Christ at the GWT judgment.

Quote:

They aren't thinking. They are responding to rote indoctrination. The doctrine is so messed up with rationalizations and carnal-minded misunderstanding it is a true Gordian knot.
Those who believe in Jesus, believe in sound doctrine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
I actually did that, quite some time ago.

But of course that scripture makes the claim, by and for the Bible, that the Bible is a pure and holy construct.

Old 07-29-2021, 05:50 AM

Quote:
Isaiah 28:13

"But the word of the Lord was unto them precept upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little; that they might go, and fall backward, and be broken, and snared, and taken."

Old 07-29-2021, 06:04 AM

Quote:

"But the word of the Lord was unto them precept upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little; that they might go, and fall backward, and be broken, and snared, and taken."
Jerwade, the Lord let me know He wasn't pleased with shutting you out on ignore. So I have no choice but to end that, even though I disagree with every single word of your past, present, and I'm sure future posts.

Old 07-29-2021, 08:37 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,376,582 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
I actually did that, quite some time ago.

But of course that scripture makes the claim, by and for the Bible, that the Bible is a pure and holy construct.
Quote:

The Psalms were the hymnbook of the Old Testament Jews, there were No New Testament letters at that time.

You know, that which you call the whole Bible?

Quote:
Jerwade, the Lord let me know He wasn't pleased with shutting you out on ignore. So I have no choice but to end that, even though I disagree with every single word of your past, present, and I'm sure future posts.
Then, go back and actually answer the questions which you had refused to answer?

Surely, you will do that! LMAO
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity