Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2021, 09:15 PM

63,785 posts, read 40,053,123 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCCyou View Post

Where do you see God with you?
Don't ask potentially embarrassing questions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2021, 11:45 AM

3,824 posts, read 1,378,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
Not me specifically or only
I do see the church is a major part of the creation of God
That is my focus on this thread
I like your post/topic. Just trying to dig deeper.
In my NDE experience, I had revelation of God personally communicating with us through nearly every person we encounter, we (I) just never realize(ed) it.

Certainly in the scriptures - just have to see past mans language into what God is saying.
John has my interest right now - notice how sections begin '...the next day' , '...the next day', and '...on the third day...' , and '...since the Passover was near' '... and after this', and '...After the two days'...
Kinda like a divine heart-beat....

Also from your post, 'Alpha & Omega' ;; in many places (scripture) I see Him also showing us the 'ending from the beginning' -

Old 07-29-2021, 12:16 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,349,449 times
I see Christ Jesus as being crucified between two thieves: The mistakes of yesterday and fears of tomorrow.

Often times, there is too much focus on the beginning and end with an avoidance of the here and now.

Old 07-29-2021, 01:57 PM

11,895 posts, read 3,687,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCCyou View Post
I like your post/topic. Just trying to dig deeper.
In my NDE experience, I had revelation of God personally communicating with us through nearly every person we encounter, we (I) just never realize(ed) it.

Certainly in the scriptures - just have to see past mans language into what God is saying.
John has my interest right now - notice how sections begin '...the next day' , '...the next day', and '...on the third day...' , and '...since the Passover was near' '... and after this', and '...After the two days'...
Kinda like a divine heart-beat....

Also from your post, 'Alpha & Omega' ;; in many places (scripture) I see Him also showing us the 'ending from the beginning' -
You are actually the first person I have come across who seems to be “seeing” what I “see” at this “level”

I see those timing phrases all through Scripture as well (and have done for a long time) and yes I believe John is that centre (heartbeat) his gospel starts from the beginning (Genesis)

At that time.... in those days..... until this day

But with me its not just the timing that “jumps” out, it will also be types and colours and names and regions, etc and also what I see it is not limited to the Holy Scriptures but is “seeded” in all the early religious, theological, philosophical writings

My reading has taken me to a diverse range of material, early church writings and the Ancient Greek, Roman writers and I find the same signals, signs, words, concepts scattered throughout

The Holy Scriptures to me are encyclopaedic in nature, highly symbolised and the references to those days are at a “high” level

it is hard to condense the thoughts into writing or explain when I’m well aware that the things I am seeing in the writings are “reading between the lines” and there are so many of them, so you will have to bear with me

Old 07-29-2021, 02:12 PM

63,785 posts, read 40,053,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
You are actually the first person I have come across who seems to be “seeing” what I “see” at this “level”
I see those timing phrases all through Scripture as well (and have done for a long time) and yes I believe John is that centre (heartbeat) his gospel starts from the beginning (Genesis)

At that time.... in those days..... until this day

But with me its not just the timing that “jumps” out, it will also be types and colours and names and regions, etc and also what I see it is not limited to the Holy Scriptures but is “seeded” in all the early religious, theological, philosophical writings

My reading has taken me to a diverse range of material, early church writings and the Ancient Greek, Roman writers and I find the same signals, signs, words, concepts scattered throughout

The Holy Scriptures to me are encyclopaedic in nature, highly symbolised and the references to those days are at a “high” level

it is hard to condense the thoughts into writing or explain when I’m well aware that the things I am seeing in the writings are “reading between the lines” and there are so many of them, so you will have to bear with me
You aren't wrong to"read between the lines," Meerkat.

Old 07-29-2021, 02:27 PM

154 posts, read 74,683 times
How is it that outside of the historical Orthodox Church narrative (accepted by all Christian denominations, no matter how anti-Vatican they are) there is not a single shred of evidence that anyone named Paul wrote any letters to any Christian communities or that they received such letters. For that matter there isn't a shred of evidence that any such communities even existed anywhere in the 1st century OUTSIDE of the Church's one-sided narrative of history.

Old 07-29-2021, 02:41 PM

11,895 posts, read 3,687,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duvduv View Post
How is it that outside of the historical Orthodox Church narrative (accepted by all Christian denominations, no matter how anti-Vatican they are) there is not a single shred of evidence that anyone named Paul wrote any letters to any Christian communities or that they received such letters. For that matter there isn't a shred of evidence that any such communities even existed anywhere in the 1st century OUTSIDE of the Church's one-sided narrative of history.
That’s not the topic of this thread

Old 07-29-2021, 02:52 PM

7,530 posts, read 3,021,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
You aren't wrong to"read between the lines," Meerkat.
Reading between the lines is the realm of Spirit. One can focus on the red letters and black letters, and completely miss the white spaces where the Living God speaks in wind words of His life.

Old 07-29-2021, 03:44 PM

3,573 posts, read 1,175,285 times
let us try example of reading of Paul's . Say Romans 1:
'Servant of Christ Jesus' indicates that letter addressed to pneumatic element of 1 Cor 2,
Paul, chosen apostle, 'Jesus Christ our Lord; -this part indicates addressing to 'natural' element
of 1 Cor 2. 'including you who are called to belong to Jesus Christ,' - still addressed to 'natural' element. 'saint' indicates pneumatic element. "I serve with my spirit in the gospel of his Son, that without ceasing I mention you
'I thank my God through Jesus Christ' again addressed to natural element, that lacks of spirit. -
'impart to you some spiritual gift to strengthen you—'
we may be mutually' both natural and spiritual elements..., e.t.c. reading Paul.

Old 07-29-2021, 04:08 PM

154 posts, read 74,683 times
The thread assumes the veracity of the letters and teachings of Paul. Yet there is no evidence that it is factual at all. That's all I meant to say.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity