Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2021, 04:11 PM

11,895 posts, read 3,687,881 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Duval View Post
let us try example of reading of Paul's . Say Romans 1:
'Servant of Christ Jesus' indicates that letter addressed to pneumatic element of 1 Cor 2,
Paul, chosen apostle, 'Jesus Christ our Lord; -this part indicates addressing to 'natural' element
of 1 Cor 2. 'including you who are called to belong to Jesus Christ,' - still addressed to 'natural' element. 'saint' indicates pneumatic element. "I serve with my spirit in the gospel of his Son, that without ceasing I mention you
'I thank my God through Jesus Christ' again addressed to natural element, that lacks of spirit. -
'impart to you some spiritual gift to strengthen you—'
we may be mutually' both natural and spiritual elements..., e.t.c. reading Paul.
Yes there are different levels and types

And depending what level you are at, and what type, that will determine what you see/perceive/understand relating to the time/season

these things were from the beginning and are written to specific types/ministers/assemblies which have used them at their own time/generation/season fulfilling the things “written/recorded”

Last edited by Meerkat2; 07-29-2021 at 04:45 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2021, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duvduv View Post
The thread assumes the veracity of the letters and teachings of Paul. Yet there is no evidence that it is factual at all. That's all I meant to say.
Yes it does, I’m interested in discussing with people the meaning and connection in the writings which coincide/relate to other Scriptural writings - not in debating if they are “Scripture”

And my focus is on the grace and peace there

You can start another thread if you want to debate if they are factual

Last edited by Meerkat2; 07-29-2021 at 04:22 PM..

Old 07-29-2021, 06:43 PM

3,573 posts, read 1,175,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duvduv View Post
How is it that outside of the historical Orthodox Church narrative (accepted by all Christian denominations, no matter how anti-Vatican they are) there is not a single shred of evidence that anyone named Paul wrote any letters to any Christian communities or that they received such letters. For that matter there isn't a shred of evidence that any such communities even existed anywhere in the 1st century OUTSIDE of the Church's one-sided narrative of history.
Chronology of the Valentinian School - Valentinus and the Valentinian Tradition
c. 60 Theudas a disciple of Paul.

Old 11-28-2022, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Way View Post
Hi Meerkat. Pertaining to the verses concerning Paul what exactly are you being drawn to? Is it the fact that Paul is expressing God's grace and/or peace to the recipients of his letters? How does timing and placement apply to these verses? I'm just trying to understand what you are trying to convey.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
It’s actually hard for some things to be put in words

Yes it does have to do with the grace and peace which is to the churches that are built upon the rock

And which is set apart or “dedicated” for Gods work in creation

And the timing and placement has to with us collectively (Jews, gentile, Romans, barbarian, etc) correctly understanding/seeing/perceiving the dimensional nature of the kingdom which is composite, the same as individuals are composite spirit/flesh having soul
I was thinking of the purpose of Christianity in relation to Abraham as the Father of many nations when replying to Turbosixx in the thread Roman’s 4 and thought of this thread

What struck me then (and still does) is the same formula of grace and peace are like bookmarks, the beginning and end, with tribulation and division and diversity written about in between them

Last edited by Meerkat2; 11-28-2022 at 01:21 PM..

Old 11-28-2022, 04:29 PM

63,785 posts, read 40,053,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Duval View Post
Gnosticism is a natural outgrowth of the two disparate descriptions of the nature of God we call the OT and the NT. Our ancestors did not recognize that only the descriptions were disparate, NOT the God who is being described. The stark differences between the God of Jesus and the God of our ancestors are why the Gnostics believed in two different Gods - one good and one evil!

Our ancestors had very primitive and unsophisticated minds. Different descriptions HAD to mean different Gods. But their notion of soulish (Carnal minds) and pneumatics(Spiritual minds) is accurate. It is the main problem Jesus had communicating the True Nature of God to our ancestors who were VERY carnal-minded and terrified of Spirits!! Sadly, the carnal minds won out over the spiritual during the early years and they have been dominant for over two millennia.

Old 11-29-2022, 03:39 PM

676 posts, read 203,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Gnosticism is a natural outgrowth of the two disparate descriptions of the nature of God we call the OT and the NT. Our ancestors did not recognize that only the descriptions were disparate, NOT the God who is being described. The stark differences between the God of Jesus and the God of our ancestors are why the Gnostics believed in two different Gods - one good and one evil!

Our ancestors had very primitive and unsophisticated minds. Different descriptions HAD to mean different Gods. But their notion of soulish (Carnal minds) and pneumatics(Spiritual minds) is accurate. It is the main problem Jesus had communicating the True Nature of God to our ancestors who were VERY carnal-minded and terrified of Spirits!! Sadly, the carnal minds won out over the spiritual during the early years and they have been dominant for over two millennia.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity