Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2021, 04:37 PM

11,895 posts, read 3,687,881 times

Advertisements

I am drawn to timing, placement and relationships in the Scriptures and this is something I am drawn to at the moment

Rom 1:7**To all that be in Rome, beloved of God, called to be saints: Grace to you and peace from God our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ.
Rom 16:24**The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.

1Co 1:3**Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ.
1Co 16:23**The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you.
2Co 1:2**Grace be to you and peace from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ.
2Co 13:14**The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all. Amen.

Gal 1:3**Grace be to you and peace from God the Father, and from our Lord Jesus Christ,
Gal 6:18**Brethren, the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit. Amen.

Eph 1:2**Grace be to you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ.
Eph 6:23**Peace be to the brethren, and love with faith, from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
Eph 6:24**Grace be with all them that love our Lord Jesus Christ in sincerity. Amen.

Php 1:2**Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ.
Php 4:23**The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.

Col 1:2**To the saints and faithful brethren in Christ which are at Colosse: Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
Col 4:18**The salutation by the hand of me Paul. Remember my bonds. Grace be with you. Amen.

1Th 1:1**Paul, and Silvanus, and Timotheus, unto the church of the Thessalonians which is in God the Father and in the Lord Jesus Christ: Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ.
1Th 5:28**The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you. Amen.

Etc, etc

And in Johns revelation we have this

Rev 22:12**And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.
Rev 22:13**I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.
Rev 22:14**Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

For me quality is the highest, the first/priority to be striven for, sought after - that has been “formulated” for others to build upon, in their own “generations”

Mat 1:21**And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.
Mat 1:22**Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying,
Mat 1:23**Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

Last edited by Meerkat2; 07-27-2021 at 04:51 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2021, 06:04 PM

33,225 posts, read 26,422,483 times
Hi Meerkat. Pertaining to the verses concerning Paul what exactly are you being drawn to? Is it the fact that Paul is expressing God's grace and/or peace to the recipients of his letters? How does timing and placement apply to these verses? I'm just trying to understand what you are trying to convey.

Old 07-27-2021, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Way View Post
Hi Meerkat. Pertaining to the verses concerning Paul what exactly are you being drawn to? Is it the fact that Paul is expressing God's grace and/or peace to the recipients of his letters? How does timing and placement apply to these verses? I'm just trying to understand what you are trying to convey.
It’s actually hard for some things to be put in words

Yes it does have to do with the grace and peace which is to the churches that are built upon the rock

And which is set apart or “dedicated” for Gods work in creation

And the timing and placement has to with us collectively (Jews, gentile, Romans, barbarian, etc) correctly understanding/seeing/perceiving the dimensional nature of the kingdom which is composite, the same as individuals are composite spirit/flesh having soul

Old 07-27-2021, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
It’s actually hard for some things to be put in words

Yes it does have to do with the grace and peace which is to the churches that are built upon the rock

And which is set apart or “dedicated” for Gods work in creation

And the timing and placement has to with us collectively (Jews, gentile, Romans, barbarian, etc) correctly understanding/seeing/perceiving the dimensional nature of the kingdom which is composite, the same as individuals are composite spirit/flesh having soul
While God has always been gracious to mankind . . . the word 'lovingkindness' in the Old Testament seems to characterize God's grace, God's grace is more clearly seen in the New Testament. The Bible actually alludes to different categories of grace. Common grace which all people, whether believers or not are the recipients of, grace pertaining to the believer, and greater grace for those who advance to or are advancing to spiritual maturity.

The way my first pastor-teacher explained it was that grace is the attitude and policy of God toward fallen mankind made possible by Jesus' work on the cross. Because of Jesus' redemptive work on the cross God is free to express his grace toward a fallen race without compromising his perfect character. I still see it that way.

Don't forget 'church.' Jews and Gentiles are two different peoples, and 'church' is yet another people which is composed of both Jews and Gentiles . . .a new creation . . .a new man. And I think that would fit into your view of timing and placement in that it involves the concept of different dispensations in human history. The biblical revelation that God deals with different peoples (Gentiles, Jews, Church) in different ways at different times in human history. First there were Gentiles, then there were Jews, and now there is Church. Church doesn't permanently replace Israel, but for now the Church is on the front burner as it were, but Israel has a future in which it will be at the forefront in the future Millennial kingdom which Jesus will establish when he returns.

I don't know how much you agree with the above, but that's the way I understand it.

Old 07-27-2021, 08:14 PM

4,483 posts, read 1,319,170 times
Quote:
While God has always been gracious to mankind . . . the word 'lovingkindness' in the Old Testament seems to characterize God's grace, God's grace is more clearly seen in the New Testament. The Bible actually alludes to different categories of grace. Common grace which all people, whether believers or not are the recipients of, grace pertaining to the believer, and greater grace for those who advance to or are advancing to spiritual maturity.

The way my first pastor-teacher explained it was that grace is the attitude and policy of God toward fallen mankind made possible by Jesus' work on the cross. Because of Jesus' redemptive work on the cross God is free to express his grace toward a fallen race without compromising his perfect character. I still see it that way.

Don't forget 'church.' Jews and Gentiles are two different peoples, and 'church' is yet another people which is composed of both Jews and Gentiles . . .a new creation . . .a new man. And I think that would fit into your view of timing and placement in that it involves the concept of different dispensations in human history. The biblical revelation that God deals with different peoples (Gentiles, Jews, Church) in different ways at different times in human history. First there were Gentiles, then there were Jews, and now there is Church. Church doesn't permanently replace Israel, but for now the Church is on the front burner as it were, but Israel has a future in which it will be at the forefront in the future Millennial kingdom which Jesus will establish when he returns.

I don't know how much you agree with the above, but that's the way I understand it.
You have at least one person who agrees with you, Michael. That is exactly how I see it.

I couldn't have said it any better!

Old 07-27-2021, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
You have at least one person who agrees with you, Michael. That is exactly how I see it.

I couldn't have said it any better!
Well then. That's one thing we agree on.

Old 07-27-2021, 08:21 PM

4,483 posts, read 1,319,170 times
Quote:
Well then. That's one thing we agree on.
If we agree on that and we do, there's much more we agree on, guaranteed.

Old 07-27-2021, 09:46 PM

Quote:

I see it pretty much the same way Mike

Different administrations and levels pertaining to the one kingdom

Old 07-28-2021, 08:56 PM

3,824 posts, read 1,378,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
I am drawn to timing, placement and relationships in the Scriptures and this is something I am drawn to at the moment

Rom 1:7**To all that be in Rome, beloved of God, called to be saints: Grace to you and peace from God our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ.
Rom 16:24**The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.

1Co 1:3**Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ.
1Co 16:23**The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you.
2Co 1:2**Grace be to you and peace from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ.
2Co 13:14**The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all. Amen.

Gal 1:3**Grace be to you and peace from God the Father, and from our Lord Jesus Christ,
Gal 6:18**Brethren, the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit. Amen.

Eph 1:2**Grace be to you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ.
Eph 6:23**Peace be to the brethren, and love with faith, from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
Eph 6:24**Grace be with all them that love our Lord Jesus Christ in sincerity. Amen.

Php 1:2**Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ.
Php 4:23**The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.

Col 1:2**To the saints and faithful brethren in Christ which are at Colosse: Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
Col 4:18**The salutation by the hand of me Paul. Remember my bonds. Grace be with you. Amen.

1Th 1:1**Paul, and Silvanus, and Timotheus, unto the church of the Thessalonians which is in God the Father and in the Lord Jesus Christ: Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ.
1Th 5:28**The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you. Amen.

Etc, etc

And in Johns revelation we have this

Rev 22:12**And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.
Rev 22:13**I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.
Rev 22:14**Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

For me quality is the highest, the first/priority to be striven for, sought after - that has been “formulated” for others to build upon, in their own “generations”

Mat 1:21**And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.
Mat 1:22**Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying,
Mat 1:23**Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.
Where do you see God with you?

Old 07-28-2021, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCCyou View Post

Where do you see God with you?
Not me specifically or only

I do see the church is a major part of the creation of God

That is my focus on this thread
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity