Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2021, 08:08 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,033,638 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9162 View Post
You do a nice job of excoriating this beautiful young man. You illustrate precisely why society continues down the path of secularism. Your hate and refusal to accept, that maybe homosexuals, are in fact born that way. The self-righteousness and Pride, is so typical of many Christians, who also ignore this was precisely the kind of sin Lucifer was guilty of, and thus marked the worst sin of all. More people today, than ever recognize the biological and scientific basis of sexual orientation; that homosexuality is not sin. That it is innate. It is an immutable part of who we are. We have a president that understands us, who is not impressed with, or courts the religious right. The religious right is losing its power; its ability to put fear into people, and it’s ability to brainwash. Since the Enlightenment, many years ago, then more so, evolving to the Scientific Revolution people are not bestowed to the ancient myths, particularly from a people who had so little understanding, they understand reason. So many churches have closed. Eventually, we will have all our legal rights, as your influence continues to diminish.

“Don’t judge, so that you won’t be judged. For with whatever judgment you judge, you will be judged: and with whatever measure you measure, it will be measured to you. Why do you see the speck that is in your brothers eye, but don’t consider the beam that is in your own eye.” (Matthew 7:13)
Or maybe this young man is arguing from emotion and not facts. And maybe you're confusing feelings with facts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2021, 08:08 AM

8,039 posts, read 1,846,500 times
Hi 9162,

Yes you are right.

There is going to come a day in which the "religious right" is going to simply disappear.

We are going to be caught up to meet the Lord in the air.

Then you will have a leader who will lead you on to everything that you ever wanted for society.

Of course, that time in history is identified as the "Great Tribulation"

It will be characterized by the following.

2Ti 3:1, This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
2Ti 3:2, For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
2Ti 3:3, Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
2Ti 3:4, Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;

Good luck;

For it will be a time given to all those who reject the Jesus Christ of Nazareth that is written of "in the volume of the Book" (Hebrews 10:7).

Old 08-11-2021, 08:09 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,033,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinivanDriver View Post
So what you're saying is that those laws were based on the culture of the time, not God's eternal word.
It wasn't the culture that determined it, it was God -- because he'd made a specific covenant with a specific group of people. And you and me are not part of that group of people.

Old 08-11-2021, 08:18 AM

45,585 posts, read 27,215,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9162 View Post
You do a nice job of excoriating this beautiful young man. You illustrate precisely why society continues down the path of secularism. Your hate and refusal to accept, that maybe homosexuals, are in fact born that way. The self-righteousness and Pride, is so typical of many Christians, who also ignore this was precisely the kind of sin Lucifer was guilty of, and thus marked the worst sin of all. More people today, than ever recognize the biological and scientific basis of sexual orientation; that homosexuality is not sin. That it is innate. It is an immutable part of who we are. We have a president that understands us, who is not impressed with, or courts the religious right. The religious right is losing its power; its ability to put fear into people, and it’s ability to brainwash. Since the Enlightenment, many years ago, then more so, evolving to the Scientific Revolution people are not bestowed to the ancient myths, particularly from a people who had so little understanding, they understand reason. So many churches have closed. Eventually, we will have all our legal rights, as your influence continues to diminish.

“Don’t judge, so that you won’t be judged. For with whatever judgment you judge, you will be judged: and with whatever measure you measure, it will be measured to you. Why do you see the speck that is in your brothers eye, but don’t consider the beam that is in your own eye.” (Matthew 7:13)
Since the thread is about Scripture being absolute - I will try and focus in that direction, and not primarily in the homosexual direction.

1- Don't mistake hate for disagreement. Hate implies some kind of emotional involvement and intent against him. I don't know him. I don't know his intent. He could be honestly misguided. However, he promotes bad doctrine that goes against God. I am discussing what I see is against God. That's not hate.

2- You say homosexuals are born that way. I don't disagree. Every single person is born with an inclination towards a sinful behavior. If a person desires to follow God, by faith he/she will agree with what God says about behavior that is sin and do their best to not do those behaviors. When we do sinful behaviors, we confess to God that it's sin and in Christ, we are spiritually cleansed. We all have desires towards sinful behavior. No one is saying not to have relationships with the same sex - but when it comes to sexual behavior, that's a no-go for God. That is an absolute of Scripture.

3- It's not pride. It's is submitting to the ways of God. They are His standards - not mine. By faith, I agree with Him.

4- The rest of your post about what's going on in the world - I'm not concerned with it. My focus on this is not on this world, but the world to come in eternity with Christ. I am not trying to gain any worldly power. I recognize that life is short on earth, but our soul/spirits are eternal. What we believe today matters forever. The Bible is about God revealing Himself to mankind. Part of that revelation is realizing that we have an eternity awaiting us. If we want that eternity to be a good experience, it matters how we live today. God loves us - which is why He revealed Himself to us. The thing about the Bible, is that it can easily be misconstrued if a person has the wrong motives.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity