Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2021, 07:32 AM

8,039 posts, read 1,846,500 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
In other words, you can't think for yourself which doesn't surprise me.
Should I be getting my description and location of heaven from an extrabiblical source?

I think that the Bible makes it a point to be the primary source for information about heaven.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2021, 10:41 AM

11,054 posts, read 6,653,002 times
Quote:
This is true, as one may perceive it as something internal, while another views it as external.
My understanding is that heaven is coming to earth and will be ON earth when earth is restored to its original perfection. We don't go "up" as much as Jesus comes "down".

I wasn't taught that growing up under Baptist influence, but that is my understanding now.

Old 08-11-2021, 01:46 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,376,582 times
Quote:
In other words, you can't think for yourself which doesn't surprise me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
Should I be getting my description and location of heaven from an extrabiblical source?

I think that the Bible makes it a point to be the primary source for information about heaven.
I was asking how you personally view heaven?

Old 08-11-2021, 02:24 PM

23,175 posts, read 10,463,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand&Salt View Post
My understanding is that heaven is coming to earth and will be ON earth when earth is restored to its original perfection. We don't go "up" as much as Jesus comes "down".

I wasn't taught that growing up under Baptist influence, but that is my understanding now.
Ezekiel 28
13Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created.

Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire.

15Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee.

Revelation 21

And the building of the wall of it was of jasper: and the city was pure gold, like unto clear glass. 19And the foundations of the wall of the city were garnished with all manner of precious stones. The first foundation was jasper; the second, sapphire; the third, a chalcedony; the fourth, an emerald; 20The fifth, sardonyx; the sixth, sardius; the seventh, chrysolite; the eighth, beryl; the ninth, a topaz; the tenth, a chrysoprasus; the eleventh, a jacinth; the twelfth, an amethyst. 21And the twelve gates were twelve pearls; every several gate was of one pearl: and the street of the city was pure gold, as it were transparent glass..

What comes down from heavwn?

Eve was an immortal, Adam was the righteous spiritual husband that dwelled within Eve.

Eve's immortality was derived from her covering which was the most beautiful creature, the covering Cherub whose covering is every precious stone.

Jesus became a new Adam where he had to go through the same process as the old Adam.

Jesus and Adam had their sides pierced so that from their own bodies, a bride could be created.

Both Adam and Jesus lain down in a sleep of death to then become a spiritual husband inside a human.

A marriage of flesh and spirit, what I am saying is about that city that comes down from heaven, it is the immortal state of a himan.

A human is a city.

A human is a temple, but the temple 9f the lord is ever expanding and becomes a city.

One person is a city in the NT

Old 08-11-2021, 02:34 PM

Matthew
Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.

Old 08-11-2021, 02:39 PM

20,442 posts, read 12,801,153 times
Quote:

Amen!

Old 08-11-2021, 02:46 PM

14,485 posts, read 20,671,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
Since there never is death in Heaven, then Rev. 21:4 must be referring to Earth.
The ' tent' (dwelling) of God will be with: Mankind ( Not angels but humans on Earth ) .
'Enemy death' to be No more on Earth - 1st Corinthians 15:24-26; Isaiah 25:8.
Since there is No sickness in Heaven then Rev. 22:2 must be referring to Earth.
For there will be ' HEALING ' for earth's nations.
Healing on Earth to the point that No one will say, " I am sick......" - Isaiah 33:24
Earth will be as beautifully described by Isaiah's vivid word picture found in Isaiah's 35th chapter.
Here is a comment from a friend:
All those scriptures refer to the Kingdom of Heaven.
In the end God will establish his kingdom here on earth.

Old 08-11-2021, 02:51 PM

Quote:

Like it or not, you have zero chance of completely understanding the bible or heaven unless you are willing to go to extrablical sources, and without those sources, you just guess about stuff and this point is so obviously true that I can think of at least 20 question to ask you about the religion of Jesus and NT scripture you cant answer or understand UNLESS you are willing to read those extra biblical souces of knowledge.

You miss out of so much information it's like a mountain of knowledge you cant even see.

There simply is no understanding without extra biblical sources

The whole book of Revelation is derived and built upon idioms, appointed prayers, appointed sayings and duties of priests and of congregation.

You will never understand because you bv wont ever be interested in what is said and done on the temple

Old 08-11-2021, 03:00 PM

11,898 posts, read 3,707,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand&Salt View Post

I understand it as The kingdom of heaven comes to earth

Heaven (sky) and earth are always relational to each other, sky is always above

Isa 55:3**Incline your ear, and come unto me: hear, and your soul shall live; and I will make an everlasting covenant with you, even the sure mercies of David.
Isa 55:4**Behold, I have given him for a witness to the people, a leader and commander to the people.

Isa 55:5**Behold, thou shalt call a nation that thou knowest not, and nations that knew not thee shall run unto thee because of the LORD thy God, and for the Holy One of Israel; for he hath glorified thee.
Isa 55:6**Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near:
Isa 55:7**Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the LORD, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.
Isa 55:8**For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD.
Isa 55:9**For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.
Isa 55:10**For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater:
Isa 55:11**So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

Last edited by Meerkat2; 08-11-2021 at 03:11 PM..

Old 08-11-2021, 03:07 PM

11,898 posts, read 3,707,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by howard555 View Post
Here is a comment from a friend:
All those scriptures refer to the Kingdom of Heaven.
In the end God will establish his kingdom here on earth.
Matthew is a Jehovah Witness so it certainly his belief that God WILL establish His kingdom on earth
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity