Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2021, 07:59 PM

28,099 posts, read 29,986,691 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
I would like to see that being tackled, timing is one of the things I am particularly drawn to -
What specifically, Meerkat? The "falling away" aka "apostasy"? I have a lot of material on the subject, but most of it is in book form. It's likely on the internet, too, but I don't have any specific websites to direct you to. That subject, though, has always held a great deal of fascination for me. I am intrigued to see when, how, and why one original Christian doctrine after another was suddenly deemed "heresy." Most of the time, this took place several hundred years after Christ's death.

Last edited by Katzpur; 09-05-2021 at 08:21 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2021, 08:22 PM

11,898 posts, read 3,709,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
What specifically, Meerkat? The "falling away" or "apostasy"? I have a lot of material on the subject, but most of it is in book form. It's likely on the internet, too, but I don't have any specific websites to direct you to. That subject, though, has always held a great deal of fascination for me. I find it fascinating to see when, how, and why one original Christian doctrine after another was suddenly deemed "heresy." Most of the time, this took place several hundred years after Christ's death.
I am very interested in all aspects of the timing, not just on the falling away, and the apostasy

I have done a lot of my own reading Katzpur covering a lot of writings, and see “links” to the Scriptures

What I see is there is a lot of fable, myth, names, regions, scattered throughout most philosophical, theological, religious writings which have double meanings, and not meant to be treated as strictly literal historical events, there is certainly some truth and historical narration, but there is also a lot of fabricating, and filling out, clothing, embedding within those writings directed at “future readers” their “posterity” etc and that the meanings of the names have importance at that “higher” level

My interest is not just in timing it is about the levels too and also the relationships between them

Old 09-05-2021, 08:30 PM

28,099 posts, read 29,986,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
I am very interested in all aspects of the timing, not just on the falling away, and the apostasy
But the timing of what specifically?

Quote:
What I see is there is a lot of fable, myth, names, regions, scattered throughout most philosophical, theological, religious writings which have double meanings, and not meant to be treated as strictly literal historical events, there is certainly some truth and historical narration, but there is also a lot of fabricating, and filling out, clothing, embedding within those writings directed at “future readers” their “posterity” etc and that the meanings of the names have importance at that “higher” level
I couldn't agree more.

Old 09-05-2021, 09:38 PM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Fair enough. But there were 2000 years of "future" he might well have been referring to. If you want to talk about his many warnings, I'd be happy to engage in such a conversation with you.
He thinks it applies to some time in the future because he thinks he has the sound doctrine. But he is relying on the already corrupted doctrine NOT the doctrine of Jesus Christ.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Your "plenary inspiration of scripture" is the "demonic vaccination" you have been given to protect your "doctrine of devils" from revision and immunize you from ever learning the truth about God and Jesus.
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
The Holy Ghost inspired the holy scriptures to be written (2 Timothy 3:15-17, 2 Peter 1:19-21).
That is true, but the false teachers who abounded even at the time of the apostles wrought havoc with them by automatically and adamantly imposing Moses' wrathful War God on their interpretations of Jesus on the Cross. The God as revealed by Jesus on the Cross presented enormous contradictions to the God of Moses.

They knew no other God so they could not even imagine the God Jesus so clearly revealed. Since they did believe He was God's Son they came up with rationalizations to explain His submission to the ravages of the Cross that made sense to their barbaric minds and traditional beliefs about God.
Quote:
By saying that the scriptures can contain a "doctrine of devils" you have effectively blasphemed the Holy Spirit.
Oh get over yourself. You and your beliefs do NOT represent the Holy Spirit so blaspheming them presents no problem whatsoever. You wouldn't recognize the Holy Spirit of God if He kissed you on your cheek! You are completely clueless about the Holy Spirit thanks to the veil over your heart from reading the OT and Moses.

We are supposed to follow the guidance of the Holy Spirit to the Truth God has "written in our hearts" but your heart is so hardened by the OT and Moses it doesn't even seek the guidance of the Comforter. You are satisfied to dwell on the words "written in ink" in your precious Bible without checking what is there with the Holy Spirit. That seems more like blaspheming the Holy Spirit to me.

Last edited by MysticPhD; 09-05-2021 at 09:54 PM..

Old 09-05-2021, 09:51 PM

11,898 posts, read 3,709,906 times
Quote:
But the timing of what specifically?

<snip>
Simple answer, The kingdom

Mat 6:9**After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.
Mat 6:10**Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
Mat 6:11**Give us this day our daily bread.
Mat 6:12**And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.
Mat 6:13**And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.

Old 09-05-2021, 10:28 PM

3,220 posts, read 926,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
I'm sure that your point of view will be a popular one...

The Bible says that in the latter days men will not endure sound doctrine but will heap to themselves teachers to tell them what their itching ears want to hear.

I know that there are quite a few people who are offended by Paul's writings.

This kind of doctrine will go right up their alley.

Luk 6:26, Woe unto you, when all men shall speak well of you! for so did their fathers to the false prophets.
That’s all you saw was my dig on Paul. Well that shows your genuine colors now doesn’t it!

“The LORD is near to everyone who calls upon Him, who calls upon Him in truth.”

God’s word is truth!!

Old 09-05-2021, 10:38 PM

3,220 posts, read 926,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
He thinks it applies to some time in the future because he thinks he has the sound doctrine. But he is relying on the already corrupted doctrine NOT the doctrine of Jesus Christ.

That is true, but the false teachers who abounded even at the time of the apostles wrought havoc with them by automatically and adamantly imposing Moses' wrathful War God on their interpretations of Jesus on the Cross. The God as revealed by Jesus on the Cross presented enormous contradictions to the God of Moses.

They knew no other God so they could not even imagine the God Jesus so clearly revealed. Since they did believe He was God's Son they came up with rationalizations to explain His submission to the ravages of the Cross that made sense to their barbaric minds and traditional beliefs about God. Oh get over yourself. You and your beliefs do NOT represent the Holy Spirit so blaspheming them presents no problem whatsoever. You wouldn't recognize the Holy Spirit of God if He kissed you on your cheek! You are completely clueless about the Holy Spirit thanks to the veil over your heart from reading the OT and Moses.

We are supposed to follow the guidance of the Holy Spirit to the Truth God has "written in our hearts" but your heart is so hardened by the OT and Moses it doesn't even seek the guidance of the Comforter. You are satisfied to dwell on the words "written in ink" in your precious Bible without checking what is there with the Holy Spirit. That seems more like blaspheming the Holy Spirit to me.
The truth written in the heart is God’s word from scripture. Man come out of the darkness!!!

“ I shall put my spirit within you so you will live.”

“I shall put my spirit within you, making you adhere to my statutes, careful to keep my decrees.”

“It is the spirit that gives life the flesh is useless, the words I spoke to you are spirit and life.”

Old 09-06-2021, 05:49 AM

3,474 posts, read 1,008,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Free4you View Post
Only God can undo or change the scriptures.

He has said;

“The LORD redeems the life of His servants, no one who takes refuge in Him incurs guilt.”

This is true today. Only those who serve the Lord in righteousness are free from sin. Jesus said so in many ways but no, people prefer Paul’s twisted theology rather than the genuine worship as Jesus described.

Jesus came to show how to serve, nothing more.

“Here is my servant whom I uphold, my chosen one with whom I am pleased, upon whom I have put my spirit. He shall deliver righteousness to the nations.”

“My chosen ones shall inherit my holy mountain, my servants shall dwell there.”

“The upright shall dwell in the land the blameless shall remain in it.”

Did Jesus undo scripture or confirm it?

God is unchanging Free, His scriptures are picture perfect, although like one of your verses posted man has altered His word. He does allow it to an extent, but even though men tried to remove His name from His word, they have always proven unsuccessful, even today still. I don't think there is any version of the Bible that has been able to remove it completely.

Old 09-06-2021, 09:27 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,376,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highway54 View Post
God is unchanging Free, His scriptures are picture perfect, although like one of your verses posted man has altered His word. He does allow it to an extent, but even though men tried to remove His name from His word, they have always proven unsuccessful, even today still. I don't think there is any version of the Bible that has been able to remove it completely.
The only constant is change.

Old 09-06-2021, 10:15 AM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Free4you View Post
The truth written in the heart is God’s word from scripture. Man come out of the darkness!!!
“ I shall put my spirit within you so you will live.”
“I shall put my spirit within you, making you adhere to my statutes, careful to keep my decrees.”
“It is the spirit that gives life the flesh is useless, the words I spoke to you are spirit and life.”
ONLY the words Jesus actually SPOKE are God's word. Everything else is man's interpretations of God's word using their fallible lack of knowledge and primitive beliefs about God. What Jesus did and how He reacted on the Cross is the ONLY truly unambiguous picture we have of God's True Nature and Holy Spirit. You ignore it in favor of the words "written in ink" at your own peril.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity