Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2021, 12:16 PM

3,220 posts, read 926,548 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
ONLY the words Jesus actually SPOKE are God's word. Everything else is man's interpretations of God's word using their fallible lack of knowledge and primitive beliefs about God. What Jesus did and how He reacted on the Cross is the ONLY truly unambiguous picture we have of God's True Nature and Holy Spirit. You ignore it in favor of the words "written in ink" at your own peril.
Jesus upheld scripture, the law and the prophets.You refuse it thereby refusing His word.

Your lost in your pride and ignorance because you refuse to accept God’s only son, the prophets.

Jesus words are in the Gospels but you ignore most of it soooo….
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2021, 12:42 PM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Free4you View Post
Jesus upheld scripture, the law and the prophets.You refuse it thereby refusing His word.
Your lost in your pride and ignorance because you refuse to accept God’s only son, the prophets.
Jesus words are in the Gospels but you ignore most of it soooo….
Your trust is in men, NOT Jesus as He revealed Himself to be on the Cross. Everything you accept that is contradictory or inconsistent with Jesus as He revealed Himself to be is NOT God's word, period!! So knock yourself out parroting what you THINK is God's words, but I don't think that will avail you much at all if you do not check it with Jesus and the Comforter within.

Old 09-06-2021, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Your trust is in men, NOT Jesus as He revealed Himself to be on the Cross. Everything you accept that is contradictory or inconsistent with Jesus as He revealed Himself to be is NOT God's word, period!! So knock yourself out parroting what you THINK is God's words, but I don't think that will avail you much at all if you do not check it with Jesus and the Comforter within.
Whatever.

As Jesus said and I repeat; I know the Father and I keep His word.

Old 09-06-2021, 09:53 PM

11,898 posts, read 3,707,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Free4you View Post
Whatever.

As Jesus said and I repeat; I know the Father and I keep His word.
Lol, You are not alone in thinking that you know the Father and are keeping his word

At any point in time over the past 2000 years they would tell you they were the ones keeping the word depending on their interpretation or translation, now is no different

Last edited by Meerkat2; 09-06-2021 at 10:49 PM..

Old 09-07-2021, 05:13 AM

3,474 posts, read 1,008,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
The only constant is change.

I wouldn't say the only sir, but it is a definite

Old 09-07-2021, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
Lol, You are not alone in thinking that you know the Father and are keeping his word

At any point in time over the past 2000 years they would tell you they were the ones keeping the word depending on their interpretation or translation, now is no different

Guess you would have told Jesus that too then.

I quote what I hear and the truth lives in me.

Old 09-08-2021, 07:27 AM

1,196 posts, read 754,538 times
who are you referring to when you said "God?" I'm asking because some say Jesus has a Father. but then some say Jesus is the Almighty God. true the ONLY TRUE GOD, Jesus Father Jehovah can redo or undo anything! yet why would he change the scriptures, i.e. his words? even though man has altered some of his words, even removed some. he still make it where ALL can have accurate understand, with teaching ,(1Tim. 2:3,4 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior. Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth). and (Rom. 10:2 For I bear them record that they have a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge). Jesus confirmed ALL that Jehovah God world said.

NO Human born through man ,pass or present was/is "FREE FROM SIN." if that were the case the Righteous wouldn't have to die. and we know MANY truly Righteous people have died. because Adam, SIN is what brought death to ALL, (Rom. 5:12 When Adam sinned, sin entered the world. Adam’s sin brought death, so death spread to everyone, for everyone sinned), Christians or NOT we ALL are sinners. Jesus taught ALL including his Apostles who were to be in Heaven with him to pray these words concerning our sins ,(Matt. 6:12 "and forgive us our sins, as we have forgiven those who sin against us").

when Paul said this in (Rom. 6:18 And having been set free from sin, you became slaves of righteousness). true, he was referring to those who were NOW following Jesus teachings and worshipping Jehovah God. but Paul knew with them as well as with himself, they were once a SLAVE to SIN ,(verse 19 "...For just as you presented your members as slaves of uncleanness, and of lawlessness leading to more lawlessness, so now present your members as slaves of righteousness for holiness"). Paul wasn't saying they were 'FREE FROM SIN", as in they could NEVER SINS AGAIN, because they could and MANY did!

once one get's baptized, at that moment, they are literally "FREE from SIN." because at that point, ALL of their sins were washed away. it was like they were reborn from the Sin that Adam brought on to ALL. this happened after Jesus had already gave up his perfect life. but being baptized then and NOW didn't make us imperfect. it just gave us a chance to remove our old ways of life ,(Ephe. 4:21-24 if indeed you have heard Him and have been taught by Him, as the truth is in Jesus. that you put off, concerning your former conduct, the old man which grows corrupt according to the deceitful lusts, and be renewed in the spirit of your mind. and that you put on the new man which was created according to God, in true righteousness and holiness). peace

Old 09-08-2021, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo-50 View Post
who are you referring to when you said "God?" I'm asking because some say Jesus has a Father. but then some say Jesus is the Almighty God. true the ONLY TRUE GOD, Jesus Father Jehovah can redo or undo anything! yet why would he change the scriptures, i.e. his words? even though man has altered some of his words, even removed some. he still make it where ALL can have accurate understand, with teaching ,(1Tim. 2:3,4 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior. Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth). and (Rom. 10:2 For I bear them record that they have a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge). Jesus confirmed ALL that Jehovah God world said.

NO Human born through man ,pass or present was/is "FREE FROM SIN." if that were the case the Righteous wouldn't have to die. and we know MANY truly Righteous people have died. because Adam, SIN is what brought death to ALL, (Rom. 5:12 When Adam sinned, sin entered the world. Adam’s sin brought death, so death spread to everyone, for everyone sinned), Christians or NOT we ALL are sinners. Jesus taught ALL including his Apostles who were to be in Heaven with him to pray these words concerning our sins ,(Matt. 6:12 "and forgive us our sins, as we have forgiven those who sin against us").

when Paul said this in (Rom. 6:18 And having been set free from sin, you became slaves of righteousness). true, he was referring to those who were NOW following Jesus teachings and worshipping Jehovah God. but Paul knew with them as well as with himself, they were once a SLAVE to SIN ,(verse 19 "...For just as you presented your members as slaves of uncleanness, and of lawlessness leading to more lawlessness, so now present your members as slaves of righteousness for holiness"). Paul wasn't saying they were 'FREE FROM SIN", as in they could NEVER SINS AGAIN, because they could and MANY did!

once one get's baptized, at that moment, they are literally "FREE from SIN." because at that point, ALL of their sins were washed away. it was like they were reborn from the Sin that Adam brought on to ALL. this happened after Jesus had already gave up his perfect life. but being baptized then and NOW didn't make us imperfect. it just gave us a chance to remove our old ways of life ,(Ephe. 4:21-24 if indeed you have heard Him and have been taught by Him, as the truth is in Jesus. that you put off, concerning your former conduct, the old man which grows corrupt according to the deceitful lusts, and be renewed in the spirit of your mind. and that you put on the new man which was created according to God, in true righteousness and holiness). peace
Yeah, your really in deep in the teaching of Paul and religion. Forget all that cause it’s keeping you in the dark. Come into the light of the son so you will live.

Whoever acts in truth comes to the light so his deeds are revealed as works of God.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity