Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2021, 09:57 AM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
This is how you see human beings? Because it sounds more like brainwashing, lest you be destroyed.
It is astonishingly widespread, Jer! 'm not sure it is remediable. There has been little indication of its permeability over the years here.

Last edited by MysticPhD; 09-18-2021 at 10:21 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2021, 10:14 AM

3,831 posts, read 1,386,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
I heard something today that reminded me of the battle between justice and mercy. I wonder if that affects a person's religious beliefs. Do you believe human beings are mostly good or mostly wicked or is it something else entirely? Do you think it reflects on your religious views or do you think it is a product of your religious views?
I'll go first: I believe people are mostly good. I don't think there is even such a thing as a straight good person or a wicked person except for a few on the fringes on either side of that.
I see it mostly the same as you.
I used to think that 'there's a little piece of Christ' in each person (Jeremiah 1:5), but now I realize that there isn't any part of us that didn't first come from Him: It's what we do with what we have been given that makes our being, our "Is'ness".

Old 09-18-2021, 10:22 AM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCCyou View Post
I see it mostly the same as you.
I used to think that 'there's a little piece of Christ' in each person (Jeremiah 1:5), but now I realize that there isn't any part of us that didn't first come from Him: It's what we do with what we have been given that makes our being, our "Is'ness".

Old 09-18-2021, 11:09 AM

3,220 posts, read 926,548 times
To God man is wicked.

“No peace for the wicked, no peace for all mankind.”

“The wicked shall remain wicked they will have no understanding but the wise will have it.”

“It is impossible for man to be saved but everything is possible for god.”

Old 09-18-2021, 01:09 PM

11,898 posts, read 3,707,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
We're just human beings. Capable of much positive productivity and creativity, but also much destruction.

It's all in how we live our lives while on the temporary "stage of life". We have freedom, but need to choose wisely. The use and choice of our minds and actions will reveal ourselves, not humanity as a whole. I don't want to get credit for positives others do that I haven't done, nor to I want to get slammed for errors and evils that others do that I won't.

P.S. Religion doesn't necessarily dictate one direction or the other. We see completely non-religious people doing wonderful things, and highly religious people stirring up tons of trouble, as well as the opposites.
Yep, I agree
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity