Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2021, 04:45 AM

3,474 posts, read 1,008,549 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Wrong. The way Jesus said His followers would be identified is by the agape love of God and each other, period! Absent that agape love, you are fooling yourself.

Yes Doc, you are very well correct sir, I was in error Jn 13:34,45. Although not the #1 way to identify Christians, all Christians out of their love for God and neighbor, do bear testimony about our God Jehovah and the benefits now and in the future to those who choose to serve and worship Him, definitely a defining characteristic of true Christians.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2021, 07:58 AM

3,220 posts, read 926,819 times
Quote:
How can trying to emulate the love Jesus revealed on the Cross as God's Holy Spirit of agape love and forgiveness possibly be a false love? That IS the fruit of the Spirit which you obviously know nothing about.
I have shown you with scripture what the servant of God does and how Jesus sent His followers as He was sent but you refuse His commission and His word so that you remain in the dark.

“I have given your word to those you gave me out of the world and they accepted it.”

Old 09-14-2021, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Wrong. The way Jesus said His followers would be identified is by the agape love of God and each other, period! Absent that agape love, you are fooling yourself.
Jesus never said anything about agape love. He said to abide in His word which you fail to accept.

Your fooling yourself if you think God thinks like man and loves like man.

Old 09-14-2021, 10:05 AM

11,102 posts, read 7,174,871 times
There is no such thing as a "faithful nation". That's fantasy thinking. It's also clearly wasn't there in the OT.

Last edited by Thoreau424; 09-14-2021 at 10:27 AM..

Old 09-14-2021, 10:48 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,376,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highway54 View Post
Yes Doc, you are very well correct sir, I was in error Jn 13:34,45. Although not the #1 way to identify Christians, all Christians out of their love for God and neighbor, do bear testimony about our God Jehovah and the benefits now and in the future to those who choose to serve and worship Him, definitely a defining characteristic of true Christians.
You worship a name, claiming that is being a true Christian.

Old 09-14-2021, 10:49 AM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Free4you View Post
Jesus never said anything about agape love. He said to abide in His word which you fail to accept.
Your fooling yourself if you think God thinks like man and loves like man.
Actions speak louder than words and Jesus's actions on the Cross demonstrated the absolutely perfect agape love and forgiveness of God's Holy Spirit that we are to try to emulate however imperfectly under the cover of His perfection (Grace).

Old 09-14-2021, 11:40 AM

1,196 posts, read 754,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona Humphrey View Post
“Open up the gates to let in a nation that is righteous, one that keeps the truth.”
The passage is saying that to keep the truth is to be righteous. You have taken "the truth" to mean the word of God, and I think you mean the Bible. I take it to mean much more than that.Jesus, too, talked about righteous nations and what they do to receive the eternal blessing. They take care of their poor, love their criminal offenders and care for their sick. They do not turn a blind eye to suffering and pretend it isn't real or that it doesn't concern them. In this way, they "keep the truth". I am sure that Isaiah didn't mean to say that a righteous nation is one in which everyone quotes scripture to each other.
you're right!.. Jesus taught to "care for the poor, the sick" and love ALL. those who you're referring to, isn't "turning a blind eye to suffering and pretend it isn't real or that it doesn't concern them." I"M sure MANY of them are suffering in some way too! but unrealistically, NO imperfect Human can ever rid this world of ALL it's pain. no matter how hard MANY wants to believe we can. having pity won't change what MANY are going through. but TEACHING them Jehovah's word, can bring them hope...if they chose to believe. this is why JESUS!... sent people out to teach about his Father's Kingdom and what it will soon bring ,(Matt. 10:11-15, Matt. 28:19,20).

"quoting scriptures" is basically spreading Jehovah God's word. in which he and Jesus commanded their followers to do. there's a reason why ALL of their followers should do this. even if MANY don't want to see or hear it. (2Tim. 4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but wanting to have their ears tickled, they will accumulate for themselves teachers in accordance to their own desires) ,(2Tim. 16,17 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work).

it helps to keep those who want to do right, stay on the right track. if you read the Book of Isaiah, you would see that he constantly spoke God's words. especially to those who went against Jehovah God. posting or "quoting scriptures" help MANY who have questions concerning "God." and by posting scriptures MANY will see what they didn't know OR... wasn't taught, is actually in the Bible, the TRUTH! plus, when we speak God's word, but NOT show it. MANY will and HAVE said..."those are your words" or "show me from the Bible." so God wants us to show his words, therefore NO ONE, can say..."I didn't know that! peace

Old 09-14-2021, 12:20 PM

11,054 posts, read 6,655,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
There is no such thing as a "faithful nation". That's fantasy thinking. It's also clearly wasn't there in the OT.
No Christian nation, but wow, the Islamic ones are quite "faithful".

Old 09-14-2021, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Actions speak louder than words and Jesus's actions on the Cross demonstrated the absolutely perfect agape love and forgiveness of God's Holy Spirit that we are to try to emulate however imperfectly under the cover of His perfection (Grace).
Guess you refuse Jesus words here then; “By your words you’ll be justified and by your words you’ll be condemned.”

Old 09-14-2021, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
Someday.

I’m working on it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity