Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2021, 04:37 AM

83 posts, read 56,695 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo-50 View Post
I understand what you're saying, but this is what Jehovah God ,(Exo. 6:3) said, (Rom. 10:2 For I bear them record that they have a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge). he also said this (Pro. 3:5,6 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths). we may think we can teach ourselves, but we ALL needed help, from those Jehovah and Jesus sent to teach. Philip was sent to teach someone ,(Acts 8:29-31 Then the Spirit said to Philip, “Go near and overtake this chariot.” So Philip ran to him, and heard him reading the prophet Isaiah, and said, “Do you understand what you are reading?” And he said, “How can I, unless someone guides me?” And he asked Philip to come up and sit with him).

you said "I am desiring to get closer to God/Jesus", and that's GREAT! but Jesus is NOT "GOD? if you want to get close to Jesus. you have to be willing to listen to his words. (John 17:3 And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent). NOTICE Jesus didn't speak of HIMSELF as God, but another being, his FATHER! if we want LIFE, we MUST get to know NOT only the Son, but also the Father. Jesus Never seek Glory for himself, he knew it didn't belong to him ,(John 8:50). Jesus showed that he too has a "GOD" ,(John 20:17 Jesus said to her, “Do not cling to Me, for I have not yet ascended to My Father; but go to My brethren and say to them, ‘I am ascending to My Father and your Father, and to My God and your God).

we first must learn the truth concerning Jesus and his Father. Jesus said he was set to do HIS Father's WILL, not his own! Jehovah won't allow us to understand the truth. if we refuse to acknowledge and obey him,(Pro. 1:28-30 Then shall they call upon me, but I will not answer; they shall seek me early, but they shall not find me. For that they hated knowledge, and did not choose the fear of the LORD. They would none of my counsel: they despised all my reproof). the TITLE "LORD" in caps was put in place of his NAME which satan tried to have removed from the Bible. allow yourself to follow Jesus words. by obeying and getting to know his Father. and Jehovah will give you tat knowledge and understanding. (James 1:5 If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him). peace
The Father, The Son and the Holy Spirit are one.. John 10:30 “I and the Father are one.” So I am correct in saying I want to get to know BOTH Jesus and God… also the Holy Spirit. How am I refusing to obey God and how can one obey God when they don’t know what to obey?… my whole point in posting here and asking for direction. Your entire answer to my question seems very unloving, unfriendly and judgmental. I’m hurting in my Life and coming here asking for help. It’s Gods kindness that leads us to repentance… Romans 2:4 Where is the kindness here? We are to do all we do in Love and if not we are like a banging gong and we all know what that sounds like don’t we? I Corinthians 13
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2021, 04:56 AM

7,530 posts, read 3,032,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingPrincess007 View Post
The Father, The Son and the Holy Spirit are one.. John 10:30 “I and the Father are one.” So I am correct in saying I want to get to know BOTH Jesus and God… also the Holy Spirit. How am I refusing to obey God and how can one obey God when they don’t know what to obey?… my whole point in posting here and asking for direction. Your entire answer to my question seems very unloving, unfriendly and judgmental. I’m hurting in my Life and coming here asking for help. It’s Gods kindness that leads us to repentance… Romans 2:4 Where is the kindness here? We are to do all we do in Love and if not we are like a banging gong and we all know what that sounds like don’t we? I Corinthians 13
Princess: you will find more banging gongs on our pages than words of kindness in the midst of your hurting.

The road into our glorious Lord is one of stages leading from where we are presently, into Him. It actually goes on and on, and I believe will never completely come to an end. I wish you well on this incredible experience of His Life.

"The mother eagle teaches her little ones to fly by making their nest so uncomfortable that they are forced to leave it and commit themselves to the unknown world of air outside. So does our God to us. He stirs up our comfortable nests, and pushes us over the edge of them, and we are forced to use our wings to save ourselves from fatal falling. Read your trials in this light, and see if you cannot begin to get a glimpse of their meaning. Your wings are being developed." -Hannah Whitall Smith

Old 09-24-2021, 05:01 AM

3,474 posts, read 1,008,549 times
Quote:
Great… thanks. I will give it a try.

You can request someone to take you through it as well princess. JoJo would likely be glad to do this via zoom, or duo, etc. At this time we do not meet in person anymore for studies, but we would be glad to take you through the course if you like.

If you would like myself to take you through it, or you have questions, feel free to ask.

Old 09-24-2021, 05:05 AM

Quote:

actually Princess getting to know both the Father and son is the beginning of everlasting life according to Jesus at Jn 17:3, a requirement for everlasting life.

Jesus did not mention the holy spirit as you pointed out at Jn 10:30, but I think you see that they are not the same being, so what did he mean by them being one?

Old 09-24-2021, 06:10 AM

15,864 posts, read 6,337,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose2Luv View Post
Princess: you will find more banging gongs on our pages than words of kindness in the midst of your hurting.

The road into our glorious Lord is one of stages leading from where we are presently, into Him. It actually goes on and on, and I believe will never completely come to an end. I wish you well on this incredible experience of His Life.

"The mother eagle teaches her little ones to fly by making their nest so uncomfortable that they are forced to leave it and commit themselves to the unknown world of air outside. So does our God to us. He stirs up our comfortable nests, and pushes us over the edge of them, and we are forced to use our wings to save ourselves from fatal falling. Read your trials in this light, and see if you cannot begin to get a glimpse of their meaning. Your wings are being developed." -Hannah Whitall Smith
Thank you R2, I needed to hear that.

Old 09-24-2021, 11:45 AM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Find all the threads started by Rose2Luv, Princess. They contain the true love of God. Read them every day. Sadly, there are too many judgmental Christians here who are children of wrath and not children of love. Stay away from the Jehovah's Witnesses, Jojo-50, Highway54, Matthew4.4, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose2Luv View Post

Last edited by MysticPhD; 09-24-2021 at 01:00 PM..

Old 09-24-2021, 12:44 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,376,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highway54 View Post
You can request someone to take you through it as well princess. JoJo would likely be glad to do this via zoom, or duo, etc. At this time we do not meet in person anymore for studies, but we would be glad to take you through the course if you like.

If you would like myself to take you through it, or you have questions, feel free to ask.
Why would you suggest JoJo or the JW's, including yourself, when in her response to JoJo, she said this:

"Your entire answer to my question seems very unloving, unfriendly and judgmental."

Read more: https://www.city-data.com/forum/chri...-please-2.html

Old 09-25-2021, 05:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Why would you suggest JoJo or the JW's, including yourself, when in her response to JoJo, she said this:

"Your entire answer to my question seems very unloving, unfriendly and judgmental."

Read more: https://www.city-data.com/forum/chri...-please-2.html

God's word divides sir, as well as unites. If someone is against God those words would likely give that connotation, but if a person truly wants to know God, they may prove to be quite the opposite. Why do you suppose we post here, and do our best to reach others with the good news knowing full well that extremely few want to hear it?

Likely you would agree, if we can save 1 life, it will be worth it.

Old 09-25-2021, 06:55 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,376,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highway54 View Post
God's word divides sir, as well as unites. If someone is against God those words would likely give that connotation, but if a person truly wants to know God, they may prove to be quite the opposite. Why do you suppose we post here, and do our best to reach others with the good news knowing full well that extremely few want to hear it?
You are not here to unite humanity, rather to divide and conquer, believing that your Jehovah Witness Organization is the ONLY true faith. However, I do not have the mindset of separation from that which brought all thing into existence, nor hold to the ideologies of eternal punishment or utter destruction. It is men and their various religious beliefs that attempt to divide his garments, and humanity up amongst themselves. You have taken love and forgiveness to a selfish level by applying it to that of your preferred Organization. Whereas, his love and forgiveness has no boundaries or human limitation.

Quote:
Likely you would agree, if we can save 1 life, it will be worth it.
Yet, you would let your wife die in childbirth, even if a blood transfusion would save her life, that's not love; it's stupidity and ignorance of the Scriptures.

Old 09-25-2021, 09:27 AM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
You are not here to unite humanity, rather to divide and conquer, believing that your Jehovah Witness Organization is the ONLY true faith. However, I do not have the mindset of separation from that which brought all things into existence, nor hold to the ideologies of eternal punishment or utter destruction. It is men and their various religious beliefs that attempt to divide his garments, and humanity up amongst themselves. You have taken love and forgiveness to a selfish level by applying it to that of your preferred Organization. Whereas, his love and forgiveness have no boundaries or human limitations.
Yet, you would let your wife die in childbirth, even if a blood transfusion would save her life, that's not love; it's stupidity and ignorance of the Scriptures.
It is definitely a toxic organization.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity