Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2021, 02:56 AM

83 posts, read 56,688 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
I agree with what you say here, that has been my experience of being drawn to words, phrases and concepts, what I then do is follow where that interest leads, rather than me being in charge of my own progress
That is a good way of looking at it. I am more-or-less asking for a devotional to keep me on track and accountable. Kind of like having a study partner. I also learn better when I do homework and answer questions, etc. Everyone has their own personality and unique style of learning... mine has always been with a guide, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2021, 03:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by highway54 View Post
actually Princess getting to know both the Father and son is the beginning of everlasting life according to Jesus at Jn 17:3, a requirement for everlasting life.

Jesus did not mention the holy spirit as you pointed out at Jn 10:30, but I think you see that they are not the same being, so what did he mean by them being one?

The Father, Son and Holy Spirit are not names from different parts of God but one name for God because three persons exist in God as one entity.

Old 09-28-2021, 04:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Why would you suggest JoJo or the JW's, including yourself, when in her response to JoJo, she said this:

"Your entire answer to my question seems very unloving, unfriendly and judgmental."

Read more: https://www.city-data.com/forum/chri...-please-2.html
Thank you!

Last edited by mensaguy; 09-28-2021 at 05:21 AM.. Reason: fixed quote

Old 09-28-2021, 05:45 AM

234 posts, read 99,608 times
Our human minds don't have the horsepower to see the Big Picture, and no amount of intensive Bible study is going to help us completely fathom it out, so why worry?..

“For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,” declares the Lord" (Isaiah 55:8)

And Jesus said much the same thing-
"You hardly believe me when I tell you earthly things, so how would you believe me if I told you heavenly things?....
....I know where I came from and where I am going, but you have no idea where I come from or where I am going.....you are of this world, I am not of this world" (John 3:12,John 10:38,8:14,8:23)

Paul reminded us to stay Jesus-focussed-
"I'm worried lest you be led astray from the simplicity of Christ" (2 Cor 11:3)

"And the common people heard him [Jesus] gladly" (Mark 12:37)

Old 09-28-2021, 06:01 AM

7,530 posts, read 3,032,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingPrincess007 View Post
We are not supposed to do what we do in an unloving way... that is what I thought of when I read the other person's response to my question. Your answer was kind and humble and I thank you for sharing that Word. I agree with you and perhaps the Lord is allowing this suffering so that I get closer to Him which is what I desire right now and why I posted in the first place. Thank you for your heart and the word picture about the eagle. God Bless.
Dear Princess, we are all facing profound need in one form or another. Within this need we are called to turn to the One who will see us through. Suffering is but a road leading into Him, not an end in itself. May His grasp of you extend beyond more than you can imagine! We are praying for you.

There is a wonderful law within our God.

"Bear one anothers burdens and so fulfill the law of Christ."

Old 09-28-2021, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose2Luv View Post
Dear Princess, we are all facing profound need in one form or another. Within this need we are called to turn to the One who will see us through. Suffering is but a road leading into Him, not an end in itself. May His grasp of you extend beyond more than you can imagine! We are praying for you.

There is a wonderful law within our God.

"Bear one anothers burdens and so fulfill the law of Christ."
Awe... thanks. God bless you too

Old 09-28-2021, 03:54 PM

11,898 posts, read 3,707,679 times
Quote:
Don't worry my response to them will be silent from this point forward. I don't deal with judgmental and unloving Christians because I do not believe that is from our loving Father.
Yep, I was brought up in a judgemental environment which repelled me from organised religion in my teens, but about 10-12 years I was led to search out the meaning of Scripture and as you said in another post discernment is needed

Hope you find the study guide suitable for you

I believe we all have different ways of learning, and are seeded into different areas, so what is good for one may not be good for another

Old 10-24-2021, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
Yep, I was brought up in a judgemental environment which repelled me from organised religion in my teens, but about 10-12 years I was led to search out the meaning of Scripture and as you said in another post discernment is needed

Hope you find the study guide suitable for you

I believe we all have different ways of learning, and are seeded into different areas, so what is good for one may not be good for another
Thank you for your input.. Yah... I learned a lot about posting this question here. There is much division and lack of sensitivity now in the so called "church". I would have done better just to Google my question but instead I brought a lot of negativity into my life by opening this up. The world has truly changed. Peace to you my friend and blessings.

Old 10-24-2021, 05:34 PM

10,043 posts, read 4,974,556 times
Quote:
The Father, Son and Holy Spirit are not names from different parts of God but one name for God because three persons exist in God as one entity.
I find the Tetragrammaton (YHWH) stands for God's personal name.
Jesus used God's divine name according to Jesus at John 17:6; John 17:6

I find a neuter "it" is Not a person.
God's spirit at Numbers 11:17; Numbers 11:25 shows God's spirit as a neuter "it" and Not as a person.
A person can Not be poured out, but God's spirit was poured out at Pentecost.

Old 10-24-2021, 05:47 PM

10,043 posts, read 4,974,556 times
Quote:
The Father, The Son and the Holy Spirit are one.. John 10:30 “I and the Father are one.”.......................
Besides John 10:30 I find continuing reading down to John 10:36 Jesus tells the truth that he is God's Son - Luke 1:35
Thus, Jesus and his God are one in unity - John 10:38
Jesus prayed his followers also be ' one ' as he and his Father are one at John 17:11 B and John 17:20-23.
Surely Jesus was Not praying his followers be God but 'one ' unified in oneness of purpose, will, goal, faith, agreement, objective, etc.
Also, we find at John 14:28 Jesus states that his Father is greater than I (Jesus )
Resurrected Jesus did Not ascend to himself according to John 20:17.
The resurrected ascended-to-heaven Jesus still has a God over him according to John at Revelation 3:12.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity