Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2021, 06:00 AM

3,474 posts, read 1,008,549 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
Ridiculous! 1914 was just one in a long line of failed prophecies your organization has published.

Are you now saying your students died because they failed to follow JW rules? Astounding!

Yes sir I am saying that as neither of them died from natural causes. The police say one committed suicide, however it is very difficult to hang yourself with your hands tied behind your back. And the other died of a drug overdose. Had each of those individuals chosen to follow Scripture, I seriously doubt that either would be dead. We do not believe you have an appointed time to die. I believe if you jump off a 100 foot bridge, you will likely die, not predestined, rather a choice.

We get sick like everyone else, but overall I believe we live a much healthier life than those of the world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2021, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
It sounded like he said that we have approximately, nine years before the second coming - if that generation lives to be 120 years of age? And, five years before the beginning of the great tribulation?

Not necessarily sir. The generation that was referred to began in 1914, we believe that stands for anointed ones, with those already existing in 1914 being the parental generation, so any who became anointed during their lifespan, would be the generation Jesus was referring to. We are not sure, but there is good evidence to believe that the last one of the parental generation lived until 1992 ending the parental generation. Any who were anointed during that time would be of the generation Jesus referred to that would not expire before all those things occurred. Most of the generation are quite elderly, and it is difficult to ascertain who is truly anointed, but one thing is for certain, the end is not yet.

If Jesus was actually referring to all people being of the generation instead of his bride, then even with that there are still many left, as you stated, 120 yrs is a possible life span. Like I stated earlier, it would appear late, as some of those anointed ones would fall away saying their King was delaying Mat 24:48

I personally will keep on the watch, ready for my deliverance, and would recommend that for you as well, but of course it is your choice. Maybe it won't come, but then again maybe it will.

Old 10-07-2021, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Way View Post
Biblically speaking, Jesus won't be enthroned as king until he returns to the earth and sets up the Millennial kingdom on the earth.

No sir, Rev 6:2; 12:7,8 Do you understand that Mike? When Jesus received the crown, he went forth to battle and cleanse the heavens casting satan to earth, which ushered in the last days of this system, and then he started gathering God's people on earth Isa 2:2,3

Old 10-07-2021, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tired of the Nonsense View Post
A better world is an admirable goal. Make believe will not make it happen, however.

It has always been said that if it sounds too good to be true, then it likely isn't. Why do we believe it will happen? The infallible fulfillment of prophecy found in the Bible. Joshua said: (Joshua 23:14) . . .you well know with all your heart and with all your soul that not one word out of all the good promises that Jehovah your God has spoken to you has failed. They have all come true for you. Not one word of them has failed.
We have seen so much more since his day, so there is a real hope among us.

Old 10-07-2021, 08:25 AM

33,266 posts, read 26,477,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highway54 View Post
No sir, Rev 6:2; 12:7,8 Do you understand that Mike? When Jesus received the crown, he went forth to battle and cleanse the heavens casting satan to earth, which ushered in the last days of this system, and then he started gathering God's people on earth Isa 2:2,3
Those are all future events. They haven't happened yet.

Old 10-08-2021, 04:54 AM

Quote:

One of us is definitely going to be surprised, me at the lack of coming, or you not being ready.

Old 10-08-2021, 08:44 AM

33,266 posts, read 26,477,412 times
Quote:
One of us is definitely going to be surprised, me at the lack of coming, or you not being ready.
That will be you.

Old 10-08-2021, 08:50 AM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
That will be you.
While I question the meaning and interpretations of virtually anything in Revelation, I tend to side with you on the timing, Michael.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity