Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2021, 10:50 AM

4,345 posts, read 2,162,726 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
Isaiah 26:20 does Not teach we are to be removed. The figurative 'sheep' (Matthew 25:31-33,37) stay alive on Earth and come through the coming great tribulation of Rev. 7:14,9
The SAINTS are never referred to as sheep.......that reference is to Israel.........Paul is the only one who writes of the rapture.....and it is always PRE-TRIB..........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2021, 10:53 AM

4,345 posts, read 2,162,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Hope for the best and prepare for the worst, I always say.

The timing is not clear in the Bible. I don't see any reason to believe that Christians will be spared from the troubles of the tribulation however.

There are so many interpretations that I just figure I will love God and serve Him as well as I can from my limited perspective of a 21st century, American white woman. I do believe God loves me. I also believe He is 100 percent just and righteous. I think we're probably all in for some surprises one day.
Timing for the rapture is when the last GENTILE is saved in the body of Christ........a time known obviously only to Christ..........anybody who sets a date for the rapture doesn't have a clue.......

Old 11-14-2021, 05:09 PM

1,972 posts, read 1,936,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Way View Post
You wrongly assume that the word 'saint' applies only to the New Testament church. But there were Old Testament 'saints' - the Hebrew words qadosh and qadash convey the meaning, and there will be Tribulational saints as well which will not be a part of the present church-age. Your argument that this precludes the pretribulational rapture is invalid.

This too is an invalid argument. You are referring to Revelation 7:9 which is referring to Tribulational martyrs, believers who are killed during the Tribulation. They are believers but they are not a part of the church which will have been raptured before the Tribulation begins.

The person in the video is mistaken. That the church will be raptured, taken off the earth before the Tribulation is evident, for one thing, since in 1 Thessalonians chapters 4 and 5 Paul places the rapture of the church before the Day of the Lord which in context refers to the Tribulation.

1 Thessalonians chapters 4 and 5 never mention a 7 year tribulation after the rapture.

your are inserting stuff that is not there.

Old 11-14-2021, 05:17 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,347,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
Timing for the rapture is when the last GENTILE is saved in the body of Christ........a time known obviously only to Christ..........anybody who sets a date for the rapture doesn't have a clue.......
...with people being born everyday, you won't ever have the last gentile as birth's are ongoing.
Besides that there is no such thing as the rapture, which is merely an escapism mentality.

Old 11-14-2021, 06:32 PM

33,224 posts, read 26,422,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meester-Chung View Post
1 Thessalonians chapters 4 and 5 never mention a 7 year tribulation after the rapture.

your are inserting stuff that is not there.
The Day of the Lord, as I mentioned, is a reference to the Tribulation. I don't insert things that aren't there. Paul places the Day of the Lord after the rapture of the church.

Old 11-14-2021, 07:18 PM

63,785 posts, read 40,053,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
...with people being born everyday, you won't ever have the last gentile as birth's are ongoing.
Besides that there is no such thing as the rapture, which is merely an escapism mentality.

Old 11-15-2021, 09:05 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,867,486 times
Quote:
With respect to the rapture, Catholics certainly believe that the event of our gathering together to be with Christ will take place, though they do not generally use the word “rapture” to refer to this event (somewhat ironically, since the term “rapture” is derived from the text of the Latin Vulgate of 1 Thess. 4:17—”we will be caught up,” [Latin: rapiemur]).
https://www.catholic.com/tract/the-rapture

That's a good article by the way.

Old 11-15-2021, 09:07 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,867,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meester-Chung View Post
The Catholic Origins of Futurism and Preterism

With the advent of the printing press in the15th century, and the resulting explosion of Bibles accessible in the common language from Protestant sources, it became readily apparent to those who could now study the prophecies of Daniel and Revelation in particular, that Bible prophecy identified by symbols a persecuting apostate entity generally known as antichrist. The following table shows the common elements from several places in scripture that aid in identifying this antichrist power:

http://www.aloha.net/~mikesch/antichrist.htm

The book of revelation says that the antichrist will make war with the Saints of God. That cannot happen if there’s a “pretribulation” rapture.
Furthermore, the book of revelations also describes a great multitude of people greater than any man can count, coming out from within the great tribulation having wash the robes in the blood of Jesus Christ. That also cannot happen if there is a “pretribulation”.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3o7uMGyMysw
To clarify, Catholics do not believe in a pretribulation rapture and also don't generally even use the word "rapture."

Old 06-16-2022, 05:27 AM

923 posts, read 237,898 times
Rapture Top Dogs Admit no Proof Exists.

Anyone looking for direct scripture support of the famed Pre-Trib Rapture will come up empty handed. Admits Rapture heavyweight John Walvoord in his book called The Rapture Question (Findlay, OH:1957, p.148). Saying;

"Ladd, in contrast to Jones, concedes that post-tribulalional rapture is an inference rather than an explicit revelation of Scripture in the following statement:

"Nor does the Word explicitly place the Rapture at the end of the Tribulation."
“The fact is that neither posttribulalionism nor pretribulationisim is an explicit teaching of Scripture. The Bible does not in so many words state either.”

“Pretribulationism is based on the fact that it allows a harmony of the Scriptures relating to the Second Advent.”

“The separation of the translation from the return of Christ to earth permits each of the two events so different in character, to have its own place.”

“It solves the problem of the confusing and contradictory details in the post-tribulational interpretation illustrated in the difficulty of the postribulationist's themselves to work out a harmony of prophecies related to the second advent."

Another Rapture heavy-weight, Tim LaHaye says:

"One objection to the pre-Tribulation Rapture is that not one passage of Scripture teaches the two aspects of His Second Coming separated by the Tribulation. This is true. But then, no one passage teaches a post-trib or mid-trib Rapture, either."

Tim LaHaye, No Fear of the Storm: Why Christians Will Escape All the Tribulation (Sisters, OR: Multnomah, 1992), 69. This book was later republished as Rapture Under Attack). “That’s Not in the Bible” Gary DeMar.

So despite the fact millions of books claiming the rapture flew off the shelves despite the failed prophecies surrounding them, millions of Christians believe as scripture truth the claims that have no scripture supporting them.

Old 06-16-2022, 05:33 AM

923 posts, read 237,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Yes. It is Biblical. The question is the timing--when it will happen in regards to the end times. I'm hopeful it comes before the Great Tribulation of Revelation, but I am not willing to say with certainty, and would not call someone who disagrees a heretic over it.

Proof texts you mention:

I Thessalonians 4:13-18

Brothers, we do not want you to be ignorant about those who fall asleep, or to grieve like the rest of men, who have no hope. 14We believe that Jesus died and rose again and so we believe that God will bring with Jesus those who have fallen asleep in him. 15According to the Lord's own word, we tell you that we who are still alive, who are left till the coming of the Lord, will certainly not precede those who have fallen asleep. 16For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. 17After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever. 18Therefore encourage each other with these words.

I Corinthians 15:51-52

51 Behold! I tell you a mystery. We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, 52 in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised imperishable, and we shall be changed.
The rapture;

“For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.” (1 Thessalonians 4:16–17)

“Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.” (1 Corinthians 15:51–53)

But it happens after the resurrection. Which happens on the last day

“In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.” 1 Corinthians 15:52 (KJV 1900)

“Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.” (John 5:28–29)

“And this is the Father’s will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.” (John 6:39)

“No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him, and I will raise him up on the last day.” John 6:44 (HCSB)

so man lies down and does not rise; until the heavens are no more, they will not awake nor arise from their sleep.” (Job 14:12) (NET)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity