Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2021, 12:12 PM

12 posts, read 7,390 times

Advertisements

For those of you who believe in the Rapture, can you show any evidence or scripture verses that can prove this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2021, 12:15 PM

11,054 posts, read 6,655,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFX115 View Post
For those of you who believe in the Rapture, can you show any evidence or scripture verses that can prove this?
I used to 'cause my childhood church did. Now I know better. The verse they based it on is that one about the "twinkling of an eye, coming in the clouds, meet him in the air...." I forget where it is.

Old 11-08-2021, 12:19 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,033,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand&Salt View Post
I used to 'cause my childhood church did. Now I know better. The verse they based it on is that one about the "twinkling of an eye, coming in the clouds, meet him in the air...." I forget where it is.
Yes. It is Biblical. The question is the timing--when it will happen in regards to the end times. I'm hopeful it comes before the Great Tribulation of Revelation, but I am not willing to say with certainty, and would not call someone who disagrees a heretic over it.

Proof texts you mention:

I Thessalonians 4:13-18

Brothers, we do not want you to be ignorant about those who fall asleep, or to grieve like the rest of men, who have no hope. 14We believe that Jesus died and rose again and so we believe that God will bring with Jesus those who have fallen asleep in him. 15According to the Lord's own word, we tell you that we who are still alive, who are left till the coming of the Lord, will certainly not precede those who have fallen asleep. 16For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. 17After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever. 18Therefore encourage each other with these words.

I Corinthians 15:51-52

51 Behold! I tell you a mystery. We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, 52 in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised imperishable, and we shall be changed.

Old 11-08-2021, 12:51 PM

33,266 posts, read 26,477,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFX115 View Post
The word 'rapture' comes from the Latin word 'rapiemur' which is the Latin translation of the Greek word ἁρπάζω/harpazó in 1 Thessalonians 4:17 which means to catch up, to seize by force. So the 'rapture' refers to the event of which Paul refers to in 1 Thessalonians 4:17.
I Thessalonicenses 4:17 Latin: Vulgata Clementina
Deinde nos, qui vivimus, qui relinquimur, simul rapiemur c um illis in nubibus obviam Christo in aëra, et sic semper c um Domino erimus.

https://biblehub.com/multi/1_thessalonians/4-17.htm
The English word 'rapture' therefore refers to what Paul says in 1 Thessalonians 4:17,
1 Thess. 4:17 Then we who are alive and remain will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we shall always be with the Lord.
Paul doesn't say that the church will remain in the air. But having met the Lord in the air the church then goes up into heaven until it returns to the earth with Jesus at the end of the Tribulation.

The rapture of the church and the resurrection of the church take place simultaneously.

Old 11-08-2021, 02:01 PM

4,345 posts, read 2,168,573 times
It WILL happen.........we are to be removed since we have nothing in common with those saved under the law......the body of Christ is a unique entity...........

Old 11-08-2021, 04:08 PM

9,691 posts, read 10,027,043 times
The rapture scripture is on Revelations 20 ....``I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and the Word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years .... Blessed and holy is he that has part of the resurrection on such the second death has no power, they will be priest of God and of Christ, and will reign with Him a thousand years ``............ See this thousand years the devil and his hoard will be in captive off the earth, where God will have a witness of man with no dark spirit influence .... where someone a thousand years down the road will sin which will be rebellion against God and the devil will come back to the earth

Old 11-08-2021, 04:40 PM

10,043 posts, read 4,974,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
The rapture scripture is on Revelations 20 ....``I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and the Word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years .... Blessed and holy is he that has part of the resurrection on such the second death has no power, they will be priest of God and of Christ, and will reign with Him a thousand years ``............ See this thousand years the devil and his hoard will be in captive off the earth, where God will have a witness of man with no dark spirit influence .... where someone a thousand years down the road will sin which will be rebellion against God and the devil will come back to the earth
I find Revelation 20:6 is Not about rapture, but about: a heavenly resurrection.
Those who govern with Christ over Earth for a thousand years have a first or earlier resurrection - Rev. 2:10; Rev. 5:9-10.
The devil and hoard are in the abyss for a thousand years.
The figurative ' sheep ' at Jesus coming 'Glory Time' of separation on Earth (Matthew 25:31-33,37) are alive on Earth and they remain alive on Earth ( Isaiah 26:20) and will be here to see calendar Day One of Jesus' 1,000-year reign over Earth.
During that Millennium-Long Day Jesus will bring an end to ' enemy death ' on Earth - 1st Corinthians 15:24-26; Isaiah 25:8.
No rapture for the 'sheep' that 'great crowd' of Rev. 7:9,14 who come through the great tribulation alive here on Earth.

Old 11-08-2021, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
It WILL happen.........we are to be removed ...........
Isaiah 26:20 does Not teach we are to be removed. The figurative 'sheep' (Matthew 25:31-33,37) stay alive on Earth and come through the coming great tribulation of Rev. 7:14,9

Old 11-08-2021, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand&Salt View Post
........... The verse they based it on is that one about the "twinkling of an eye, coming in the clouds, meet him in the air...." I forget where it is.
1 Thessalonians chapter 4 is addressing: Jesus' brothers' ( the 'brothers' of Matthew 25:40 )
Jesus was Not caught away in the clouds (Acts 1:9) while he was alive but after he was resurrected.
So, 1st Thess. 4:17 those 'brothers' still alive on Earth will Not go up physical body (1st Cor. 15:50) but will go up in a resurrected body, a spirit person body, just as Jesus did at Acts 1:9.
The ' twinkling of an eye ' means they spend No time sleeping in death as the rest do; be resurrected right away.
Those ' brothers ' (Rev. 2:10) have that first or earlier resurrection mentioned at Rev. 20:6 because they will serve with Christ as kings and priests over people of Earth - Rev. 5:9-10.

Old 11-08-2021, 05:42 PM

23,175 posts, read 10,468,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Yes. It is Biblical. The question is the timing--when it will happen in regards to the end times. I'm hopeful it comes before the Great Tribulation of Revelation, but I am not willing to say with certainty, and would not call someone who disagrees a heretic over it.

Proof texts you mention:

I Thessalonians 4:13-18

Brothers, we do not want you to be ignorant about those who fall asleep, or to grieve like the rest of men, who have no hope. 14We believe that Jesus died and rose again and so we believe that God will bring with Jesus those who have fallen asleep in him. 15According to the Lord's own word, we tell you that we who are still alive, who are left till the coming of the Lord, will certainly not precede those who have fallen asleep. 16For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. 17After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever. 18Therefore encourage each other with these words.

I Corinthians 15:51-52

51 Behold! I tell you a mystery. We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, 52 in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised imperishable, and we shall be changed.
You dont know what you are talking about because you reject the knowledge of Christ willingly.

That trumpet that hearlds the Messiah is called The last trumpet which is blown on every Rosh Hashanah, and when Paul speaks of that last trumpet, EVERY ONE KNEW HE WAS SPEAKING OF ROSH HASHANAH.

The fist trump is blown on Pentecost and it hearlds the betrothal to all nation while the last trump hearlds the coming of the bridegroon with a shout, IT IS THE AWAKENING SHOUT OF THE TRUMPET.

THE LAST TRUMP, AND KNOWN TO ALL WHO STUDY THE FEASTS OF GOD, to be the last trump.

Paul is literally quoting Zechariah 14, paul is telling you that if you dont accept Tabernacles and you are fighting Jerusalem, YOU DIE.

Then AFTER ALL THE PAGAN CHRISTIANS DIE.

THEN, THEN.

THEN, "" Those of us who are left alive."

Paul is quoting Zechariah 14 and HOW ALL THE CHRISTIANS DIE AND
EXACTLY HOW AND
WHY THEY DIE.

The last trumpet will blast on Rosh Hashanah, THEN THOSE WHO ARE LEFT ALIVE."

AFTER THE ENEMIES OF JERUSALEM DIE.

WHO ARE THE ENEMIES OF JERUSALEM?

Christians.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity