Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2023, 11:23 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,009,498 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Way View Post
I already know your views. I'm asking LittleNipper about a comment he made. I don't intent to take the thread off topic by pursuing it beyond the question I asked him.
You already are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2023, 11:26 AM

33,225 posts, read 26,422,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
You already are.
When someone makes a comment we are allowed to respond to it. As long as it doesn't go beyond a post or two it is not taking the thread off topic.

Old 06-23-2023, 11:39 AM

4,627 posts, read 1,171,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
That is a lie from the pit of your imaginary hell.

I hope you find your way out, soon.
Truly.

You don't deserve it. You don't derserve to be in this darkness, this not knowing. YOU are loved. I know what you "say" about others (they're not chosen and whatnot).... but you, Brightfame are loved by the same God that loves those you may be having difficulties with, in this present time. It will not always be that way. You are in a certain type of darkness, meaning there is something you cannot see right now. But you will, and when you do, you will shed the things that no longer serve you, and you will be wrapped in joy. Guaranteed.
No, its True, the word know denotes an intimate knowing, like a Husband Wife, Christ Loved His Church He died for Eph 5:25

25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;

So Christ didnt Love them nor die for them, He would never say what He said to people He Loved and died for. Matt 7:23

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

He is rejecting them, Is that Love ? You ever been rejected before ?

Old 06-23-2023, 12:58 PM

2,406 posts, read 6,037,722 times
Quote:
If that's what you believe Christianity is, it's easy to see why you'd object. This is pretty typical.

I grew up thoroughly immersed in Christian culture. It's easy to assume I'm an outsider looking in and that my perspective is skewed. My parents were heavily involved in church and still are to this day. I went to church multiple times a week, youth group, church retreats, Christian camps and went to private Christian school from Kindergarten all the way through high school. I'm qualified to speak on the subject of Christianity.

Old 06-23-2023, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstnghu2 View Post
I grew up thoroughly immersed in Christian culture. It's easy to assume I'm an outsider looking in and that my perspective is skewed. My parents were heavily involved in church and still are to this day. I went to church multiple times a week, youth group, church retreats, Christian camps and went to private Christian school from Kindergarten all the way through high school. I'm qualified to speak on the subject of Christianity.
Then why did you misrepresent it?

Old 06-23-2023, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Then why did you misrepresent it?

I'm not sure what you mean. The entire premise of Christianity is this:

According to the Bible, Adam and Eve ate a piece of fruit that God had told them not to. As a result, they were banished from the garden of Eden and the entire universe was now "broken" and all of future humanity would be corrupt and in need of "saving" in order to escape eternal punishment upon death.

God later came to Earth in the form of a man and sacrificed his life to save the evil humans. So basically, people are born as evil and corrupt sinners who need to be saved from themselves and this is all a result of Adam and Eve eating forbidden fruit.

It all used to make perfect sense to me even though I realize now how completely absurd the entire basis of Christianity is. I don't disrespect people for believing it and as I mentioned, my parents are devout Christians. I don't respect when people can't engage in open dialogue about it though, which is more often than not the case with most Christians. Maybe you can explain how I'm misrepresenting it. I just explained it very concisely and don't see where I'm wrong in how I'm describing it.

Old 06-23-2023, 01:48 PM

63,788 posts, read 40,053,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightfame52 View Post
No, its True, the word know denotes an intimate knowing, like a Husband Wife, Christ Loved His Church He died for Eph 5:25

25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;

So Christ didnt Love them nor die for them, He would never say what He said to people He Loved and died for. Matt 7:23

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

He is rejecting them, Is that Love ? You ever been rejected before ?
What sparrow is hoping for YOU is that you will repent (change your mind about God) and avoid being rejected until you accept the truth of God's love for us ALL.

Old 06-23-2023, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstnghu2 View Post
I'm not sure what you mean. The entire premise of Christianity is this:

According to the Bible, Adam and Eve ate a piece of fruit that God had told them not to. As a result, they were banished from the garden of Eden and the entire universe was now "broken" and all of future humanity would be corrupt and in need of "saving" in order to escape eternal punishment upon death.

God later came to Earth in the form of a man and sacrificed his life to save the evil humans. So basically, people are born as evil and corrupt sinners who need to be saved from themselves and this is all a result of Adam and Eve eating forbidden fruit.

It all used to make perfect sense to me even though I realize now how completely absurd the entire basis of Christianity is. I don't disrespect people for believing it and as I mentioned, my parents are devout Christians. I don't respect when people can't engage in open dialogue about it though, which is more often than not the case with most Christians. Maybe you can explain how I'm misrepresenting it. I just explained it very concisely and don't see where I'm wrong in how I'm describing it.
The issue I have is the "unless I believe in a belief system".

Christianity is more than a belief system. It's God rescuing sinners.

Old 06-23-2023, 05:15 PM

Quote:
The issue I have is the "unless I believe in a belief system".

Christianity is more than a belief system. It's God rescuing sinners.

It's a belief system. You believe it. I, along with many others don't and have many specific reasons as to why we don't believe it. Believing in something doesn't automatically make it true.

Old 06-23-2023, 05:34 PM

17,780 posts, read 13,673,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkintheLight View Post

Mat 7:21* Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.*

Mat 7:22* Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?*

Mat 7:23* And then will I profess unto them, I NEVER KNEW YOU: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.*
Sounds to me that you can think you are a Christian and not actually be one. And then not find out until it is too late.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity