Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2023, 06:13 PM

2,637 posts, read 1,173,205 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkintheLight View Post
SOme of you will hear these very words, from the Lord himself, it is inevitable

Mat 7:21* Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.*

Mat 7:22* Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?*

Mat 7:23* And then will I profess unto them, I NEVER KNEW YOU: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.*

You do not have to though. Go to the mercy seat now and meet the King of King. Or do nothing and sit there.

We all have choices. It is the self or Christ, choose one.
Seems to me he meant that people who do this in 7:22 did it to look good to the public. To look like they were doing the Lords work and saving souls. When in fact they didn't mean what they said and lost some faith or had faith just weak faith. There are many people who preach to others in public. Some even try preaching at social gatherings where the person they preach to has been drinking alcohol. This is to pat oneself on the back and appear to look good and righteous and try to score points with God. It is different with preachers on TV and in church that is why they are there. I think Jesus was speaking in reference to the average every day person or believer. Don't preach in his name just to score points or look good to others.

But Jesus let them know it doesn't work that way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2023, 08:57 AM

166 posts, read 51,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Way View Post
So you reject the reality of evolution because of a mythic creation story?
I reject trans-species evolution. I do accept species degeneration. And I note hybridization within KINDS but not trans KINDS. I feel that the Bible is the WORD OF GOD and is promoted by my LORD JESUS CHRIST as factual and fulfilled by HIM.

Old 06-24-2023, 10:46 AM

2,637 posts, read 1,173,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Lol. You know what popped into my head? Someone I am close to who attends AA meetings says they have a saying about people who point fingers at and preach about others: "If you spot it, you got it."
Like the one I have. While people point the finger with complaining accuzations there are 3 more pointing back at themselves.

Jesus I think said take the speck out of your own eye first. Or something like that.

Old 06-24-2023, 10:48 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,007,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstnghu2 View Post
It's a belief system. You believe it. I, along with many others don't and have many specific reasons as to why we don't believe it. Believing in something doesn't automatically make it true.
No, it doesn't make it true. There are a huge number of different belief systems (many that claim to be Christian) around here and, for the most part, the only one that can actually be openly attacked on this forum is Christianity.

But no, we aren't saved just because we "happen to believe" in the right system. We are saved because God calls his people to him, he grants them faith, and he saves them.

Old 06-24-2023, 01:04 PM

11,895 posts, read 3,685,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staystill View Post
Like the one I have. While people point the finger with complaining accuzations there are 3 more pointing back at themselves.

Jesus I think said take the speck out of your own eye first. Or something like that.
The great big log

Old 06-24-2023, 08:24 PM

2,859 posts, read 1,803,509 times
The verse several Posters are referring to:

"Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the.Plank in your own eye. Matthew 7:3 (NIV)

"Do not judge or you too will be judged. Matthew 7:1 (NIV)

Matthew 7:1-6, Judging Others

There's Good News ! Free ! GOD loves you ! Repent , accept Jesus as Lord and Savior !
Eternal life will be yours

In this world you will have trouble. Take heart ! I (Jesus) have overcome the world.
John 16:33b (NIV)

Old 06-24-2023, 09:23 PM

11,895 posts, read 3,685,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sera View Post

"Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the.Plank in your own eye. Matthew 7:3 (NIV)
<snip>
That’s the one

Old 06-25-2023, 06:48 AM

88,525 posts, read 84,705,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sera View Post

"Do not judge or you too will be judged. Matthew 7:1 (NIV)

Matthew 7:1-6, Judging Others

There's Good News ! Free ! GOD loves you ! Repent , accept Jesus as Lord and Savior !
Eternal life will be yours

In this world you will have trouble. Take heart ! I (Jesus) have overcome the world.
John 16:33b (NIV)
Lol, sera, pretty sure everyone on this forum knows these verses!

Old 06-25-2023, 08:14 AM

33,223 posts, read 26,417,924 times
Yes, Jesus said, " Get away from me, I never knew you.''

But he never said, ''Get away from me, you have cooties. eeeww!''

Old 06-25-2023, 11:31 AM

1,925 posts, read 557,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightfame52 View Post
No, its True, the word know denotes an intimate knowing, like a Husband Wife, Christ Loved His Church He died for Eph 5:25

25 Husbands love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;

So Christ didnt Love them nor die for them, He would never say what He said to people He Loved and died for. Matt 7:23

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

He is rejecting them, Is that Love ? You ever been rejected before ?
This is not an everyday occurrence being spoken of here. This takes place during a specific time period, namely at the judgement seat of Christ. At this point he rejects those who have rejected him, which we have been warned against throughout the entire new testament. Your choice, not his.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity