Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2023, 11:28 AM

4,625 posts, read 1,170,418 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Way View Post
You are being obtuse. I've already explained the difference between sin being delt with judicially at the cross, and being delt with as a family matter when the believer sins. I'm not wasting more time on you arguing about it.
Sin cant hinder the relationship God has with His forgiven people, neither are they ever under Gods wrath for sin. Now as far as sin being in ones life as a believer, believers will sin everyday for the rest of their lives here because we are sinners saved by grace. So I dont see your point its invalid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2023, 12:09 PM

33,224 posts, read 26,422,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightfame52 View Post
Sin cant hinder the relationship God has with His forgiven people, neither are they ever under Gods wrath for sin. Now as far as sin being in ones life as a believer, believers will sin everyday for the rest of their lives here because we are sinners saved by grace. So I dont see your point its invalid.
When a believer sins he gets out of fellowship with God. That doesn't mean that he loses his salvation. It means that when a believer sins he enters into a state of carnality and is not being filled with the Holy Spirit until he acknowledges his sin to God as per 1 John 1:9. The believer is never commanded to be indwelt by the Spirit because in the dispensation of the Church the indwelling of the Holy Spirit is universal among believers and is permanent. But the filling of the Spirit is commanded. It is a different ministry of the Holy Spirit and is lost when the believer sins and regained when the sin is acknowledged. Again, the believer's sin is handled as a family matter, not as a judicial matter. The believer's sin doesn't affect his eternal relationship with God but it does affect his temporal relationship with God until he acknowledges or confesses his sin.

Last edited by Michael Way; 07-17-2023 at 12:26 PM..

Old 07-17-2023, 12:33 PM

Quote:
When a believer sins he gets out of fellowship with God. That doesn't mean that he loses his salvation. It means that when a believer sins he enters into a state of carnality and is not being filled with the Holy Spirit until he acknowledges his sin to God as per 1 John 1:9. The believer is never commanded to be indwelt by the Spirit because in the dispensation of the Church the indwelling of the Holy Spirit is universal among believers and is permanent. But the filling of the Spirit is a different ministry of the Holy Spirit and is lost when the believer sins and regained when the sin is acknowledged. Again, the believer's sin is handled as a family matter, not as a judicial matter. The believer's sin doesn't affect his eternal relationship with God but it does affect his temporal relationship with God until he acknowledges or confesses his sin.
The believers unconfessed sin, no matter what it is, has been forgiven by God, you do realize that dont you ? And a believer while still in this fleshly body is carnal, Paul admitted that as a believer Rom 7:14

For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.

Paul is speaking in the present indicative,

However because he is a new creature in Christ, born of the Spirit, he is Spiritual. The believer will constantly sin as long as sin is in his flesh, so it will be a constanst never ending warfare until death Gal 5:17

17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.

There is no discharge in that war, save for the future final deliverance through Christ or death Rom 7:23-25

23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.

24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?

25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

Old 07-17-2023, 01:04 PM

Quote:
The believers unconfessed sin, no matter what it is, has been forgiven by God, you do realize that dont you ? And a believer while still in this fleshly body is carnal, Paul admitted that as a believer Rom 7:14

Good grief! I've twice explained the difference between sins being forgiven judicially at the cross, and relationally when the believer sins. 1 John 1:9 says that the believer's sin is NOT forgiven until he acknowledges that sin.

If you are so totally unable to understand the difference between sins being forgiven judicially and being forgiven relationally then just go on in your confusion. Hopefully, other people reading this are more discerning than you. I'm done here.

Old 07-17-2023, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Good grief! I've twice explained the difference between sins being forgiven judicially at the cross, and relationally when the believer sins. 1 John 1:9 says that the believer's sin is NOT forgiven until he acknowledges that sin.

If you are so totally unable to understand the difference between sins being forgiven judicially and being forgiven relationally then just go on in your confusion. Hopefully, other people reading this are more discerning than you. I'm done here.
No it doesnt say that !

All the believers sins are forgiven, past, present and future, and in fact they were all forgiven while the believer was an unbeliever hating God !

Even when the believer was an unbelieving enemy, they were reconciled to God by His death Rom 5:10

10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

Old 07-17-2023, 01:58 PM

251 posts, read 76,219 times
Can believers knowingly sin and still inherit the kingdom of God? No.

Galatians 5
[19] Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness,
[20] idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies,
[21] envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

Old 07-17-2023, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07-07-07 View Post

Galatians 5
[19] Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness,
[20] idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies,
[21] envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.
To inherit is not the same as to inhabit. To inherit the kingdom has to do with receiving the blessings and responsibilities in the kingdom that accrue to the believer who advances spiritually during his time in this life. All believers in Christ will inhabit the kingdom, but not all believers will 'inherit' the kingdom. At least, that's the way I see it. God doesn't send you to the lake of fire for committing sins that Jesus already paid the penalty for on the cross as your substitute. Otherwise, Jesus going to the cross was meaningless and a waste of time.

Old 07-17-2023, 02:32 PM

251 posts, read 76,219 times
Quote:
To inherit is not the same as to inhabit. To inherit the kingdom has to do with receiving the blessings and responsibilities in the kingdom that accrue to the believer who advances spiritually during his time in this life. All believers in Christ will inhabit the kingdom, but not all believers will 'inherit' the kingdom. At least, that's the way I see it. God doesn't send you to the lake of fire for committing sins that Jesus already paid the penalty for on the cross as your substitute. Otherwise, Jesus going to the cross was meaningless and a waste of time.
Not my opinion nor your opinion, but the Word of God is the authority.

1 John 3
[4] Whoever commits sin also commits lawlessness, and sin is lawlessness.
[5] And you know that He was manifested to take away our sins, and in Him there is no sin.
[6] Whoever abides in Him does not sin. Whoever sins has neither seen Him nor known Him.
[7] Little children, let no one deceive you. He who practices righteousness is righteous, just as He is righteous.
[8] He who sins is of the devil, for the devil has sinned from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that He might destroy the works of the devil.
[9] Whoever has been born of God does not sin, for His seed remains in him; and he cannot sin, because he has been born of God. (NKJV)

Old 07-17-2023, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Yes, they do it everyday.

Those who will not inherit the kingdom in Gal 5:21 are unbelievers who Christ didnt die for, so they are going to be charged with their sins against Gods law.

Old 07-17-2023, 04:28 PM

63,785 posts, read 40,053,123 times
Quote:
Yes, they do it everyday.
Those who will not inherit the kingdom in Gal 5:21 are unbelievers who Christ didnt die for, so they are going to be charged with their sins against Gods law.
That is the ear-tickling "easy believism." It doesn't matter what kind of worthless human being you BECOME, your belief in Jesus will cover you and it won't matter!! That is the worst of wishful thinking and a do-nothing fatalism
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity