Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2024, 11:55 AM

23,138 posts, read 10,431,246 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCCyou View Post
Yes, each at their own level as The Holy Spirit desires.
But you are NOT an apostle, Kate,
Nor are you a Bishop. Or a Deacon.
These offices are named in the NT scripture as I've shown,
AND other passages even describe initial qualification guidelines (1 Timothy 3:2-12)

You're really making yourself look silly here....
This is where your group has really gone off the deep end here.
There are no doubt qualifications, but you cant fit modern Christianity to align with scripture.

It has only been in the last 80 years that God began choosing Gentiles for Levites, and only if they qualify.

It has only been since Israel became a nation again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2024, 12:14 PM

I believe everyone in here in saved, some maybe more than me but that ain't saying much.

I often say things that seem offensive but I dont have ideas about hell like most.

For myself, I would be too afraid to consider myself a priest although I have I completed the requirements to become a priest, it doesnt mean I am, but as sparrow said, there are requirements that qualify a Gentile to be a priest.

Not everyone is supposed to be a priest, and certainly very few would choose to do so if they knew what all it involved

What is a priest supposed to do?

If God chooses a Gentile to be a priest, then God pours oil on his head and he begins to learn extremely fast, but what is the priest being taught?

They are taught the law and the prophets and the comings and goings of temple we claim to be.

As it was said," We are the temple," then if so, then shouldn't our main concern be about learning the comings and going of the temple?

See thats the problem, Christianity rejects the teaching of the comings and goings of the temple we claim to be, and so what would an educated Levite teach when the very thing he is appointed to teach is taboo?

Old 03-10-2024, 12:19 PM

9,895 posts, read 1,263,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
But it doesn't say prayers, songs, etc.
Why would prayers, songs, doing good works be seen as some sort of sacrifice?

That verse, to me, is about having discipline. You don't fall into the traps of this world, you keep yourself (mind, body and soul) healthy. There are varying levels of difficulty depending on what is going on in your life, (in your mind, body and soul). To me the verse is more of an encouragement to stay on the good path, keep your eyes on God, not on the trappings of the world.

Prayers, songs, doing good works..... these things are not a sacrifice. They should be done happily, joyfully, no? There is no sacrifice.

The reason I point this out, like I said, the word "sacrifice" just doesn't fit, in my eyes to what you applied it to.
I agree with what you wrote about discipline and staying on the good path. Everything we do for the Lord is spiritual sacrifice.

The offering of ourselves in a spiritual sacrifice.

“Therefore I exhort you, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a sacrifice⁠—living, holy, and pleasing to God, which is your spiritual service of worship.” (Romans 12:1)

Praise is considered a spiritual sacrifice in the Bible. So is doing good and sharing.

15. Therefore by Him let us continually offer the sacrifice of praise to God, that is, the fruit of our lips, giving thanks to His name. 16 But do not forget to do good and to share, for with such sacrifices God is well pleased. (Hebrews 13:15-16)

Loving others is a spiritual sacrifice.

And walk in love, just as Christ also loved us and gave Himself up for us, an offering and a sacrifice to God as a fragrant aroma. (Ephesians 5:2)

Old 03-10-2024, 12:27 PM

3,824 posts, read 1,378,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
I believe everyone in here in saved, some maybe more than me but that ain't saying much.

I often say things that seem offensive but I dont have ideas about hell like most.

For myself, I would be too afraid to consider myself a priest although I have I completed the requirements to become a priest, it doesnt mean I am, but as sparrow said, there are requirements that qualify a Gentile to be a priest.

Not everyone is supposed to be a priest, and certainly very few would choose to do so if they knew what all it involved

What is a priest supposed to do?

If God chooses a Gentile to be a priest, then God pours oil on his head and he begins to learn extremely fast, but what is the priest being taught?

They are taught the law and the prophets and the comings and goings of temple we claim to be.

As it was said," We are the temple," then if so, then shouldn't our main concern be about learning the comings and going of the temple?

See thats the problem, Christianity rejects the teaching of the comings and goings of the temple we claim to be, and so what would an educated Levite teach when the very thing he is appointed to teach is taboo?

But Hani, there is a higher priesthood than the Levitical,
one that the Levite pays tithe to,
as Abraham gave a tenth to Melcheizedek!
We were shown this end, from the beginning - only that can come from God! (Hebrews ch 7-10/ Isaiah 46:10)

Old 03-10-2024, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Yes, each at their own level as The Holy Spirit desires.
But you are NOT an Apostle, Kate,
Nor are you a Bishop. Or a Deacon.
These offices are named in the NT scripture as I've shown,
AND other passages even describe initial qualification guidelines (1 Timothy 3:2-12)

You're really making yourself look silly here....
This is where your group has really gone off the deep end here.
There are no levels in Christianity. There are different roles. All are equal.

There are no apostles in the Lord’s church today except in the broad sense of the word. Each of us is “sent” to preach the gospel.

Bishops and deacons must meet qualifications as you rightly pointed out. Sadly the Catholic Church has ignored these qualifications. Being married comes to mind. So does being above reproach.

No congregation of the Lord’s church found in the NT was ever led by a lone priest, bishop, elder, overseer, or shepherd.

Old 03-10-2024, 01:37 PM

Quote:
But Hani, there is a higher priesthood than the Levitical,
one that the Levite pays tithe to,
as Abraham gave a tenth to Melcheizedek!
We were shown this end, from the beginning - only that can come from God! (Hebrews ch 7-10/ Isaiah 46:10)
All of Hebrews 7 is summed up in Hebrews 8 where it explains the reason God brings a new covenant for the house of Israel and the house of Judah.

Spiritually speaking, are you of the house of Israel or the house of Judah?

You are both, but why, how?

Galatians says you are of Ishmael and of Isaac, are you?

Why?
How?

Everyone quotes Romans and Galatians but very few know what is being said.

At the time of Moses there was Egypt and Israel, are you of Egypt and of Israel?

Yes.

Then in speaking of Egypt and Israel in the past, Roman's zipped to the then present showing how the two equate to Israel and Judah.

Are you of Cain and of Abel?

Yes

This is what the priesthood is getting to, God says he will make a new covenant with the flesh and with the spirit where he puts his laws in the hearts of Israel, the flesh.

Jesus changed the makeup of a human with a priesthood in each, but that is spiritually speaking.

There is still the physical aspects of a literal priesthood where educated priests teach the law and the prophets, and the comings and goings of the temple, and there is still the Jewish nation that represents God's spiritual kingdom, and there is still the lawless enemy, Israel, the flesh.

Old 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM

3,824 posts, read 1,378,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissKate12 View Post
There are no levels in Christianity. There are different roles. All are equal.

There are no apostles in the Lord’s church today except in the broad sense of the word. Each of us is “sent” to preach the gospel.

Bishops and deacons must meet qualifications as you rightly pointed out. Sadly the Catholic Church has ignored these qualifications. Being married comes to mind. So does being above reproach.

No congregation of the Lord’s church found in the NT was ever led by a lone priest, bishop, elder, overseer, or shepherd.
Jesus of course is High Priest , and yes there are levels in His Kingdom because no other can be High Priest!
Yet WE have an altar, as Paul explains in Hebrews, from which we eat of the sacrifice made available to us FROM our High Priest, Jesus Christ.
IFFF HIS kingdom had NOT yet come, then what we eat of from this altar would still be merely just a symbol - a shadow of something better YET to come.
But has HIS kingdom not yet come, MissKate I ask you?
Is HIS sacrifice just a shadow or symbol and not sufficient enough for you to enjoin the banquet, dressed properly, that merely requires only your presence too?
Did Jesus leave something left yet undone that in His Kingdom His loyal subjects are fed mere shadows and symbols of something better yet greater to come??

Old 03-10-2024, 01:53 PM

8,167 posts, read 6,920,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissKate12 View Post
I agree with what you wrote about discipline and staying on the good path. Everything we do for the Lord is spiritual sacrifice.

The offering of ourselves in a spiritual sacrifice.

“Therefore I exhort you, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a sacrifice⁠—living, holy, and pleasing to God, which is your spiritual service of worship.” (Romans 12:1)

Praise is considered a spiritual sacrifice in the Bible. So is doing good and sharing.

15. Therefore by Him let us continually offer the sacrifice of praise to God, that is, the fruit of our lips, giving thanks to His name. 16 But do not forget to do good and to share, for with such sacrifices God is well pleased. (Hebrews 13:15-16)

Loving others is a spiritual sacrifice.

And walk in love, just as Christ also loved us and gave Himself up for us, an offering and a sacrifice to God as a fragrant aroma. (Ephesians 5:2)

The term "sacrifice" for these things does not compute for me.
What are you giving up?

And the "sacrifice of praise" that does not make sense to me.

The use of the term "sacrifice" seems misplaced to me.

Old 03-10-2024, 02:36 PM

43,055 posts, read 18,231,767 times
Quote:
What are you giving up?

Paul is speaking to Jews and converted Pagans...both religions at that time made "sacrifices" of animals.
Sacrifice is used in context of the time at which it was written.

Old 03-10-2024, 05:23 PM

Quote:
What are you giving up?

Hi Sparrow. How would you interpret the verses below, which I shared with you in my last post? I may not be able to get back to you tonight, but if I am unable, I pray you have a blessed one.
Kate

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity