Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Christians: do you think it is a sin to vote for Barack Obama?
Yes 49 26.49%
No 136 73.51%
Voters: 185. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2008, 08:25 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,934,462 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by afonega1 View Post
FOX NEWS!!OMG!! Don't get me started on them!Its like watching the Disney Channel.
You can see this on other sites too!!! Don't be SOOOOOOOOOOO closed mined!!!

Old 09-03-2008, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
The same exact excuse evangelicals give for going to war to butcher their brothers?

Care to tell us what war you are talking about? You seem real good at making vague general statements. How about giving us some facts.
Campell, if I could rep you I would. When it comes to facts you have stopped them in their tracks.
Now all they have is mudd throwing!!

Old 09-03-2008, 09:07 AM

14,164 posts, read 27,223,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nietzschean Gangsta View Post
Most. Delusional. Post. Ever!!!
Yeah, if we actually cared about Iraqis killing their own, why did we wait so many years to do try and do something about it?

The "we're taking down an evil dictator" reason for the war was just the reason that stuck, after Bush's handlers kept throwing false justification out to get support from the public for the Neocon's master plan. If you think we did it for that reason, you're delusional!

Old 09-03-2008, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
And frankly, I could care less about gay marriage when there are thousands of homeles families on the streets struggling to survive, people who can't afford health insurance and can barely afford Gas to get to work. Homosexuality is sin, but so is turning your nose up at a poor neighbor on the way to the polling station. The GOP has done all that and more.
Good post mackinac81, for the most I agree. As far as homeless, I don't know about where you live but in my town we see a lot of help wanted in stores and gas stations, fast food etc.. People don't want these jobs they want the $25.00 hr job they have no experience for.
So they would rather live in a tent until winter and move to the city and live under the bridges. For some this is a choice. You have to help yourself and not except someone to get it started for you.

About gas prices , Americans think we are the only ones dealing with this It is a WORLD issue what has Nancy Pelosi been doing about it............
Pelosi’s office claims the Speaker was preoccupied with trying to stop a vote on offshore oil drilling that would make America less dependent on foreign fuel sources, and that’s why she couldn’t sell more books.
Were's Obama........U.S. Sen. Barack Obama today went for an early morning a jog along a Windward side beach, then played a round of golf on the second day of his Hawaii visit, which he has said is primarily a vacation and to spend time with family.
We all need a vacation, but how many Americans can afford this, this year.

Harry Ried..............Des Moines, IA – American Future Fund (AFF) today launched its latest radio ad, “Bargain,” which calls on Harry Reid to end his vacation and instead focus on the needs of Americans by scheduling a vote on S. 3202 to address high gas prices.

Were are the Democracts 2008.................WASHINGTON, D.C. – Rep. Howard P. “Buck” McKeon (R-Santa Clarita) harshly criticized
congressional Democrats today for voting to adjourn the House for an entire month without
taking action to bring down high gasoline prices.
And now another VACATION........By Michael Rothfeld and Nancy Vogel, Los Angeles Times Staff Writers
August 23, 2008
SACRAMENTO -- With the end of the legislative session approaching, no budget in place and a $15.2-billion deficit hanging over their heads, the Assembly's Democrats on Friday unveiled their plans for the next week: a three-day vacation from the Capitol.
Quote:
If you want to change the world for Christ, get out there and do something! You're more useful to the kingdom at a shelter or an pregnancy center than in a polling booth!
This statement, I so agree with you on. This is the love of Christ we all need to be showing!!

Old 09-03-2008, 09:49 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,969,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluepacific View Post
They put the man in power, that's the problem. The Holocaust Museum's census of 1926 put 2/3 of Germany as Evangelicals and 1/3 Catholic. Evangelicals help put the man in power. When France suurended in Paris, the Reverend of the Evangelical Church in Mainz, Germany thanked God in prayer for sending Adolf Hitler to save Germany. This was at the Holocaust Museum.

They constantly promoted in the Churches the idea of an "God-Sent Fuhrer" and a "Pan-German Empire". The book "Mein Kampf" was taught from their pulpits as truth. They even studied Alfred Rosenburg's book, "Der Mythos Des 20. Jahrhunderts" ( "Myths of the 20th Century" ) in which they tried to prove that Jesus Christ was not a Jew, but a blond Aryan.

The Myth of the Twentieth Century - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Unfortunately nothing has changed today. Religion will always be in bed with politics as this threads bears out. The result is that God's name and his word the bible again is dragged through the mud.
Thats the problem with numbers like that. America is said by some to be a Christian nation, Yet if you really look for real Christian believers they are hard to find. The Christians I know vote for the lesser of the two evils so I don't think you can say they are in bed with anyone. Most Christians tend to vote Republican because the are against abortion. And that is as close to the bed as we get.

Old 09-03-2008, 09:56 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,969,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
Okay, I skimmed this thread (so many posts!) but here's my two cents, as a christian.

1. The Republicans are against abortion and Gay marriage because they supposedly support the "sanctity of life" and are "pro-family" Then they go and start a war that results in killing thousands of civilians and displacing at least a million Iraqis. Sorry, but that ain't pro-life/family in my book.

2. The Republicans have run the country into the ground, but basically tell christians "If you don't vote for us, the Democrats will win, and then ___________." And what do we do? We FLOCK to the voting booth hoping that maybe this time they'll do something about abortion. Meanwhile, they do nothing about it and waste our money. Doesn't everyone realize that they're just scaring us into voting for them?????

3. And frankly, I could care less about gay marriage when there are thousands of homeles families on the streets struggling to survive, people who can't afford health insurance and can barely afford Gas to get to work. Homosexuality is sin, but so is turning your nose up at a poor neighbor on the way to the polling station. The GOP has done all that and more. I'd like to hear Mr. Dobson bring that up sometime.

I used to be Republican...voted for Bush twice, and thought about how great it was to have a pro-life party in the white house. Then I realized that I was an enabler and an accomplice to an incompetent, hypocritcal party that isn't consistent in its beliefs. I like Gov. Palin, and because of that I'll likely be voting for McCain, he's the only GOP guy, and it'll be a very very long time before I vote for the Republicans again.

If you want to change the world for Christ, get out there and do something! You're more useful to the kingdom at a shelter or an pregnancy center than in a polling booth!
The Republicans did do something about abortion, where have you been. President Bush was the first President to sign into law the ban on late term abortions. The previous president refused to sign that law. If Christians do not go to the polling booth who will stop the others from voting in other men who will keep the killing mills running.

Old 09-03-2008, 10:32 AM

194 posts, read 361,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
Yeah, if we actually cared about Iraqis killing their own, why did we wait so many years to do try and do something about it?

The "we're taking down an evil dictator" reason for the war was just the reason that stuck, after Bush's handlers kept throwing false justification out to get support from the public for the Neocon's master plan. If you think we did it for that reason, you're delusional!

Watch this video which contains quote after quote by many DEMOCRATS about Iraq! Suddenly though they all have amnesia and like to paint the picture that Bush misled us all into war! They all supported it- not just the Republicans!

YouTube - Democrats on Iraq + WMD's (Weapons of Mass Destruction)

Old 09-03-2008, 10:53 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,482,904 times
Jesus' ministry was centered around the needy. The sick. The poor. And the helpless. If, as a Christian, you strive to live a Christlike life you need to ask yourself which candidate is more apt to implement policies that will help the suffering of your fellow man. In all likelyhood, based on past Presidents, that would be a Democrat. But on the other hand a Democrat is more apt to appoint Supreme Court justices that will uphold Roe v Wade and the right to an abortion. It really is a catch 22. But I feel that the good Democrats will do for those needier than I far outweighs what they will do about 1 single issue such as abortion. If you vote for a candidate after truly giving it some thought and you think you are doing the right thing for your fellow man. How could that be a sin?

Old 09-03-2008, 11:00 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,563,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
Jesus' ministry was centered around the needy. The sick. The poor. And the helpless. If, as a Christian, you strive to live a Christlike life you need to ask yourself which candidate is more apt to implement policies that will help the suffering of your fellow man. In all likelyhood, based on past Presidents, that would be a Democrat. But on the other hand a Democrat is more apt to appoint Supreme Court justices that will uphold Roe v Wade and the right to an abortion. It really is a catch 22. But I feel that the good Democrats will do for those needier than I far outweighs what they will do about 1 single issue such as abortion. If you vote for a candidate after truly giving it some thought and you think you are doing the right thing for your fellow man. How could that be a sin?
Did you know that last year african americans accounted for 36% of all abortions in the U.S. African Americans only account for 13% of the U.S. population.

The Klue Klux Klan couldn't have done a better job. That 1 single issue as you put it will have devasting consequences for African American community in this country.

Old 09-03-2008, 11:06 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,563,768 times
Quote:
If you vote for a candidate after truly giving it some thought and you think you are doing the right thing for your fellow man. How could that be a sin?
Easy! when you are over looking a moral tragedy that will always be wrong in the sight of God and that includes eugenics, genocide, unjustified wars etc......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity