Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2012, 11:48 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,748,754 times

Advertisements

The OP posted this thread FOUR YEARS ago when he was still pretty young.

It is my hope that he has since learned that masturbation is in fact NOT a sin

Old 08-09-2012, 01:10 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,379,000 times
Masturbation, in essence, accomplishes what a wet dream does - and those are ALSO coupled with an erotic dream, and are nature's way of releasing the "volcano's" energy.

Six, one half-dozen, or the other.

Then you wonder why people lapse from their religions ... because they ask that people stop being human.

Last edited by robertpolyglot; 08-09-2012 at 01:52 PM.. Reason: grammar

Old 08-09-2012, 02:04 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,637,839 times
I believe it is a sin.. I think it falls into the "uncleanliness" category which includes the thought life listed in those who will not inherit in Galatians 5. Really anything that comes in life before God's will and desires is Idolatry so God help us. In our culture where women are wearing revealing clothing it's not that fun sometimes. The TV, internet, magazines in the checkout line is awful. I sometimes wish I was living in the time of Abraham where you didn't take a bath for a month or so and woman wore long dresses and veils .. <kidding

Oh well I guess gotta strive against this sin nature and pray for the mercy of God. Christian couples shouldn't have an issue in this matter as much as they are to give their bodies for each other when the time calls for it.

Old 08-09-2012, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelee81 View Post
I believe it is a sin.. I think it falls into the "uncleanliness" category which includes the thought life listed in those who will not inherit in Galatians 5. Really anything that comes in life before God's will and desires is Idolatry so God help us. In our culture where women are wearing revealing clothing it's not that fun sometimes. The TV, internet, magazines in the checkout line is awful. I sometimes wish I was living in the time of Abraham where you didn't take a bath for a month or so and woman wore long dresses and veils .. <kidding

Oh well I guess gotta strive against this sin nature and pray for the mercy of God. Christian couples shouldn't have an issue in this matter as much as they are to give their bodies for each other when the time calls for it.
Wow. Just wow. Now self-pleasure, not even involving another person, is elevated to the category of those who are not suited to inherit the Kingdom of God. Sounds like it's going to be an empty, lonely place. That place doesn't sound like fun.

Old 08-09-2012, 02:23 PM

8,954 posts, read 20,685,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Has any christian on this forum ever dealt with masturbation.
How can a gift God gave us ever be considered a sin?

Ya, lost me with that one............

Old 08-09-2012, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
Wow. Just wow. Now self-pleasure, not even involving another person, is elevated to the category of those who are not suited to inherit the Kingdom of God. Sounds like it's going to be an empty, lonely place. That place doesn't sound like fun.
Well inheriting is different than entering heaven. One enters into eternal life upon Baptism of the Holy Spirit upon believing.. Only the saved by Grace through Faith overcomers will inherit as coheirs with Christ. The saved by Grace through Faith overcome may be subjects not sovereigns. I do believe a lot of Christians especially now in our time will fall in the second category. When reading the Scriptures, I realize I could very well be one of them.

Old 08-09-2012, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandpa Pipes View Post
How can a gift God gave us ever be considered a sin?

Ya, lost me with that one............
I'm not sure if it's a gift or a curse.

Sometimes wishing the arms were shorter.. If Grandpa says it doesn't go away with age, than that's something to worry about.

Old 08-09-2012, 03:16 PM

I will NEVER think that this is a sin, even before casually speaking with a priest who said it is not. And I was just discussing, not confessing.

Old 08-09-2012, 03:29 PM

37,470 posts, read 61,415,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelee81 View Post
I believe it is a sin...
Since this is in the 'Christian' sub-forum.

Could you possibly share with us a Bible passage that you feel tells us that this is sin?

God decides what sin is. Not man.

Old 08-09-2012, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Submariner View Post
Since this is in the 'Christian' sub-forum.

Could you possibly share with us a Bible passage that you feel tells us that this is sin?

God decides what sin is. Not man.
I know what will be coming, no pun intended. It will be a reference to the "spilling of seed" passage. That's the ones the conservatives tout. Again, metaphoric and unspecific.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity