Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2008, 07:27 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,624,452 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by arguy1973 View Post
I agree in theory..but I also think this sets up the stage for a one-world religion. Their thinking IMHO of course...religion divides-If there was no religion..or just one religion for everyone, there would be less conflict. So guess what..saying Jesus is THE only way to heaven in that time could get you chunked in jail for all sorts of slanders and discriminations.
Amen, Arguy!! Or worse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2008, 07:28 AM

7,784 posts, read 14,889,065 times
Quote:
So guess what..saying Jesus is THE only way to heaven in that time could get you chunked in jail for all sorts of slanders and discriminations.
Interesting. (and accurate I believe)

//www.city-data.com/forum/chris...nd-christ.html

Old 07-25-2008, 07:38 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,512,386 times
Quote:
I agree in theory..but I also think this sets up the stage for a one-world religion. Their thinking IMHO of course...religion divides-If there was no religion..or just one religion for everyone, there would be less conflict. So guess what..saying Jesus is THE only way to heaven in that time could get you chunked in jail for all sorts of slanders and discriminations.
I don't see that quote as leading to a one world religion..I see it as leading putting our difference in belief aside, and all working together to end the poverty the suffering of mankind, and the problems with the world economics and ecologic things happening now that threaten to eventually destroy us anyway..

Old 07-25-2008, 07:49 AM

3,570 posts, read 8,720,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue62 View Post
I don't see that quote as leading to a one world religion..I see it as leading putting our difference in belief aside, and all working together to end the poverty the suffering of mankind, and the problems with the world economics and ecologic things happening now that threaten to eventually destroy us anyway..
And that my dear Blue is true blindness to what the Scripture says about the end times. In the end there will be one who brings peace to the world. Could it be Obama? Not sure, and not saying it is or isn't. It's interesting to watch and see how this all plays out. If we're wrong, sobeit. If we're right...well hold on to your Bible because that will be the only truth left in this world.

Old 07-25-2008, 07:56 AM

6,233 posts, read 9,482,428 times
I honestly don't think you can have a one world government of 6 billion+ people. We can barely get along as it is as separate countries. If it ever did come to pass it would be short lived.

Old 07-25-2008, 08:03 AM

8,568 posts, read 16,235,190 times
Originally Posted by blue62
Quote:
I have a very strong feeling that Sen. Obama will be our next president and he will wind up being one of the best just as young JFK proved to be
If Obama becomes the next president of America I only hope that his presidency won't end up like JFK's.
Some people are convinced that they have the right to make these kind of undemocratic decisions ( read: assassinations) for the 'good' of their nation.

Old 07-25-2008, 08:13 AM

3,086 posts, read 6,273,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
I'm not blind to the forces of evil in the world, but it seems many Christians get caught up in the 'end times' scenario and lose their grip on reality, OR think we are in an inevitable slide toward an evil one world empire.

IMO we should simply keep being salt and light and see what happens instead of assuming the entire horror of the revelation is literal and is lying in wait. Decades of predictions by end-time doom and gloom 'prophets' have failed and been modified to suite the next wave of sensational book sales.
Wow, firstborn.. finally something we can agree on!

Quote:
So guess what..saying Jesus is THE only way to heaven in that time could get you chunked in jail for all sorts of slanders and discriminations.
I definitely see this type of thing happening.. the foundation is laid already. It's part of the prophecy we do have about the falling away in the "last days".

I just don't think that the "one-world government", "anti-christ", "war of gog and magog" etc interpretations are anywhere near correct. Revelations by-and-large has not much to do with the future literal happenings, other than the return of Christ, subsequent judgment, and eternal destinies.

As firstborn was saying, much time, effort, thought, and money is being put into intellectual study, mankind trying to prophecy and figure out what exactly is going to happen.. when all that time and effort would be much better put toward studying the clear teachings and directions of the Bible. If this would be done, a lot of the other stuff would fall into place.

Old 07-25-2008, 08:30 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,512,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier View Post
And that my dear Blue is true blindness to what the Scripture says about the end times.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky D View Post
Originally Posted by blue62 If Obama becomes the next president of America I only hope that his presidency won't end up like JFK's.
Example of why I do not mix politics and religion..."Blind Blue"

Old 07-25-2008, 08:56 AM

3,570 posts, read 8,720,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue62 View Post
Example of why I do not mix politics and religion..."Blind Blue"
Dear "BB", how can they not be mixed? If you live your faith, then all of your decisions and choices would be made through a Christian worldview. These decisions would include political decisions as well.

Old 07-25-2008, 09:08 AM

8,568 posts, read 16,235,190 times
Originally Posted by Hoosier
Quote:
Dear "BB", how can they not be mixed? If you live your faith, then all of your decisions and choices would be made through a Christian worldview.
The thing is that Christians themselves are able to have mixed (read: individual) thoughts & feelings, thus the worldview of each Christian can be different.
Maybe the general Christian goals are compatible amongst Christians, but the way how to achieve them might be very different for each Christian.
For example the commandment Thou shalt not kill,
Every Christian might agree that they should obey this commandment (= is a religious theory), but there are Christians who find nothing wrong with killing in self-defence (= is a political philosophy).
Jesus himself never killed anyone in self-defence so where do those Christians who believe that they are allowed to kill in self-defence base their opinion on?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity