Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2008, 09:04 AM

3,978 posts, read 8,550,882 times

Advertisements

1 Tim. 3.16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness:
God was manifested in the flesh,
Justified in the Spirit,
Seen by angels,
Preached among the Gentiles,
Believed on in all the world,
Received up in glory.

1 Tim. 4.1 Now the Spirit expressly says that in the latter times some will depart from the faith, giving heed to deceiving spirits and doctrines of demons,

Titus 3.4-5 But when the kindness and the love of God our Savior toward man appeared, not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us, through the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Spirit,

Hebrews 9.14 how much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered Himself without spot to God, cleanse your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?

Hebrews 10.15 But the Holy Spirit also witnesses to us; for after He had said before,

Hebrews 10.29 Of how much worse punishment, do you suppose, will he be thought worthy who has trampled the Son of God underfoot, counted the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified a common thing, and insulted the Spirit of grace?

James 4.5 Or do you think that the Scripture says in vain, " The Spirit who dwells in us yearns jealously"?

1 Peter 1.2 elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, in sanctification of the Spirit, for obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ:

1 Peter 1.11 searching what, or what manner of time, the Spirit of Christ who was in them was indicating when He testified beforehand the suffering of Christ and the glories that would follow.
12. To them it was revealed that, not to themselves, but to us they were ministering the things which now have been reported to you through those who have preached the gospel to you by the Holy Spirit sent from heaven-- things which angels desire to look into.

1 Peter 1.22 Since you have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit in sincere love of the brethren, love one another fervently with a pure heart,

1 Peter 3.18 For Christ also suffered once for sins, the just for the unjust, that He might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh but made alive in the Spirit,

1 Peter 4.14 If you are reproached for the name of Christ, blessed are you, for the Spirit of glory and of God rests upon you.

1 John 3.24 Now he who keeps His commandments abides in Him, and He in him. And by this we know that He abides in us, by the Spirit whom He has given us.

1 John 4.2 By this you know the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesses that Jesus has come in the flesh is of God,

1 John 5.6 This is He who came by water and blood-- Jesus Christ; not only by water, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit who bears witness, because the Spirit is truth.

1 John 5.8 And there are three that bare witness on earth: the Spirit, the water, and the blood; and these three agree as one.

Jude 19 These are sensual persons, who cause divisions, not having the Spirit.

This is all that is found in the New Testament, except for the Book of Revelation.

I will enter them also...unless some one else does it for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2008, 07:59 AM

It is apparent that no one else is going to help me finish this list, so...like Chicken Little, I will do it myself.

Rev.1.4 John, to the seven churches which are in Asia:

Grace to you and peace from Him who is and who was and who is to come,and from the seven Spirits who are before His throne,

Rev.1.10 I was in the Spirit on the Lord's Day, and I heard behind me a loud voice, as os a trumpet,

Rev.2.7 "He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches."

Rev.2.11 "He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit say to the churches."

Rev.2.17 "He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches."

Rev.2.29 "He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches."

Rev.3.1 " And to the angel of the church in Sardis write,'These things says He who has the seven Spirits of God and the seven stars:....."

Rev.3.6 " He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches."

Rev.3.13 " He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches."

Rev.3.22 " He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches."

Rev.4.2 Immediately I was in the Spirit; and behold, a throne set in heaven, and One sat on the throne.

Rev.4.5 And from the throne proceeded lightnings, thunderings, and and voices.
Seven lamps of fire were burning before the throne, which are the seven Spirits Of God.

Rev.5.6 And I looked, and behold, in the midst of the throne and of the four living creatures, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as though it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent out into all the earth.

Rev.14.13 Then I heard a voice from heaven saying to me, " Write: 'Blessed are the dead who die in the Lord from now on,' " "Yes", says the Spirit, "That they may rest from their labors, and their works follow them."

Rev.17.3 So he carried me away in the Spirit into the wilderness.

Rev.21.10 And he carried me away in the Spirit to a great and high mountain,

Rev.22.17 And the Spirit and the bride say, "Come!" And let him who hears say, "Come!" And let him who thirsts come. Whoever desires, let him take the water of life freely.

This concludes the list of the scriptures on the Spirit.
As I said in the beginning of the list...mine are all from the NKJV.

This study is now open for discussions.... I hope many have found inspiration, and knowledge from these scriptures. Any that are brief, and you wish to find out the context from which it came...please go to the book that it came from, and read the before and after scriptures.

May God bless you in your studys.

Marian

Old 10-01-2008, 04:44 PM

I was too late to correct my booboo at the beginning of my last post. It was the Little Red Hen who had to do it all...not Chicken Little.
It's been a long time since I read children's books.

Come on folks. If I get no response to this study, I will start another on a differant subject.

( I don't give up easily.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity