Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2009, 10:19 AM

3,153 posts, read 3,407,289 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodgertutt View Post
I think this is an appropriate time to repeat what I said before.
ALL of the arguments that beloved57 has posted on this entire thread have been refuted in this link.
BIBLE THREATENINGS EXPLAINED
Bible Threatenings Explained

Beloved57 says he doesn't have time to read that "garbage" because there is no possibility that he doesn't already know the truth for sure.

That is his choice.

But for those who may be interested, I want everyone to know that the contents of that link demonstrate that there simply are no scriptures in the entire Bible that support the idea that God will let anyone suffer forever or be annihilated.
And that of course includes what beloved57 has just posted.

Last edited by rodgertutt; 07-12-2009 at 10:21 AM.. Reason: spelling
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2009, 10:21 AM

1,876 posts, read 2,391,374 times
Quote:
And that of course includes what beloved 57 has just posted.
All your rejecting of the Truth is not going to make it go away, i am here to witness for it, for the Glory of God..

Old 07-12-2009, 10:25 AM

3,153 posts, read 3,407,289 times
Default Witness your heart out

Quote:
I think this is an appropriate time to repeat what I said before.
ALL of the arguments that beloved57 has posted on this entire thread have been refuted in this link.
BIBLE THREATENINGS EXPLAINED
Bible Threatenings Explained

Beloved57 says he doesn't have time to read that "garbage" because there is no possibility that she doesn't already know the truth for sure.

That is his choice.

But for those who may be interested, I want everyone to know that the contents of that link demonstrate that there simply are no scriptures in the entire Bible that support the idea that God will let anyone suffer forever or be annihilated.
Witness your heart out.
I welcome all your witnessing as to how I perceive God to be in the Bible!!

Old 07-12-2009, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Witness your heart out.
I welcome all your witnessing as to how I perceive God to be in the Bible!!
I dont need your approval, I will be doing just that, for my God..you just be ready for judgment day..

Old 07-12-2009, 10:43 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,971,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesMRohde View Post
Solomon said, "The day of death is better than the day of birth." And what of our birth?

"We were born into other men's homes,
victims of their sins,
raised in their schools of thought,
and subjected to their gods.
We are like a child,
pregnant from rape
who has never known
the caress of a true love.
Until we get beyond all this
we can't even find the starting line."

---James M. Rohde

The Holy Scripture never says that death determines destiny, rather it is determined by God Who cannot die. It does not anywhere have anything written saying God loves you until you die.

Something Jesus said was, "who believes in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live." (in John 11:25-26) Don't add words to explain away what He said. Meditate on it. In that place He also indicated victory over death by going on to say, "And, everyone living and believing into Me, should by no means be dying into the eon. Are you believing this?"

After Jesus died on the cross Peter says He preached to the spirits in prison that had been disobedient in the days of Noah. "For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit: By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison; Which sometime were disobedient (no longer disobedient means their prison was working), when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water." (1 Pet 3:18-20) It is definitely taught by God's own word that: "For for this cause was the gospel preached also to them that are dead, that they might be judged according to men in the flesh, but live according to God in the spirit." (1 Pet 4:6)

In the book of Jonah in the Bible it says after Jonah died and went to hell he prayed and God saved him. Men made up the idea that God loves you until you die. The gospel is "Christ died for our sins" and the Bible did not add "so we could have a chance to accept Him." That others would benefit from faith in the gospel we do what we can to get them to believe. (cf., 2 Cor 5:18-20 KJV)

The verse fragment, "...it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment..." (Heb 9:27, KJV) people use to supposedly back up the idea that once you die it's too late to come to faith. Whatever it means, it certainly does not in any way say such a thing and it doesn't seem possible to make it even infer it. This passage is in the midst of the following larger quote giving it a context: "...yet now, once, at the conclusion of the eons, for the repudiation of sin through His sacrifice, is He manifest. And, in as much as it is reserved to the men to be dying once, yet after this a judging, thus Christ also, being offered once for the bearing of the sins of many, will be seen a second time, by those awaiting Him, apart from sin, for salvation, through faith." (Heb 9:26B-28, Concordant Literal Version) In the context, which I quoted, Christ is presented as our judgment for sin.

An interesting cross reference here is, "For he that is dead is freed from sin." (Rom 6:7 KJV) The word "freed" isn't in the original. It has "justified," which means to be declared right as a result of a judicial investigation. The judgment for sin according to the Bible is death. This corresponds with rendering Heb 9:27, "With this the judgment..." which may be justified by pointing out the Greek word meta in this phrase is translated with 346 times compared to after only 95 times by the Authorized Version. However, not being followed by the genitive, it is possibly more literal with the accusative to render it as after.

Salvation is from the law of both sin and death by the higher law of life in Christ producing both righteousness and victory over death. "...for the spirit's law of life in Christ Jesus frees you from the law of sin and death. " (Rom 8:2, CLV) Salvation is partaking of the Divine nature, being conformed to the image and likeness of God, spirit, soul and body, not a better location in death, however true that may be too. Nothing in the Bible says God's saving work is limited to this life, or that it ceases when somebody dies. All it takes to prove this wrong is to quote a verse that says something like that. We ought to meditate on what is instead written that is clear and easy to understand:

"For for this cause was the gospel preached also to them that are dead, that they might be judged according to men in the flesh, but live according to God in the spirit." 1 Peter 4:6 KJV

(Nothing in the Bible says God's saving power is limited to this life?)

Hebrews 9:27 And as it is appointed unto men (ONCE TO DIE,) but after this the judgment:

2 Corinthians 6:2 For he says, "In the time of my favor I heard you, and in the day of (SALVATION) I helped you."

(I TELL YOU, (NOW) IS THE TIME OF GOD'S FAVOR, (NOW) IS THE DAY OF SALVATION.)

I believe you would be incorrect on your posted opinion.

Old 07-12-2009, 10:50 AM

Default suffering will be eternal or forever says the bible

Scripture is very clear on the eternal duration of the suffering of the wicked..lets look at some scriptures..

matt 25:

46And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

niv:

46"Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life."

The greek word everlasting is the word:

aiōnios which has these defintions:
without beginning and end, that which always has been and always will be
2) without beginning
3) without end, never to cease, everlasting

hence, the punishment is without end, its never to cease..

Its forever as the same word is used by paul to philemon:

15Perhaps it was for this reason that he was separated [from you] for a while, that you might have him back as yours forever,

In mk 3 29 we have:

But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation.

to many, Jesus words here are merely an idle baseless threat that has no truth to it..

Now read paul, will his words agree with christ on this matter ? Lets see 2 thess 1:

9Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;

Now i am aware of the enmies of Gods word who shall tamper with this truth, attacking through word analysis the credibility of the words everlasting and eternal, but they are decieved and shall decieve many as predicted.. but to the elect of God, their sophistry is worthless rubbage, futile..

They oft times employ a strategy that would reneder everlating and eternal merely temporal

There are many false prophets about and if possible, but its not, they would decieve the very elect..matt 24:

24For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

Old 07-12-2009, 10:50 AM

1,711 posts, read 1,902,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
(Nothing in the Bible says God's saving power is limited to this life?)

Hebrews 9:27 And as it is appointed unto men (ONCE TO DIE,) but after this the judgment:
Where does it say that there is no salvation in the day of judgment? Don't you think that when jugment day comes, God's judgments will be in the earth?
  • Isaiah 26:9 With my soul have I desired thee in the night; yea, with my spirit within me will I seek thee early: for when thy judgments are in the earth, the inhabitants of the world will learn righteousness.
  • Zepheniah 3:Therefore wait upon me, saith the Lord, until the day when I rise up for a witness: because my judgment shall be on the gatherings of the nations, to draw to me kings, to pour out upon them all my fierce anger: for the whole earth shall be consumed with the fire of my jealousy. 9 For then will I turn to the peoples a tongue for her generation, that all may call on the name of the Lord, to serve him under one yoke. 10 From the boundaries of the rivers of Ethiopia will I receive my dispersed ones; they shall offer sacrifices to me. 11 In that day thou shalt not be ashamed of all thy practices, wherein thou hast transgressed against me: for then will I take away from thee thy disdainful pride, and thou shalt no more magnify thyself upon my holy mountain. 12 And I will leave in thee a meek and lowly people; 13 and the remnant of Israel shall fear the name of the Lord, and shall do no iniquity, neither shall they speak vanity; neither shall a deceitful tongue be found in their mouth: for they shall feed, and lie down, and there shall be none to terrify them.
Quote:
2 Corinthians 6:2 For he says, "In the time of my favor I heard you, and in the day of (SALVATION) I helped you."

(I TELL YOU, (NOW) IS THE TIME OF GOD'S FAVOR, (NOW) IS THE DAY OF SALVATION.)
Saying "today is the day of salvation" is not the same as saying "tommorow is not the day of salvation".

Old 07-12-2009, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Where does it say that there is no salvation in the day of judgment.
Where does it say there is ?

Old 07-12-2009, 10:55 AM

1,711 posts, read 1,902,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
Where does it say there is ?
In the verses I just quoted.

Old 07-12-2009, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thy Kingdom Come View Post
In the verses I just quoted.
You mean the verse you just perverted..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity