Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2008, 10:37 AM

1,393 posts, read 1,753,212 times

Advertisements

Hello and greetings to you

Someone said to me when I was quoting scriptures, someone told me you remind me of Prophet, I wasn't sure what he meant what he said all the Prophet are have been killed you are not a Prophet. I didn't say anything I was shocked this was before I had spiritual experience, have no knowledge of Scripture that was about six years ago now today people are telling me the same I never said I was a Prophet, but I went to look to see what other histories of these Prophet, I looked in all literature and the Bible, when the Israelites were in trouble because they were serving strange gods and when these gods turned against them they will call out for Jehovah God. God would send messengers to tell them why is this happening to you. So they were killed and again the Israelites continue to serve other gods. I believe I count it about 36 times they did this, finally God said I wash my hands from you, here in this passage God says to the Israelites

Matt 23:13-39 (NKJV) But woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you shut up the kingdom of heaven against men; for you neither go in yourselves, nor do you allow those who are entering to go in.
14 Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you devour widows' houses, and for a pretense make long prayers. Therefore you will receive greater condemnation.
15 Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you travel land and sea to win one proselyte, and when he is won, you make him twice as much a son of hell as yourselves.
16 Woe to you, blind guides, who say, 'Whoever swears by the temple, it is nothing; but whoever swears by the gold of the temple, he is obliged to perform it.'
17 Fools and blind! For which is greater, the gold or the temple that sanctifies the gold?
18 And, 'Whoever swears by the altar, it is nothing; but whoever swears by the gift that is on it, he is obliged to perform it.'
19 Fools and blind! For which is greater, the gift or the altar that sanctifies the gift?
20 Therefore he who swears by the altar, swears by it and by all things on it.
21 He who swears by the temple, swears by it and by Him who dwells in it.
22 And he who swears by heaven, swears by the throne of God and by Him who sits on it.
23 Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have neglected the weightier matters of the law: justice and mercy and faith. These you ought to have done, without leaving the others undone.
24 Blind guides, who strain out a gnat and swallow a camel!
25 Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you cleanse the outside of the cup and dish, but inside they are full of extortion and self-indulgence.
26 Blind Pharisee, first cleanse the inside of the cup and dish, that the outside of them may be clean also.
27 Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you are like whitewashed tombs which indeed appear beautiful outwardly, but inside are full of dead men's bones and all uncleanness.
28 Even so you also outwardly appear righteous to men, but inside you are full of hypocrisy and lawlessness.
29 Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! Because you build the tombs of the prophets and adorn the monuments of the righteous,
30 and say, 'If we had lived in the days of our fathers, we would not have been partakers with them in the blood of the prophets.'
31 Therefore you are witnesses against yourselves that you are sons of those who murdered the prophets.
32 Fill up, then, the measure of your fathers' guilt.
33 Serpents, brood of vipers! How can you escape the condemnation of hell?
34 Therefore, indeed, I send you prophets, wise men, and scribes: some of them you will kill and crucify, and some of them you will scourge in your synagogues and persecute from city to city,
35 that on you may come all the righteous blood shed on the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel to the blood of Zechariah, son of Berechiah, whom you murdered between the temple and the altar.
36 Assuredly, I say to you, all these things will come upon this generation.

Here he says he will wash his hands from the Israelites but they are not at forgotten.
37 "O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the one who kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to her! How often I wanted to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, but you were not willing!
38 See! Your house is left to you desolate;
39 for I say to you, you shall see Me no more till you say, 'Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord!' "

I believe in Romans 15: 31 Paul is trying to convince beyond believers to reason to show them the light of the truth that would be acceptable to them, I think that he was trying to do, but you know the story of what happened to Paul at the end.

For Christ's sake
We read in Romans 15:22-33 For this reason I also have been much hindered from coming to you.
But now no longer having a place in these parts, and having a great desire these many years to come to you,
whenever I journey to Spain, I shall come to you. For I hope to see you on my journey, and to be helped on my way there by you, if first I may enjoy your company for a while.
But now I am going to Jerusalem to minister to the saints.
For it pleased those from Macedonia and Achaia to make a certain contribution for the poor among the saints who are in Jerusalem.
It pleased them indeed, and they are their debtors. For if the Gentiles have been partakers of their spiritual things, their duty is also to minister to them in material things.
Therefore, when I have performed this and have sealed to them this fruit, I shall go by way of you to Spain.
But I know that when I come to you, I shall come in the fullness of the blessing of the gospel of Christ.
Now I beg you, brethren, through the Lord Jesus Christ, and through the love of the Spirit, that you strive together with me in prayers to God for me,
that I may be delivered from those in Judea who do not believe, and that my service for Jerusalem may be acceptable to the saints,
that I may come to you with joy by the will of God, and may be refreshed together with you.
Now the God of peace be with you all. Amen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2008, 10:55 AM

5,715 posts, read 15,048,783 times
You've answered your question about what you believe a prophet is in your previous post...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWordIsOne View Post
I attend seminary school of Theology for about 8 years. I study Greek Theology and Christian Theology. I am not a master but I am working my way up. What I have said is true. I seek not my truth, but the truth of God. Everyone has a choice this is what you call discernment. I look at all aspects of scriptures and people that have wisdom of discernment, so like everyone else I share my discernment to others. Please seek all aspects Theology to fine truth. Not my true, but the truth of the living God and Christian. Wisdom, I will show you how I get your own information so that you can find your own answers if is true or false.

PS. a study about what is to be a prophet?

Prophet

Responsibility assumption is a doctrine in the personal growth field holding that each individual has substantial or total responsibility for the events and circumstances that befall them in their life. While there is little that is notable about the notion that each person has at least some role in shaping their experience, the doctrine of responsibility assumption posits that the individual's mental contribution to his or her own experience is substantially greater than is normally thought. "I must have wanted this" is the type of catchphrase used by adherents of this doctrine when encountering situations, pleasant or unpleasant, to remind them that their own desires and choices led to the present outcome.
The term responsibility assumption thus has a specialized meaning beyond the general concept of taking responsibility for something, and is not to be confused with the general notion of making an assumption that a concept such as "responsibility" exists.
Moral responsibility can refer to two different but related things. First, a person has 'moral responsibility' for a situation if that person has an obligation to ensure that something happens. Assume that John promises to baby-sit for his neighbour while she goes to a job interview. However, he decides he will go to a concert instead. Arguably, John has moral responsibility for finding another appropriate babysitter for his neighbour. Second, a person has moral responsibility for a situation when it would be correct to morally praise or blame that person for the situation. If John fails to find an appropriate babysitter, then he might be said to have moral responsibility for his neighbour's failure to make her job interview.
People who have moral responsibility for an action are usually called moral agents. Agents are creatures that are capable of reflecting on their situation, forming intentions about how they will act, and then carrying out that action.
An obligation is a requirement to take some course of action. It can be legal or moral. There are also obligations in other normative contexts, such as obligations of etiquette, social obligations, and possibly the In terms of politics, obligations are requirements that are to fulfill. These are generally in the form of legal obligations, which incur a penalty for lack of fulfillment, although certain people are obliged to carry out certain actions for other reasons as well, which can be due to tradition or social reasons. Obligations vary from person to person, for example, a person holding a political office will generally have far more obligations than an average adult citizen, who themselves will have more obligations than a child. Obligations are generally granted in return for an increase in an individual’s rights or power.[SIZE=3][/SIZE]

Old 11-02-2008, 11:01 AM

Smile Your opinion

Quote:
Originally Posted by World Citizen View Post
You've answered your question about what you believe a prophet is in your previous post...
but what is yours opinion about the Israelites and today?

Last edited by TheWordIsOne; 11-02-2008 at 11:04 AM.. Reason: Adjusting letters

Old 11-02-2008, 11:08 AM

A day ago or two you said nothing that I post makes sense? If I'm to learn from others and how shall we learn.

Old 11-02-2008, 02:38 PM

Default He can even calm the sea...

TheWordisOne,

I just want you to know that I only want God's best for you in your life....

I believe that the same God that raised Jesus from the dead is still in the business of restoring people's lives.
There is nothing too big for Him... and nothing that He can not change if we draw near to Him and seek His truth.

I hope you find what you are looking for in your studies.

I know Jesus loves those who earnestly seek Him... and He's close by.

Last edited by World Citizen; 11-02-2008 at 03:07 PM..

Old 11-02-2008, 02:48 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,626,646 times
Hello WordIsOne,

I was just wondering...are you struggling with the English language? The wording in your posts is hard to understand, like World Citizen suggested. I get the gist of what you are trying to say most of the time (not all) but if English is not your first language then that would explain why we are having such a hard time understanding.

You said somewhere that you were using a program or something to help you communicate better, but I wasn't sure what you meant by that. I thought maybe you might be blind. Just curious, no harm intended.

Old 11-02-2008, 02:51 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,449,435 times
false prophets and priests met a sad end.

Old 11-02-2008, 04:02 PM

Default 20 years of age, the will reigns, at 30 the wit, and 40 the judgment

Quote:
Originally Posted by DayoftheLord View Post
Hello WordIsOne,

I was just wondering...are you struggling with the English language? The wording in your posts is hard to understand, like World Citizen suggested. I get the gist of what you are trying to say most of the time (not all) but if English is not your first language then that would explain why we are having such a hard time understanding.

You said somewhere that you were using a program or something to help you communicate better, but I wasn't sure what you meant by that. I thought maybe you might be blind. Just curious, no harm intended.

My mind is blind but I can see I never finished my school it's been a long time

Old 11-02-2008, 04:03 PM

Default 20 years of age, the will reigns, at 30 the wit, and 40 the judgment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
false prophets and priests met a sad end.

you will have to wish

Old 11-02-2008, 05:13 PM

Default Spiritual blessings...

TheWordisOne,

As christians, we wish you only God's best for your life.

May God BLESS you!!!

Hey... you should do a study on the word BLESS ... and blessing...

it's guaranteed to bless you

Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ...

Last edited by World Citizen; 11-02-2008 at 05:44 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity