Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2013, 04:25 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,056,385 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
And to further refute the claim that the deity of Christ was first invented in the 4th century, we have the writings of the early church fathers concerning the deity of Christ, and his preexistence of the creation, which predate the 4th century. A few examples are given below ...

Peace ...
Eph 1:1 Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ through the will of God, to the saints being in Ephesus and faithful in Christ Jesus:
Eph 1:2 Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
Eph 1:3 Blessed is the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenlies with Christ,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2013, 04:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
How hard is this...?

Isa 9:6-7 gives Christ the Title of the Godhead...The Son being the Mighty God....the Everlasting Father, The Prince Of Peace, and the Counsellor.....all these terms were given throughout the scriptures as Christ, God, Father and the Holy Spirit and Ghost. My goodness! There is no debate!!
Wonderful councellor of God, mighty man, everlasting Prince of Peace...

Old 02-24-2013, 04:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
Yes, there is. There are a lot more scriptures that would deny the trinity than there are agreeing with a trinity. This argument sounds to me like the argument that people use who stand firmly by the eternal torment doctrine. The only time they can bring up a 2 compartment scenario is with the parable of Lazarus and the Rich Man, which talks about 2 compartments after death, but there are 100s of other verses which contradict this, so we have to see what the parable is talking about, and we need to investigate further what this trinity thing is all about, too. That's what I'm doing. The Bible most certianly does contradict itself and it most certainly has a lot of errors. Anyone trying to put their head under the sand to hide from these errors only looks like a fool to the rest of people who are trying to figure this all out.

May the Holy Spirit guide us into truth, and not man.
The Bible does not contradict itself...Man's interpretation does...

Old 02-24-2013, 04:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
No, not God is with us, but God with us.

Matthew 1:23

23"The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel"—which means, "God with us."
Actually, with us is God...El = God, but also power, strength, etc...

Old 02-24-2013, 04:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifesigns64 View Post
The key is the word begotten . . . translate it in greek and hebrew . . . Jesus is a diety, because he is the ONLY begotten (NOT created) Son . . .

how is that different . . . he was brought forth from God the Father . . . the only person made of "God's Stuff" . . angels, prophets, people, apostles, non of them are begotten or dieties . .

Begotten, brought forth . . . interesting study.
Act 13:33 that this God has fulfilled to us, their children, raising up Jesus; as also it has been written in the second Psalm, "You are My Son, today I have begotten You." Psa. 2:7

The day of His resurrection?....

Old 02-24-2013, 04:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
1 Tim 3:16
and, confessedly, great is the secret of piety -- God was manifested in flesh, declared righteous in spirit, seen by messengers, preached among nations, believed on in the world, taken up in glory!

Who was taken Up in Glory? God(A.K.A Jesus) ...

Jhn 1:1 & 14
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning ... The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only

Do you believe Jesus is the living word of God? Do you believe that the word of God is god? Then why don't your believe that Jesus is God?

As Christ Said to Thomas, "Stop doubting and believe" ...

G5319
φανερόω
phaneroō
fan-er-o'-o
From G5318; to render apparent (literally or figuratively): - appear, manifestly declare, (make) manifest (forth), shew (self).

And the issue with Thomas was not conerning the deity of Yeshua it was conserning the resurrection...

Joh 1:14 And the Word became flesh and tabernacled among us. And we beheld His glory, glory as of an only begotten from the Father, full of grace and of truth.
It does not say "the one and only"....And notice it does not state when this manifestation occured...

Old 02-24-2013, 05:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Submariner View Post
I suppose.

I worship a singular deity: the creator of the Heavens and Earth, the Father of all mankind, the great architect of the universe.

My brother Jesus Christ likewise worshiped the same deity as I do. Jesus and I are fellow-heirs of the kingdom.
Hmmm, that is what a traveling man would call Him....

Old 02-24-2013, 05:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Submariner View Post
I am not familiar with any of those images, but whatever makes you happy
The one seems to be out of Duncan's...

Old 02-24-2013, 07:54 AM

37,477 posts, read 61,444,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spm62 View Post
thx for the list
You are welcome

To the greater glory of God.

Old 02-24-2013, 09:10 AM

910 posts, read 1,339,155 times
Submariner

Its not as easy as it seems. In many respects he is our brother, but not just an ordinary brother as he has a higher spiritual side. His Father, our Father referred to him as God. Heb 1 vs 8. It is clear that there is only one Sonship position in heaven, but there are many "sonship" positions available. Note the difference. By adoption we are all Gods sons, but by inheritance Christ is the only begotten Son of God. To help you further please read Philippine 2 from verse 6 to 10, and John 1 vs 1.

Because of his sacrifice, in this dispensation, he is given a title the King of Kings and the Lord of Lords, and all angels have been instructed to worship him. I want you to think about this for a second. The wind, the sun, rain etc are all angels, as well as the host of angels you read about. In his first advent, a situation arose where the first begotten considered taking permission from the Father to give him a legion of angels. In this last dispensation, all angels are at his beck and call. You should fear such a being, because he has been given a name above all other name, which means that he has been given the name of his Father. His prayer in John 17, " and now o Father, glorify thou me with the glory which I had with thee before the world was" has indeed been granted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity