Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2008, 09:22 PM

20,736 posts, read 19,427,406 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by renriq02 View Post
I would recommend that you read the whole passage, and take classes to learn about the Old Testament.

Daniel
31 And arms shall stand on his part, and they shall pollute the sanctuary of strength, and shall take away the daily sacrifice, and they shall place the abomination that maketh desolate.

Revelation
6And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven.

The temple needs to be rebuilt....the antichrist will come and pollute it.

BTW I'm sure you would NOT understand as the word antichrist is used only a few times in the NT..and I dont believe it's in the book of Revelation.

In the NT there is no mention of a third temple on earth. The only temple that matters is the heavenly temple not made with hands.

Acts 15
14"(AE)Simeon has related how God first concerned Himself about taking from among the Gentiles a people for His name. 15"With this the words of (AF)the Prophets agree, just as it is written,
16'(AG)AFTER THESE THINGS (AH)I will return,
AND I WILL REBUILD THE TABERNACLE OF DAVID WHICH HAS FALLEN,
AND I WILL REBUILD ITS RUINS,
AND I WILL RESTORE IT,
17(AI)SO THAT THE REST OF MANKIND MAY SEEK THE LORD,
AND ALL THE GENTILES (AJ)WHO ARE CALLED BY MY NAME,'
18(AK)SAYS THE LORD, WHO (AL)MAKES THESE THINGS KNOWN FROM LONG AGO.
If the temple were not restored then Gentiles would not have turned to Christ for the last 2000 years.

Old 11-11-2008, 06:43 AM

1,897 posts, read 3,498,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renriq02 View Post
I would recommend that you read the whole passage, and take classes to learn about the Old Testament.

Daniel
31 And arms shall stand on his part, and they shall pollute the sanctuary of strength, and shall take away the daily sacrifice, and they shall place the abomination that maketh desolate.

Revelation
6And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven.

The temple needs to be rebuilt....the antichrist will come and pollute it.

BTW I'm sure you would NOT understand as the word antichrist is used only a few times in the NT..and I dont believe it's in the book of Revelation.
Moderator cut: off-topic

Have you read and studied Daniel 11 in its entirety? I hope you have. I wonder why you read an antichrist into this passage when it is speaking of a king, assumed by many to be Antiochus IV who desecrated the temple in December, 168 B.C. It is an assumption that this concerns a coming "Antichrist." Is it not? There was one to come who would desecrate Herod's Temple, but it was Jesus' disciples standing right there with Him (Matthew 24:15) who were to see it!

As for the word "antichrist," I am fully aware that it appears only in the writings of John. And in those writings, John speaks of many antichrists and he speaks of all who deny Christ as being antichrists or having the spirit of antichrist. It is, therefore, another assumption that the beast of the Revelation is some "Antichrist" still to come. You want others to read all of a book in order to understand, yet you do not "seem" to do the same. I have mentioned before that the timing of the entire book of Revelation is clearly found in the first and last chapters. In the very first chapter John is told that the things he is to be shown must shortly take place. He is further told that the time was then, in his day, near (Rev. 1:1, 3). In case we didn't get it the first time, John reiterates in Chapter 22. The angel again tells John the events of the Revelation are to shortly take place. Note: John is then told--"Do not seal up the words of the prophecy of this book, for the time is near!

Now also note what Daniel was told:

"But you, Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book until the time of the end (Daniel 12:4). One of the "men" whom Daniel saw asked of the other: "How long shall the fulfillment of these wonders be?" The "man" clothed in linen said: "it shall be for a time, times, and half time; and when the power of the holy people has been completely shattered, all these things shall be finished (vss. 6 and 7).

When was the power of the holy people completely shattered? A. D. 70! John wrote the Revelation in the A. D. 60s making A. D. 70 the time that was near and the events surrounding that horrendous time the things that were in John's day to shortly take place. The temple does not need to be rebuilt and will NOT be rebuilt. The temple of Revelation 11 is none other than Herod's Temple that was destroyed in A. D. 70 by the Roman armies as instruments of God's judgment upon those Jews of that day. If one places the events of the Revelation in their proper historical setting, one does not have to fabricate such things as a rebuilt temple in order to find fulfillment for his preconceived ideas.

Preterist

Last edited by Alpha8207; 11-11-2008 at 09:52 AM..

Old 11-11-2008, 07:00 AM

5,137 posts, read 16,610,887 times
your verses are way out of sequence.

Where does it say in NT about the 'temple'?
The abomination of desolation has NOT occurred, and will occur when the Holy of Holies is reconstructed.

1Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,

2That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.
3Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
4Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

If you studied anywhere you would know that the majority of scholars believe that Daniel 11 IS speaking about the antichrist. It's not my fault that you falsely believe in something else.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preterist View Post
Have you read and studied Daniel 11 in its entirety? I hope you have. I wonder why you read an antichrist into this passage when it is speaking of a king, assumed by many to be Antiochus IV who desecrated the temple in December, 168 B.C. It is an assumption that this concerns a coming "Antichrist." Is it not? There was one to come who would desecrate Herod's Temple, but it was Jesus' disciples standing right there with Him (Matthew 24:15) who were to see it!

As for the word "antichrist," I am fully aware that it appears only in the writings of John. And in those writings, John speaks of many antichrists and he speaks of all who deny Christ as being antichrists or having the spirit of antichrist. It is, therefore, another assumption that the beast of the Revelation is some "Antichrist" still to come. You want others to read all of a book in order to understand, yet you do not "seem" to do the same. I have mentioned before that the timing of the entire book of Revelation is clearly found in the first and last chapters. In the very first chapter John is told that the things he is to be shown must shortly take place. He is further told that the time was then, in his day, near (Rev. 1:1, 3). In case we didn't get it the first time, John reiterates in Chapter 22. The angel again tells John the events of the Revelation are to shortly take place. Note: John is then told--"Do not seal up the words of the prophecy of this book, for the time is near!

Now also note what Daniel was told:

"But you, Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book until the time of the end (Daniel 12:4). One of the "men" whom Daniel saw asked of the other: "How long shall the fulfillment of these wonders be?" The "man" clothed in linen said: "it shall be for a time, times, and half time; and when the power of the holy people has been completely shattered, all these things shall be finished (vss. 6 and 7).

When was the power of the holy people completely shattered? A. D. 70! John wrote the Revelation in the A. D. 60s making A. D. 70 the time that was near and the events surrounding that horrendous time the things that were in John's day to shortly take place. The temple does not need to be rebuilt and will NOT be rebuilt. The temple of Revelation 11 is none other than Herod's Temple that was destroyed in A. D. 70 by the Roman armies as instruments of God's judgment upon those Jews of that day. If one places the events of the Revelation in their proper historical setting, one does not have to fabricate such things as a rebuilt temple in order to find fulfillment for his preconceived ideas.

Preterist

Last edited by Alpha8207; 11-11-2008 at 09:52 AM.. Reason: edited quoted post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity