Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2009, 06:15 PM

3,067 posts, read 4,106,308 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniMae1 View Post
Wives submit because they've been brainwashed into thinking they have to!
or....

Or perhaps they read and believe the Bible?

Perhaps they see the true wisdom in the following Bible verses?...

"Wives, submit to your husbands as to the Lord.
For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior.

Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything........and the wife must respect her husband."

Old 11-11-2009, 06:25 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,547,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanMolstad View Post
Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything.
I can only feel a great deal of sorrow for your sex slave, errr.... wife. As a man I can only feel a great deal of contempt for a person (I refuse to consider you a man) that would treat a woman they are supposed to love as a second class person. Beyond that I can even pity your for all of the wonders of a loving equal partnership you are missing.

I venture you also are so blind to your actions that when you seen how Islamic women are treated that you don't see the connection between that and your actions, and I certainly hope that it doesn't excite your.

Old 11-11-2009, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mari4him View Post
Interesting considering men spend the majority of their time ....
Im not going to tell another man how to run his own home.
But the role of a husband is to provide for his family, and to serve the family as the final authority in all matters concerning the family.

His is the leadership that everyone else in the family counts on when disagreements occur.

a husband may delegate his authority , or he may hold it in reserve.
that's up to each man to decide for himself.

Old 11-11-2009, 06:58 PM

2,339 posts, read 4,404,163 times
It still doesn't say that wives can only ask their husbands about church stuff. Give me one scripture that says a woman can't ask their elders, pastors, or anyone else about bible mess....

Old 11-11-2009, 07:03 PM

2,529 posts, read 4,353,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanMolstad View Post
I thought I made it very clear..

But just in case someone missed it -

Wives, submit to your husbands as to the Lord.
For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior.
Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything.

The wife of an atheist should submit to the husband in everything.
This is pleasing to the Lord.

The faith of the husband is moot...
The attitude and willingness of a Christian wife to submit to her husband is not dependent on the faith or actions of her husband.
So you think it would have been pleasing to God for me to submit to husband and give up on Christ, never associate with believers, and renounce God. Ok. Got it.

Old 11-11-2009, 07:06 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,471,556 times
follow him only so far as he follows god. i however think when both are rotten drivers they are both goin in the ditch--- better god drives no?.i am powerless over others i can only work on my own defects of character.

Old 11-11-2009, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniMae1 View Post
It still doesn't say that wives can only ask their husbands about church stuff. Give me one scripture that says a woman can't ask their elders, pastors, or anyone else about bible mess....
The bible is very clear as to whom a wife is to seek her answers about the Bible from!

Of that there is no doubt at all!!!!!!!!!

It's the husband, Case Closed

Now there is nothing wrong with a wife going to church to hear a sermon, nor is that any problem with meeting people in our daily lives and sharing the WORD with them.

But if a wife has a real spiritual question, then let her bring that question home to her husband.

I believe that if a wife were to come to a Pastor or other church Elder with a serious question about the Christian faith, that the advice she would receive would be to approach her husband at home about the matter, and allow his input into the issue to carry much weight.

I think that if a Pastor started to just start teaching the women right then and there that he would feel that he was stepping on someone's toes...

Old 11-11-2009, 07:09 PM

2,339 posts, read 4,404,163 times
It doesn't say that alan and you know it. And besides that Paul was talking to that particular church. The bible also says that it is wrong for women to cut their hair but you won't address that one. You are just like every other Christian. You pick and choose what you feel like following.

Old 11-11-2009, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzjamiedawn View Post
So you think it would have been pleasing to God for me to submit to husband and give up on Christ, never associate with believers, and renounce God. Ok. Got it.
I believe that God does not take the faith of a husband into account when he looks at the disrespect that some wives have towards their husbands.

The faith of your husband is moot as far as determining if you will obey the command to submit to his leadership or not...

If you trust God, you will trust his commandment to submit to your husband as if you were submitting to the Lord.
For truly don't think for one moment you can please the one without submitting to the other...

Old 11-11-2009, 07:14 PM

2,529 posts, read 4,353,964 times
Col 3:

18Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as it is fit in the Lord.

Pretty much says it all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity